Mike North on Justine Fields Pick

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Literally ever
I almost said that, but I do not know the entire history of the Bears so wasn't really sure. I didn't want to get fact checked by some history buff talking about a draft pick from 1932

Canth

Liked Posts:
As an engineer, I learned that 2+2 can equal 5 for very large values of 2....

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
the jerk guy from the score 20 years ago?

Attachments

• name.jpg
    name.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If he's unsure of Fields, then i feel even better. That guy was on Mitchs nuts from start to finish.

Its guys like Mike North that dumbed down this fanbase.
There are a lot of dumb sports talk show hosts but nobody comes remotely close to Mike North.

My two favorites for that knucklehead are:

Discussing the Olympics, he repeatedly referred to Belarus as Belize.

And the classic, sarcastically referring to non-geniuses as Eisenhowers instead of Einsteins.

“I don’t know who the Eisenhowers were that came up with this idea...”

The guy is dumber than a red brick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I almost said that, but I do not know the entire history of the Bears so wasn't really sure. I didn't want to get fact checked by some history buff talking about a draft pick from 1932
I am tempted to reply that there was no draft in 1932 but I don’t want to be “that guy”.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
North sounds like one of those guys from the Saturday Night Live skit.....Da Bears ??
Many years ago, when the Bears were facing Philadelphia in the playoffs, the Philly sports hosts joined a Chicago radio sports show, and vice a versa. Philadelphia fans were hysterically laughing that Mike north was indeed just like the skit on SNL.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
1. Mike North, is still alive !?
2. How do we pay him to stop talking?
3. How do we convince people to stop giving a shit about him, his opinion, or keep them from spreading it?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Many years ago, when the Bears were facing Philadelphia in the playoffs, the Philly sports hosts joined a Chicago radio sports show, and vice a versa. Philadelphia fans were hysterically laughing that Mike north was indeed just like the skit on SNL.
id love to get that audio

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't trust anyone's opinions on the future success of NFL prospects...

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I know nothing about Mike north, but most talking heads that are hated on this board still tend to have a couple people that support them and argue in their favor. It does not appear north has any segment of this board

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first time I saw Mike North on television I thought it was a parody of the Bears Superfans. That was 25 years ago and he hasn't changed.

Liked Posts:
Ok, he had me until he said he said Jankowski over Urlacher.

He askes that if Detroit knew that Feilds was entering the draft then why did they did they trade for Goff?

Since this guy believes Mac Jones is franchise material then why didnt Detroit just draft Jones?.

I liked Mitch, & YES I think Mitch got a raw deal. But I like this kid too. I hate it when someone hates on the player for the crime of being drafted.

He rails on how Mitch was treated poorley yet is already railing on the kid who is replacing Mitch. Thats not going to help anything.

Ive never been a big Matt Nagy fan but at the very least I DO believe that any HC hire should be able to live or die by his own hand picked QB from the draft process.

Are Bears fans and media race baiters over hyping the first pick? Of course they are.

But for fucks sake its a town starved for a savior at QB that just watched a draft that is the equivalent of Christmas Day for football fans.

Of course people are excited. Give the kid a shot.