Mike Pennel anyone?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe he hasn’t made a final decision. Maybe he is trying to figure out the financial ramifications.

But no showing a mandatory camp after sitting out a year is a big red flag.
It's definitely a big red flag.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I never said he could…. But at this time it’s unknown whether we need to upgrade the LT or RT position. Jenkins and Borom might be able to hold down those spots for a while.
So give him some competition, or use that money on a new center if Mustipher cant take that next step, it doesn't matter where the money goes on the OL, just put it on the OL, and actually invest there for once.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Did news not make it to the Left Coast that the Bears also drafted Larry Borom?

Borom also had the lowest QB pressure percentage (0%) last season among FBS offensive tackles according to Pro Football Focus.

I may be only a fan, but allowing 0% pressures against SEC DL's seems kinda like he may be servicable.
maybe, but he was described as raw, which is why he went in the 5th round. If he's still not ready then competition will be very valuable.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So give him some competition, or use that money on a new center if Mustipher cant take that next step, it doesn't matter where the money goes on the OL, just put it on the OL, and actually invest there for once.
I’m not disagreeing with upgrading the O line if needed but we don’t know if it is needed yet. That money can go elsewhere if those guys don’t need competition.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
maybe, but he was described as raw, which is why he went in the 5th round. If he's still not ready then competition will be very valuable.
Luckily the Bears have some time to evaluate Borom before the decision to spend more money on the OL needs to be made.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
There's zero indication that Goldman is retiring, so why are some of y'all pushing it?

Nagy's even said when asked about EG's absence the other day that he doesn't believe Goldman's 2021 chances are in doubt.

Oh wait, the armchair GMs of this message board have already traded/retired/forced him off the roster. Because screw reality...

Because there is a lot of "sky is falling" dipshits on this board.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Realistically I think Goldman may not have the desire to play, but he probably isn't going to lose out on 20 or 30 million or whatever he has left on the contract. Yeah he's made a lot, but that money could take care of his family forever

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I’m not disagreeing with upgrading the O line if needed but we don’t know if it is needed yet. That money can go elsewhere if those guys don’t need competition.
well yeah, but more than likely they will need a new starter in the next couple of seasons, Whitehair is already 28, Daniels could be upgraded, Mustipher is a question mark, and Borrom needs to either become the starter or be replaced. The chances of all of them sticking around long term are so small, it would be wise to plan on allocating money there.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Realistically I think Goldman may not have the desire to play, but he probably isn't going to lose out on 20 or 30 million or whatever he has left on the contract. Yeah he's made a lot, but that money could take care of his family forever
He seems very much like a William Perry type, Perry once said once he retires all he needed was is a fishing pole. Goldman does not seem like a guy that has a whole lot of expensive habits. As for the rest of his contract, he has $4.75M in guaranteed salary( if that 2020 guarantee pushed forward to 2021) and likely will never see the last 2 seasons of $9M/yr. If he is content he is walking away from $4.75 M and whatever the Bears may or may not come after in unearned signing bonus.

He has pocketed $15+M and may not think another $4.75 will affect he or his families future in a significant way.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He would have to pay back 6 million, but would still have 18 million in career earnings.