Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have a sneaky suspicion/hope that this 11 days between games coupled by the horrendous play of the OL and WR's will lead to a retooled offense.

At minimum moving Patrick to C and a new RG, and Harry to starting WR.

I would prefer going all in, Jones, Rieff, Patrick, Leatherwood(Carter, Schofield), Jenkins along the front. Harry, Mooney, VJ as your trips, WR's

Or even Jones, Leatherwood (Carter, Schofield), Patrick, Jenkins, Reiff.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I have a sneaky suspicion/hope that this 11 days between games coupled by the horrendous play of the OL and WR's will lead to a retooled offense.

I would prefer going all in, Jones, Rieff, Patrick, Leatherwood(Carter, Schofield), Jenkins along the front. Harry, Mooney, VJ as your trips, WR's

I don't think the Bears have any interest in Velosethegameforus Jones being a WR.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

Almost anything would improve on the current shit show, but I find it difficult to believe that if Getsy and company wouldn't make it worse by making any changes knowing the Bears organization over the decades we have watched this sorry ass team.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I hope they let Jenkins settle in at RG. He’s yet to give up a sack and he’s been a bully in the run game.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

i think the biggest change you'll see is a change at LG whether thats carter or leatherwood and patrick back to center...As much as it'll suck for fields my guess is they want to develop the young guys and the only way to do that is by letting them play.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jones has had one good game and that was Minnesota, it’s no coincidence that is the game fields looked the most comfortable. I digress.

I don’t know how much you shuffle the right side, it is what it is and has been ok. Jenkins had been solid to good, Borom had been meh.

A did see a video of leatherwood practicing individuals at RT. So possibly he is inserted there, but with him being out I’m guessing he’s not there right now conditioning wise, I’d be shocked if he’s on the field this year barring injury.

My guess is Patrick to C and schofield to LG.

I like Jones and thinks he has a high ceiling but he is going to get fields injured.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If anything, Harry is going to be a huge improvement blocking for Fields and the RBs. If Harry is on the outside instead of Marsette, Fields keeps his huge TD.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am starting to think my 6 win prediction may have been a tad rosy.

I bet they look the exact same coming out of the mini-bye.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Yeah, I don't see the team taking the week off, and looking at their inner "loafs" while further buying into the sHITS

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
Mustipher has to go. That move alone will help a ton since he is the worst center in the league. I’d try Borom at guard … it worked for Jenkins …

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If for whatever reason Patrick still can't play Center what about giving Carter a shot? Can it be worse?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If for whatever reason Patrick still can't play Center what about giving Carter a shot? Can it be worse?
Lucas can play C, they just aren't letting him. I don't know how much better of a Center he is than a Guard, but he's been dreadful as a Guard.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lucas can play C, they just aren't letting him. I don't know how much better of a Center he is than a Guard, but he's been dreadful as a Guard.
Wait, Cater was bad? How did he stay on the team?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Great thread. Much better than the other one that (tried to) references changes during the mini-bye. The OP in that thread just parroted comments from some guy on NBC Chicago.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Unfortunately I feel the same. Maybe it's PTSD from the Nagy era but anytime they had a huge break the team came out completely flat.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Maybe shake up the defense a bit? I don't see Morrow/Adams/Thomas here next year...so maybe start one of the young dudes and maybe Quan won't find himself being blocked out of plays. I think we're going to have to wait till next year to bolster the interior of the DL.

And Ginny needs to neutralize Mustifurs LOTR powers and convince the coaching staff that he might be viable coming off the bench if the starter is injured for a quarter or 2.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Unfortunately I feel the same. Maybe it's PTSD from the Nagy era but anytime they had a huge break the team came out completely flat.
I think they've come out flat after the bye even in the latter Lovie era. Wasn't it his last year when they went like 7-1 into the bye and then played their way out of the playoffs?? Beat Green Bay...Lovie used to say