Minority Hires & Draft Picks

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Neither do I. All I'm pointing out is these advantages some people have aren't race exclusive.

Serious question...not trolling at all. Do you harbor any frustration towards people in power who don't give diverse candidates a fair shake because it ultimately messes up opportunities for you long term?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Serious question...not trolling at all. Do you harbor any frustration towards people in power who don't give diverse candidates a fair shake because it ultimately messes up opportunities for you long term?
Frustration? I’ve been self employed my whole life. This doesn’t affect me personally in any way whatsoever.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Interviewing is not the same as hiring. No one is more valuable based on skin color. Teams can still interview whoever they want. You’re reaching but A+ for effort.

Sure but that difference has really nothing to do with whether racism exists or not.

Is there a difference in the interview requirements based on race? The answer is obviously yes.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I would point out that most people who get a shot at head coach are from successful organizations. Coaching trees if you will.

If you want to see an "imbalance" of white vs minority candidates the successful orgs are usually the funnel into higher level jobs and promotions in the NFL. Take a look at who they hire. If the successful coaching trees have a majority non-minorities you will get a slew of non-minority candidates and vice versa.

John Fox came from the Broncos after having been fired for 4 consecutive abysmal playoff performances
Mark Trestman came from the Montreal Alouettes
Dick Jauron came from the Lions
Matt Nagy came from the Chiefs after calling plays for 5 total games and 1 wild-card game resulting in a loss that he describes his performance as a "failure in my book"

I think Tanesha redirects interest to other more qualified candidates in 3 of these cases if she were hypothetically a part of the hiring process.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Fox came from the Broncos after having been fired for 4 consecutive abysmal playoff performances
Mark Trestman came from the Montreal Alouettes
Dick Jauron came from the Lions
Matt Nagy came from the Chiefs after calling plays for 5 total games and 1 wild-card game resulting in a loss that he describes his performance as a "failure in my book"

I think Tanesha redirects interest to other more qualified candidates in 3 of these cases if she were hypothetically a part of the hiring process.
You can't say for sure about Tanesha. We don't know much about her football acumen.....

Fox went to the Superbowl as a head coach
Trestman went to the Superbowl as an OC had served under Gruden and won 3 Grey Cups as a head coach, he also consulted for Sean Payton.
Jauron went to the Lions after the Bears. He didn't come from the Lions. He was under the Tom Coughlin tree and did well as the DC for the Jags before coming to the Bears.....

My point stands

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
You can't say for sure about Tanesha. We don't know much about her football acumen.....

Fox went to the Superbowl as a head coach
Trestman went to the Superbowl as an OC had served under Gruden and won 3 Grey Cups as a head coach, he also consulted for Sean Payton.
Jauron went to the Lions after the Bears. He didn't come from the Lions. He was under the Tom Coughlin tree and did well as the DC for the Jags before coming to the Bears.....

My point stands

Actually, it doesn't. None of those coaches come from proven and consistent winners. Maybe you could argue Fox had a pedigree.

Tanesha was a joke...still, I wish she was there cuz she likely would be the smartest person in the room.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, it doesn't. None of those coaches come from proven and consistent winners. Maybe you could argue Fox had a pedigree.

Tanesha was a joke...still, I wish she was there cuz she likely would be the smartest person in the room.
That's how the NFL works...if you win your coaches get promoted...that is precisely what I pointed out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This is what white privilege and the good ole boys network looks like in the NFL. White dude who has not even been a quality control assistant in the NFL much less a position coach or OC getting HC interview for 2nd year in row.

This will come and go and the people that decry the Rooney rule won't say shit about this but then be up in arms when that the Rooney rule exists.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

This is what white privilege and the good ole boys network looks like in the NFL. White dude who has not even been a quality control assistant in the NFL much less a position coach or OC getting HC interview for 2nd year in row.

This will come and go and the people that decry the Rooney rule won't say shit about this but then be up in arms when that the Rooney rule exists.
I like Josh McCown...but I don't see where in his pedigree he's close to HC material.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Texans completed an interview with Josh McCown for their head coaching position today.
:unsure: ?

Ya can't make this up ?

Josh McCown..........

Coaching career​

McCown previously spent time as a volunteer quarterbacks coach for the Marvin Ridge High School Mavericks of Waxhaw, North Carolina.The team's head coach said "He just walked into my office one day and asked if he could help out." In 2010, prior to signing with the Colonials, McCown began helping the Mavericks during the offseason. After the 2010 UFL season ended, McCown spent another offseason volunteering with the Mavericks.

He then left the school upon being signed by the 49ers in August 2011 but returned once the 49ers released him in September 2011everal days after Marvin Ridge lost its playoff game in November 2011,

McCown was signed by the Bears. McCown was released by the Bears in August 2012 and immediately upon arriving home at the airport, McCown went straight to a Marvin Ridge game and joined the team while the game was in progress.Similarly, days after Marvin Ridge lost its playoff game in November 2012,

McCown was again signed by the Bears. McCown also spent time as the scout team quarterback while at Marvin Ridge, with one player saying "I don't think anybody in the country had a better scout-team quarterback."[McCown also cooked pancakes for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes breakfasts on Fridays and spent time teaching gym class at Marvin Ridge.

McCown is assistant coach at Rusk High School in Texas where his sons play. With his 2019 return to the NFL, the Eagles allowed him to fly to Charlotte on Mondays for high school practice and game planning, and then again on Fridays for game days.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
SMH

"McCown was on the Texans’ roster at the end of the 2020 season and has never coached in college or pro football. He has previously coached at the high school level, including coaching quarterbacks for his sons’ team at Myers Park High School in Charlotte, North Carolina."

-NBC Sports

Texans interview Josh
McCown for head
coaching job