CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Because not everyone rates things exactly the same....some attributes may be better for a given franchise. Its also fairly subjective.
run and shoot is also making a very poor example with the NBA. To wit: Steve Nash had zero coaching experience prior to him getting the job in Brooklyn. Meanwhile, guys like Ime Udoka and Wes Unseld Jr who have a lot of experience on NBA benches had to wait another year.

The difference here, is that NBA players have a shit ton of more power in their league compared to the NFL. In the Nash situation, it was Kevin Durant that wanted him. No brainer for the Nets FO at that point.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s the wrong way to do it. Once you assign a different “value” to a person based on skin color it’s racist IMO. The Rooney rule isn’t racist because it’s just making sure you talk to people.
Actually making someone more “valuable” by assigning draft picks to it crosses into racism.

And I hate Cheetos for the record.
I understand what you’re trying to say and I don’t totally disagree. But right now the NFL isn’t giving value to the minority coaches and execs in the same way it is their white coaches and execs.

Hence why in my plan the incentive would be to increase the value of minorities temporarily until the proportion of minority coaches and execs is equal to their white counterparts. Then the incentives would go away.

In no way am I suggesting that minorities be given jobs they aren’t qualified to do.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
There is plenty of awareness on diversity. It is engrained in hiring standards at this point. Promoting it by incentivizing draft picks and such is another example of how diversity is weaponized. Hire the best person for the job, period. The racism/diversity crap is a tiring argument. Whether the Bears hire Daboll (white) or Flores (black)...who gives a shit. Who is going to bring us a Lombardi trophy. Flame away wokesters.

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
That scenario should be examined. I want the guy that can devolope players and win games. Race should not factor in. Agree?
Race shouldn't be a factor. But it has been a factor
Their bringing in a diversity team to be part of the hiring process. Does that sound like their interested in getting the right football people or being pc??? What does a diversity team know about running a NFL football team? Is the diversity team looking out for our team or their own ajenda / interests?
Why bring in the "diversity team"? Because whether you believe it or not, racism is systemic. The Bears are taking the initiative to have their hiring practice evaluated by doing this. This shouldn't upset you.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The following seems very appropriate for this thread, and on today especially:

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Byron Leftwich is the best option if they are going to get someone at the NFL level. White or black

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Race shouldn't be a factor. But it has been a factor

Why bring in the "diversity team"? Because whether you believe it or not, racism is systemic. The Bears are taking the initiative to have their hiring practice evaluated by doing this. This shouldn't upset you.
What upsets me is the diversity team. They know nothing on the subject of football. They do not belong or deserve being part of the process. I don't want PC bullshit factored in at all. Nothing woke ever wins or works out well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What upsets me is the diversity team. They know nothing on the subject of football. They do not belong or deserve being part of the process. I don't want PC bullshit factored in at all. Nothing woke ever wins or works out well.

How do you know that they know nothing about football?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
How do you know that they know nothing about football?
Because they are called a diversity team. Diversity and football are 2 different subjects. Football people should decide football things. Why not bring in a psychic too, or a nurse, maybe a lion tamer. Because they are not football people that is why.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because they are called a diversity team. Diversity and football are 2 different subjects. Football people should decide football things. Why not bring in a psychic too, or a nurse, maybe a lion tamer. Because they are not football people that is why.

By this logic then you should STFU because you aren't in coaching or the NFL. Or is it possible that one can know football without directly being an NFL coach or exec?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think Byron Leftwich is the best option if they are going to get someone at the NFL level. White or black

By this logic then you should STFU because you aren't in coaching or the NFL. Or is it possible that one can know football without directly being an NFL coach or exec?

Did they make me part of the hiring process team? No and you know why? Same reason a diversity has no business being involved. And never use words you don't understand like logic. I don't have to stfu because you don't like my opinion, why don't you go get a job at CNN. You would fit right in. LMFAO

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did they make me part of the hiring process team? No and you know why? Same reason a diversity has no business being involved. And never use words you don't understand like logic. I don't have to stfu because you don't like my opinion, why don't you go get a job at CNN. You would fit right in. LMFAO

They didnt involve you because you are a random nobody upset someone has more say than you do.

You are confused. I said by your logic. Again using your logic, you are basically telling the Diversity team to stfu because you don't like their opinion. Why don't you go get a job at CNN. You would fit right in. LMFAO

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are you under the impression that Tanesha Wade is going to be asking about blocking schemes or zone blitzes?

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Are you under the impression that Tanesha Wade is going to be asking about blocking schemes or zone blitzes?
If she has no questions related to football she has no business being in the room.

Also is everyone missing how this rule could hinder the promotion of minorities? If you can't separate two candidates and one of them will give a pick to another team your not going to pick the minority. Unlikely sure, but entirely possible.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If she has no questions related to football she has no business being in the room.

Also is everyone missing how this rule could hinder the promotion of minorities? If you can't separate two candidates and one of them will give a pick to another team your not going to pick the minority. Unlikely sure, but entirely possible.

That isn't your call to make.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Is Eliot Wolf really good at his job? Or is he riding the coattails of his successful father?

Too bad most minorities working in scouting departments can't us their last name to get ahead like Eliot. Of course, the reason for that is the precise reason why we have the Rooney Rule.

I guarantee some of you in the "I don't care if they hire a white, black, or purple GM" category would bitch to high heaven if you were passed over for a promotion if the job was given to the roommate of the bosses son.