Minority Hires & Draft Picks

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Does anyone know for sure what the NFL does regarding granting draft picks for hiring minority candidates. I thought I read a few months ago
that hiring minorities gave you extra picks. Can't find it now but thought it was as high as a 3rd rounder for coordinators and above.
Anyone know for sure?
Maybe George is planning to use this to recover some picks.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The picks are awarded to the team they are hired from.
That is the way I understand it as well...

I read the recent article on Khan and it mentions the subject of comp picks for minority GM hires.

Schefter: Bears To Interview Steelers' Omar Khan For GM Position - Steelers Depot
https://steelersdepot.com/2022/01/schef ... -position/

"Should Khan be hired be hired as GM of another team, Pittsburgh would receive a third round compensatory pick in the 2022 and 2023 NFL Drafts as part of a recent NFL resolution for minority candidates hired to head coach or executive front office roles."

BigBill

Liked Posts:
Still, McCaskey is a nerdy little mama's boy who will pick the wrong people in order to come across as promoting diversity.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
The picks are awarded to the team they are hired from.
That makes no sense. Where is the incentive for the team to make a minority hire? In fact, it would discourage minority hiring if it's someone in your division and you don't want to see your competitor pick up a third rounder due to your actions.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
That makes no sense. Where is the incentive for the team to make a minority hire? In fact, it would discourage minority hiring if it's someone in your division and you don't want to see your competitor pick up a third rounder due to your actions.
I agree, that's what I was thinking when I got the answer.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
There should be no incentive to hire anyone other then the talent/knowledge they bring.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
that's the way i see it as well, if you are hiring a minority from another team, you are PROMOTING them, giving them a position of increased power they've never had before, why does the other team who had them at a lower level get rewarded? There are a ton of minority asst. coaches in the league now days ...honestly...EFF the comp picks for everything all the way around, the comp pick BS is out of control and being gamed now

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What if the bears promote champ Kelley? Would they get the comp picks?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I disagree. There was a time when that was the case but it's no longer that way. The world has changed.

I'm not gonna go deep into a political thing. But if what you say is true.....why is the NFL down to 1 black HC?
Why do these 'discussions' still have to take place in the NFL, if everything "has changed". And why is it the NBA never has to have these 'discussions'?