Minshew to Eagles

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Foles is one of those players that will have more value the more you hide his shitty QB play

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nick's value got lost after Nagy got ahold of him. I actually think Nick can play and play well in this league with a team that knows how to use him and call plays. Not saying he should be a starter but think he would still be a top backup for a team that knows how to use him.

Knows how to use him as a backup? Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not sure what the source, but Nagy's hate for and unwillingness to coach Trubisky made him delusional enough to think Foles was his guy and all he needed to showcase his play calling ingenuity.

I think Nagy actually believed he is an offensive genius and it was Trubisky's limitations that has always been responsible for not allowing Nagy to be crowned Offensive Mind of the Millennium.

Honestly, I think he still believes that.
It doesn't matter what the topic on this forum, some use every post to bash Nagy even when it has nothing to do with him.Not saying there's no reason for criticism. But to turn every single post into a head coach bashing whinefest is really old.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter what the topic on this forum, some use every post to bash Nagy even when it has nothing to do with him.Not saying there's no reason for criticism. But to turn every single post into a head coach bashing whinefest is really old.
Nagy did push for them to trade for Foles.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
^^^ This.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'd think they'd want a vet there and not have Jake Luton as the only backup.
They probably did and Foles said no. Watch Foles presser from a few weeks ago. He admitted teams were looking to trade for him but he didn’t want to go

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They probably did and Foles said no. Watch Foles presser from a few weeks ago. He admitted teams were looking to trade for him but he didn’t want to go
I forgot they had Beathard. At this point Nagy should trade him to a pal somewhere he doesn't want go and let him retire. They can always trade him back if he shows LOL.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I forgot they had Beathard. At this point Nagy should trade him to a pal somewhere he doesn't want go and let him retire. They can always trade him back if he shows LOL.
I’m sure it’s not that Pace is unwilling to trade him. It’s that other teams don’t want a guy who is unwilling to play for them.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Knows how to use him as a backup? Do you realize how dumb that sounds?
Foles got hot ONE time in his whole career and we got folks thinking he could be used properly?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Probably not, but it gets interesting in the Vet. back up QB market. Has Luton played well enough for Jax to go with him as a backup for Lawrence? Nick has to have some value out there even if its just a salary dump.
Does Jax really need a a good backup QB though. Honestly, only teams that are stacked and have a shot at the big game need a good backup QB that can come in for a game or two.

Jax isn’t doing shit this year.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does Jax really need a a good backup QB though. Honestly, only teams that are stacked and have a shot at the big game need a good backup QB that can come in for a game or two.

Jax isn’t doing shit this year.
Lies. I was told Tebow influenced the locker room while he was there so expect 11 wins min

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure what the source, but Nagy's hate for and unwillingness to coach Trubisky made him delusional enough to think Foles was his guy and all he needed to showcase his play calling ingenuity.

I think Nagy actually believed he is an offensive genius and it was Trubisky's limitations that has always been responsible for not allowing Nagy to be crowned Offensive Mind of the Millennium.

Honestly, I think he still believes that.

I think there is a lot of truth to that.

It sucks, because ever since he got here, we all have been looking for one thing to sum up the issues on offense:

• Is it Mitch/the QB?
  • Is it Nagy?
  • Is it the Offensive Line (Pace)?

Well, the answer to all 3 is YES. There is no easy answer here.

However, we did finally address the quarterback position, and it looks like we got a good one. On the offensive line, the tackles are worrisome, but at least the interior is looking better than last year - however there is still work to be done.

That leaves the coach.

And I will never forget what Sage Rosenfels said calling a game in Nagy - Year 1, in the 3rd quarter about half to 3/4 the year in.

Paraphrasing:

"There doesn't appear to be a rhythm or purpose to the play calling here from what I can see in the Matt Nagy offense. What I have seen so far is just a collection of plays."

And that sums up the issue with Nagy - its all just a collection of play designs, but I don't think he really understands the essence of an offense, or how to attack a defense with it.

The Bears have more than triple the packages than most NFL offenses have (ever wonder why so many time outs and delay of games?), which gives their quarterback precious little time to survey the field.

In short, its a bad, overstuffed, broken offense.

The thing fans need to realize though, its not the issue of the plays. Many of the plays are in other NFL offensive playbooks (under different verbiage) and work just fine.

The issue is with the overstuffed playbook and play caller.

You can't outscheme everyone at every time. Sometimes, you just need to say "My guys are better than your guys in this one matchup, and we are going to mercilessly attack it until you stop it. We know its coming. You know its coming. We dare you to stop it."

Nagy just doesn't have that.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I think there is a lot of truth to that.

It sucks, because ever since he got here, we all have been looking for one thing to sum up the issues on offense:

• Is it Mitch/the QB?
  • Is it Nagy?
  • Is it the Offensive Line (Pace)?

Well, the answer to all 3 is YES. There is no easy answer here.

However, we did finally address the quarterback position, and it looks like we got a good one. On the offensive line, the tackles are worrisome, but at least the interior is looking better than last year - however there is still work to be done.

That leaves the coach.

And I will never forget what Sage Rosenfels said calling a game in Nagy - Year 1, in the 3rd quarter about half to 3/4 the year in.

Paraphrasing:

"There doesn't appear to be a rhythm or purpose to the play calling here from what I can see in the Matt Nagy offense. What I have seen so far is just a collection of plays."

And that sums up the issue with Nagy - its all just a collection of play designs, but I don't think he really understands the essence of an offense, or how to attack a defense with it.

The Bears have more than triple the packages than most NFL offenses have (ever wonder why so many time outs and delay of games?), which gives their quarterback precious little time to survey the field.

In short, its a bad, overstuffed, broken offense.

The thing fans need to realize though, its not the issue of the plays. Many of the plays are in other NFL offensive playbooks (under different verbiage) and work just fine.

The issue is with the overstuffed playbook and play caller.

You can't outscheme everyone at every time. Sometimes, you just need to say "My guys are better than your guys in this one matchup, and we are going to mercilessly attack it until you stop it. We know its coming. You know its coming. We dare you to stop it."

Nagy just doesn't have that.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles might still get cut to open a roster spot and the Bears might still get a late round pick for him. It's a waiting game.