mistake letting Cornelius Washington leave?

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/...a-mistake-letting-cornelius-washington-leave/

On a per-snap basis, Washington was a more productive and consistent pass-rusher statistically than household names at his position like Calais Campbell, Jurrell Casey, Mike Daniels and even Akiem Hicks, who all did not generate pressure on pass-rushing snaps as frequently as Washington in 2016.

This wasn’t just a short stretch of production. It was 15 games of consistent pass-rushing for Washington, who was finally able to stay healthy and build off of what he has flashed throughout his career.

Now, this ascending young player is a Lion, and the Bears may have made a mistake letting him get away and go to a division rival that signed him to an inexpensive contract.

Anyone else upset about this?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I'm tired of people using PFF as though it is in anyway an accurate tool to assess a player. Washington is a low level rotational player. I trust Fangio's opinion far more then some amateur website with dubious methods.

Reactions: DC

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Looooooooool, rofl, ummm nooooo!

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
It gave me pause at first because of his elite athletic ability. If he finally puts it together he's a guy who really has no ceiling.

However, he did get paid a lot and I ultimately I trust Fox and Fangio.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Mistake? No, he had a lot of trouble staying healthy. We are a team looking to the future, and shouldnt be in the business of resigning players that have trouble getting on the field.

I wish him well in his career and all, and was excited for his potential while he was here, but it isnt a mistake to let a depth player with injury troubles try his luck elsewhere.

Reactions: DC

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Meh. Backup rotation guy that was constantly injured. He flashed on occasion, but was never consistent when he was in there. I would have been fine keeping him around for cheap (2.3 and 3.5 mil cap hit over the next two seasons really isn't for that guy), but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

And yeah, PFF is complete shit and any mention of it -- or articles using it to prove a point -- should be stricken from the CCS record. I thought we'd sorted that out quite some time ago?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have always been a CornWash fan and kept waiting for him to stay healthy enough to get some consistent minutes on the filed which he never did until last year and he did show some good things but i don't think he'll ever be worth more than any other backup d-lineman that you can find every off season. I would of rather he stayed but i'm not mad that he left.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Per snap, White was pretty good too.

AussieBear

perhaps it was washingtons mistake to leave... cant force ppl to stay

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
By the time Cornelius Washington got a chance he would be about 30 years old and still considered a project. He's probably going to want a chance to be a starter, that he wouldn't get with Willie Young, Pernell McPhee and Leonard Floyd on the roster.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
By the time Cornelius Washington got a chance he would be about 30 years old and still considered a project. He's probably going to want a chance to be a starter, that he wouldn't get with Willie Young, Pernell McPhee and Leonard Floyd on the roster.

Ummm...he wasn't competing with any of those guys. You know, different position and all...

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Corn Wash had trouble staying healthy....looked like he was over that.....but I guess that Pace thought otherwise....

oh well....now we're even with Detroit for the Willie Young pick up.....?!