CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Cian

@Cianaf

·
1h

The threat of a collapse is always lingering with Trubisky but through two games it's hard to craft any argument for the Bears benching him.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cian
@Cianaf

·
1h

The threat of a collapse is always lingering with Trubisky but through two games it's hard to craft any argument for the Bears benching him.
I know, its 1/2 amazing, 1/4 him loosing confidence and forcing passes, and 1/4 WTF is Nagy calling... Run the damn ball.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
This matches what I've been seeing.

We'll see what happens when its a more even schedule of games than the Lions and the Giants but right now I am cautiously optimistic about Mitch actually becoming a better QB.

Good enough to not need to be replaced this offseason? That remains to be seen

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
I'd feel way better about all this if it was against better teams, but Mitch can't help the schedule. He has played much better than most of 2019 (Lions, Cowboys games being the only exceptions).

He was absolutely not the issue yesterday for the offense. I'd blame Robinson, Miller, and Nagy way before Mitch for yesterday's point total

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd feel way better about all this if it was against better teams, but Mitch can't help the schedule. He has played much better than most of 2019 (Lions, Cowboys games being the only exceptions).

He was absolutely not the issue yesterday for the offense. I'd blame Robinson, Miller, and Nagy way before Mitch for yesterday's point total
While the Bears haven't beat any good teams, you have to think that these wins will help Mitch's confidence. He had some nice plays yesterday. The two TD throws to Monty and Mooney were great Mitch plays. On the run, scrambling in the pocket, going through his reads and finding the open guy. We need more of that! Hopefully, Trubisky can build some momentum from these games.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
While the Bears haven't beat any good teams, you have to think that these wins will help Mitch's confidence. He had some nice plays yesterday. The two TD throws to Monty and Mooney were great Mitch plays. On the run, scrambling in the pocket, going through his reads and finding the open guy. We need more of that! Hopefully, Trubisky can build some momentum from these games.

Agreed! Both those plays were excellent and he's athletic enough that they shouldn't be so rare. He's much better when he's moving I think too

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

Exactly its a big deal for developing a young QB. You have to set these guys up to have success from day 1 to build their confidence

Bears completely botched that with Trubisky

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh. As a Bears fan it's nice to get some positive press, but it's a bit premature in my opinion. The biggest improvement the Bears have had is in the offensive line and the running game. Mitch is a bit better, but he's still not seeing the whole field. Let's keep the trend going, but there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Atlanta secondary has been the worst the last two weeks. The QB in Nagy is not going to be able to resist putting the ball in the air 40+ times next Sunday. Could be a "make or break" game for DSM.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Confidence creates its own momentum. Mitch needs to stop being a bitch and bootstrap himself out of mole-eyed mode.

Thanks.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Cian
@Cianaf

·
1h

I really like how he is up to 60% of passes beyond the sticks, compared to 44% in previous seasons. Spread the field and it becomes easier to find an open receiver.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
George needs to call in some favors and have the schedule changed to something like this...

DET
@DET
DET
@DET
DET
@DET
DET
@DET
~bye~
DET
@DET
DET
@DET
DET
@DET
DET
@DET
Would it be spossible for us to play detroit three times on the way to a superbowl victory?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Atlanta secondary has been the worst the last two weeks. The QB in Nagy is not going to be able to resist putting the ball in the air 40+ times next Sunday. Could be a "make or break" game for DSM.
The funny thing is I actually think that’s going to be a bigger game for Nagy the playcaller than it will be for Mitch. We have an advantage going in. Atlanta is on the brink of implosion and they have probably the worst secondary in football BUT throwing it 40 times a game = more possessions for Ryan, Jones, and Ridley. The key is keeping those 3 off of the field. If Nagy goes in and throws it 40 times and justifies it by saying he’s going against a bad secondary bears will leave Atlanta 2-1.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Mitch will look terrible against elite Pass rushers. Our O line is incapable of shutting down elite pass rushers and Mitch is most comfortable dropping back or moving out of the pocket to buy time. Leno and Massie are not great pass blockers. Leno is a 4 second guy and seems to have fallen off a cliff the last 2 years, in reality though we called plays to protect the QB from the bad O line. Perhaps we are asking too much from a 6th round pick. He has been serviceable and solid for where he was drafted and has outperformed many players picked higher than him. The flaws still remain and I can't see the Bears keeping him going into next year if they want to open things up on offense. Not only does he get beat but he gives up lots of space going backwards when he doesn't collapsing the pocket and forcing the RT to outperform in pass rush situations. A recipe for disaster sometimes.

Thank god we drafted a TE and picked up Graham. I can see them getting more and more involved as the season progresses both in the run game and in passing situations. Kmet ran a great route and showed some really solid athleticism against a Nickel on his catch. It was impressive for being his only catch.

The next step is hitting a homerun at LT in the draft so you can run through every hole on the offense with confidence and set up a powerful pocket to pass from moving forward... you will see a distinct difference if Mitch consistently gets a clean pocket for 4 seconds.

Clean pocket meaning, he stands back there for 4 seconds and doesn't feel pressure before that to move or adjust in the pocket.