Mitch On Time With Bears

msadows

Liked Posts:
You also said a thousand other things with Mitch and his future.

Him playing another year in Nagys system was never a possibility. Re-read the Athletic piece by Jahns. Nagy thought Mitch was a tard and there was zero reason for Mitch to want to play another year in a system he knows doesn't work and under a coach who wouldn't even take his feedback on how to make it work.

I'm well aware of that article, and I know that.

Just saying, if this were a redo keeping mitch over signing dalton for 10m/yr is 100% the right move. There wasn't anyone else for us to get

If mitch fails you lose nothing, if he plays decent you can trade him. Never really got the Dalton move outside the fact that Nagy was desperate to save his job.

Keeping mitch and drafting a QB high was always an option. Seemed like nagy was just a stuck up cunt.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Wasn’t his fault he was over-drafted. Wasn’t his fault his ‘offensive guru’ coach is a fraud and a con artist who couldn’t find success with Brady under center.

Probably a very good career back up who always seemed to lay it all out during his time with the Bears.

I never understood the hate Mitch got from a lot of fans.
Really???

Look at the hate by the people posting here towards a coaching staff that hasn't even played a single down yet. Bears fans fucking suck. The worst thing about being a Bears fan is having to deal with all the fellow douchebag fans and their 24-7 crying.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No way was he resigning here when Nagy was still around. Good for him.

That isn’t meant to imply I think Mitch is a great QB, just that it’s hard to truly gauge anyones potential who played for him. His ignorance was truly amazing and obvious to anyone who watched those games.
I hear you. This whole situation felt really odd over the past few years. Of all of the mistakes Pace has made, sticking with Nagy is 2021 might have been his worst one yet. Either he was willfully ignorant to what was happening with his own team under Nagy or he really was dumber than everyone thought.

Just saying, if this were a redo keeping mitch over signing dalton for 10m/yr is 100% the right move. There wasn't anyone else for us to get

If mitch fails you lose nothing, if he plays decent you can trade him. Never really got the Dalton move outside the fact that Nagy was desperate to save his job.

Keeping mitch and drafting a QB high was always an option. Seemed like nagy was just a stuck up cunt.
Not sure what universe this is in but i dont understand any of the logic going on here. You're assuming they'd get a pick for a guy if he played decent, something he often did not do. I also don't see a scenario where they trade Mitch even if they could. That leaves you with only Fields and Foles. The rookie QB constantly getting pummeled and the 3rd stringer who is in the doghouse. A break glass in case of emergency type.

Sounds like an awful situation to put Mitch in. Spend another year on a team where the HC doesn't want you, the fans dont want you and you get to hear the chants for the backup QB who everyone instantly fell in love with, brining back memories of you getting booed at Bulls games before your first snap.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That dude's voice makes me just want to start randomly punching people.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
When I read literally any post by @Leomaz that's literally exactly the sound of the voice I attribute to his postings.
Can’t get me outta your mind? Good to hear.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I hear you. This whole situation felt really odd over the past few years. Of all of the mistakes Pace has made, sticking with Nagy is 2021 might have been his worst one yet. Either he was willfully ignorant to what was happening with his own team under Nagy or he really was dumber than everyone thought.
One of Pace's biggest faults was falling in love with his guys. Whether a draft pick he had to trade up for, a free agent he overpaid, or a coach he stuck with when his flaws were obvious.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don’t know. I’m not sure,” Trubisky said. “It doesn’t necessarily bring me peace because I’m not where I want to be yet as a player. And I just believe it was kind of just part of my journey, to where my career is gonna go. So I haven’t really thought about it too much, honestly.”

He also noted that things may have been happening “behind the scenes” when Nagy was coach the public may not have been privy to.

“But I think that’s just something people realize with time,” he continued. “It’s never exactly how it seems, right? Like there’s a lot of things that go on behind the scenes, that people don’t know or people don’t see. So to hear those apologies, I didn’t really know what to think of it, besides it was … it was a little too late. Like it was already over for me. It’s already in the past. So there’s really no point for me to think about it or stress about"

Allow me to translate: "I was a dummy back then, and I think, Imma still a dummy now."

We were all behind you and it didn't work out. We do place a lot of blame on Nagy, for the record and what it's worth...but you suck and you couldn't hit the broadside of the barn often enough to be a bottom 1/3 QB. Best of luck, garbage can.

BigBill

Liked Posts:
At the very minimum...Mitch could possibly be the best backup QB in the league.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
One of Pace's biggest faults was falling in love with his guys. Whether a draft pick he had to trade up for, a free agent he overpaid, or a coach he stuck with when his flaws were obvious.
For me, it's all about 2nd contracts. He didn't give one to Mitch, White, Shaheen or Floyd and that's good. But, it's what he gave up for those draft picks that sealed his fate. The first and second rounders we gave away . But you know, after just reviewing a slide show of all his picks Would have been cooler with career stats look at the 6th and 7th round of last year. Can you imagine if all those players continue to progress and turn into something. Wow, what a treasure trove!

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
At the very minimum...Mitch could possibly be the best backup QB in the league.
Mitch will happily milk this for as long as possible. But, like every QB you see battle and scrape together a career, I hope he goes on a hot streak and wins a Super Bowl, however improbable it may be. He's a Chicago Bear afterall. But, I wouldn't bet on it.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
There are only about 20 guys in the world that should be starting QBs in the nfl and sadly he isn't one of them no hard feelings for me just move on

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

If they would of kept Mitch, the price would of been far too much for what he would have been worth. They declined his 5th year option because it would have been 24 mil. About 22 mil too much.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I will continue to say it, Mitch will be successful with another team just like Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill were later in their careers.

Highly athletic QB's who through experience and coaching, gain the acumen to play at a higher level.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I will continue to say it, Mitch will be successful with another team just like Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill were later in their careers.

Highly athletic QB's who through experience and coaching, gain the acumen to play at a higher level.
the majority of his career thus far he's had subpar coaching. it's honestly inexcusable how many quarterbacks this team has wasted for many years.

twetz

Liked Posts:
the majority of his career thus far he's had subpar coaching. it's honestly inexcusable how many quarterbacks this team has wasted for many years.
I have to say, I'm curious to see where his landing spot will be. It's not like the free agent QB pool is full. I suppose Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariotta would be the only ones clearly looked at before him. Bridgewater and Dalton left behind fired coaches.

DeathByBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No offensive player could succeed with Nagy as his coach. This team made zero adjustments. Week one to week 16 was the same thing. Same plays, same scheme, same problems. Year after year. Nothing was fixed, nothing was changed. Trubisky went downhill because he never evolved, he never got better. He kept running the same plays over and over again, going through the same progressions, never adjusted his tells because the coaching staff didn't even notice them while defenses did. It was a total mess.

Was he drafted way higher than he should have been? Absolutely, but that's a front office problem. Not a player problem.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Hope he learned alot from Chase Daniel while he was here because thats Mitch's career path.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
He will be GB's next HOF QB. Why? Because were Bear fans and deserve to live in hell.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
No offensive player could succeed with Nagy as his coach. This team made zero adjustments. Week one to week 16 was the same thing. Same plays, same scheme, same problems. Year after year. Nothing was fixed, nothing was changed. Trubisky went downhill because he never evolved, he never got better. He kept running the same plays over and over again, going through the same progressions, never adjusted his tells because the coaching staff didn't even notice them while defenses did. It was a total mess.

Was he drafted way higher than he should have been? Absolutely, but that's a front office problem. Not a player problem.
Not to mention Nagy was a petty bitch who held grudges against Robinson and Foles….

Liked Posts:
Top(Michael Ginsberg): ChiCitySports Bears Forum every damn day
Bottom(Don Draper): Mitch Trubisky

F0F4B8AD-D919-4F51-B98B-30B9BA4C0B8D.png