Mitch said they forced him to play Nagy ball in Chicago

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It's weird but remember the first year under Nagy (and maybe the second year too) when the first 10-15 plays were scripted and the offense was actually average? Then after that it was terrible.

I wonder why it seemed to switch? Maybe teams figured out the hook and curl routes after the first two seasons lol

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's weird but remember the first year under Nagy (and maybe the second year too) when the first 10-15 plays were scripted and the offense was actually average? Then after that it was terrible.

I wonder why it seemed to switch? Maybe teams figured out the hook and curl routes after the first two seasons lol

Pretty much.

The analogy I am fond of using, is, Imagine the Offensive system Reid teaches/coaches is a math class and he's the professor. All the offensive coaches under him are his students, "learning the math." Some learn it just enough to do the problem, others actually learn how it works and WHY they get the answers they get, which allows them to figure out just about ANY problem because they understand the concept.

Then you have Nagy, who's the one kid who slacks off every year and skates by, by finding someone who took the class before and copying the answers to the test questions for the easy A, while actually understanding NOTHING about the class.

He's fine so long as the problems he faces are from those tests he memorized.

But second they deviate from those tests - he's fucked.

Basically Nagy learned and copied the plays, but had no fucking clue how to use them, how to adapt your talent to them, and got exposed as essentially "cheating on the test" to get hired as a HC. THAT is the level of incompetency we were dealing with.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty much.

The analogy I am fond of using, is, Imagine the Offensive system Reid teaches/coaches is a math class and he's the professor. All the offensive coaches under him are his students, "learning the math." Some learn it just enough to do the problem, others actually learn how it works and WHY they get the answers they get, which allows them to figure out just about ANY problem because they understand the concept.

Then you have Nagy, who's the one kid who slacks off every year and skates by, by finding someone who took the class before and copying the answers to the test questions for the easy A, while actually understanding NOTHING about the class.

Basically Nagy learned and copied the plays, but had no fucking clue how to use them, how to adapt your talent to them, and got exposed as essentially "cheating on the test" to get hired as a HC. THAT is the level of incompetency we were dealing with.

lol this analogy

@gpphat this guy needs halp stat

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Pretty much.

You sure say a lot of words about something you know so little about

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
YOU DELETED ALL THE POSTS WHERE YOU ENDORSED HIM FULLY, AFTER YOUR TAKE WAS OFFICIALLY EXPOSED AS HORRIBLE, JUST LIKE YOU DO WITH MOST OF YOUR TAKES LIKE THE ONE @BEARZOMBIE FOUND LOL
YOURE ON IGNORE ON IGNORE AND HIS BIO SAYS PEOPLE ON IGNORE STILL WANT TO TALK TO HIM. ANOTHER PERFECT BLACK RAINBOW PREDICTION

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
he doesn't watch the games, but he does put in a lot of work making up analogies that apparently he likes to often use...
This guy actually admitted to not watching the games of the best player in the NFL. A team that has been either in a SB or on the doorstep of one for the last 4 years. But here's an analogy(that i didnt read) featuring them.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I lost interest in the analogy as soon as he said imagine.

Too long winded and overly detailed. 0.5 out of 17
I'm surprised he didn't include the footnotes for his analogy he often uses.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This was obvious to anyone who watched the games, and Nagy did the same damn thing to Fields in '21.

I'm glad Mitch gets a taste of a competently run team in the Tomlin Steelers, but I suspect without a clown at coach his lack of QB ability is going to be a glaring and obvious ceiling on the PIT offense. Wish him well, but glad hes not a Bear.
Fields made a comment in one of the recent TC interviews about being able to go out there and be himself / play his game. Not the exact quote, but that was the gist of it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There’s certainly some truth to what Mitch is saying (and has been saying, and has been saying, and has been saying), but if the dude continues to ride pine because of his lack of talent, at some point he needs to shut the fuck up.

He wasn’t good enough. He isn’t good enough. Maybe he’ll realize that around his 5th or 6th team.

mecha

Liked Posts:
There’s certainly some truth to what Mitch is saying (and has been saying, and has been saying, and has been saying), but if the dude continues to ride pine because of his lack of talent, at some point he needs to shut the fuck up.

He wasn’t good enough. He isn’t good enough. Maybe he’ll realize that around his 5th or 6th team.
he'll be the new Josh McCown and make a lot of money then. or maybe more accurately, the new Chase Daniel.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
he'll be the new Josh McCown and make a lot of money then. or maybe more accurately, the new Chase Daniel.
He very well could, and if he does, that won't mean the Bears mistakenly let some great talent walk. At some point, he's going to need to understand that the reason things didn't work out isn't because Nagy sucks (although he does). It's because Trubisky just wasn't good enough.

You didn't see Josh McCown and Chase Daniel going out and blaming past coaches for their starting struggles