Mitchell Trubisky's Turnaround

msadows

Liked Posts:
There is not much options in free agency. Mitch is the top guy. His competition is guys like Cam Newton. Some team will offer him 20 million year

Not sure about 20m, but I've come around to the fact he's def getting in the mid teens. 20m wouldn't shock me tho.

Outside of dak(Who dallas wont let walk), there is zero talent in FA at the QB position. Mitch is the only "unknown", yes, we know he sucks, but he's the only young qb who has shown flashes who is available unless you think Winston is the answer(lol no).

My guess is he gets 15-18m. If I were the bears I'd offer him a 2 year 32m deal, with all the guarantees frontloaded in the first year. If he plays well, so be it, thats a good problem to have. If he doesn't, you blow everything up after 2021. Pace/Nagy/Trubs/Foles bye bye.

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Here's the WRs I'd take over Arob (and I like Arob):

(in no particular order)
1. Deandre Hopkins
2.Michael Thomas
3. Stefon Diggs
4. Kenny Golladay
5. Keenan Allen
6. Courtland Sutton
7. Amari Cooper
8. Tyreek Hill
9. Davante Adams
10. Julio Jones
11. Chris Goodwin
12. DK Metcalf
13. OBJ
14. Antonio Brown (without being a headcase, if that counts lol)

So, uh, I guess I'd rank him around 15-17th.

like I always say. Robinson is a decent WR2 at best. Nothing more. I also would take Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp over Robinson anyday over the ones you mentioned already. Hes not a top 20 WR

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
like I always say. Robinson is a decent WR2 at best. Nothing more. I also would take Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp over Robinson anyday over the ones you mentioned already. Hes not a top 20 WR

Woods and Kupp, lol.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best option is tag Mitch because it's only a year. Sucks we have to do this but I don't see other options other than a losing season or getting very lucky in the draft. With pace and Nagy's jobs on the line next year, i think they'll try and stack the deck as best they can. They just better try and also secure a guy like Newman or Ridder in the draft.

As for Mitch, he's a good 1/2 field QB that still doesn't see under coverages or beyond the defender on his target and a poor risk/reward evaluator. I think he might actually be viable if he could get out of his own head. He'll make a few bonehead throws but those missed lobs bug me more because he has the ability to make those if he just lets it go without trying so hard to not miss, LOL. Kids head is an issue. I don't mind picks (not in the end zone please) if he makes enough plays. He has made enough the last few weeks but those misses will be a loss next week. If he makes those, we have a chance.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Stopped reading when they said Robinson isn’ta star receiver lol what? He accounts for like 78% or some ridiculous number of our passing yards

He's what the Bears often try to pass off as a super star. I said it when he was held up as proof they were trying to help Trubbles. He's good, he's not a great. And that was him as a rookie, he didn't even flash in the pan, he's just good but can't make it to great.
He's basically Moose. And that's the closest thing you'll probably ever see the Bears come to getting a star FA WR. Then they won't pay them so they'll walk and people won't mind because they do enough wrong. They're our star while they're here, then when they leave they're bums.
If there will ever be a star WR on the Bears it will be a Jefferieses or White draft pick, or we'll luck out with a low round pick one of these days.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
"decent" WR2s dont catch 100 passes with two of the worst starting QBs in the league throwing them the ball.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
he's just good but can't make it to great.
He's basically Moose.
What is your definition of great? Lol Muhammad had one great year in Carolina..

Robinson is QB proof. He’s on pace for a 1,300 yard season. He’s 27 and keeps being better. Y’all are nuts.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

(in no particular order)
1. Deandre Hopkins
2.Michael Thomas
3. Stefon Diggs
4. Kenny Golladay
5. Keenan Allen
6. Courtland Sutton
7. Amari Cooper
8. Tyreek Hill
9. Davante Adams
10. Julio Jones
11. Chris Goodwin
12. DK Metcalf
13. OBJ

Your list sucks lol

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
imo Robinson is not a top ten receiver.....he is a workhorse on this team, but he doesn't have the catching capability of a top ten receiver......

That being said he is a number one but probably somewhere between 15 and 20th best receiver....

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could also argue that a better quarterback makes better throws. The touchdown “drop” was out of bounds. The second was at his feet.

Robinson is definitely a top 10 receiver in the nfl, come on man.

edit: I usually do too he lost me on this one
There looked to be a lot of separation by Robinson on the end zone throw, enough where the ball could be delivered without him having to leave the ground ?

Perspective

Liked Posts:

(in no particular order)
1. Deandre Hopkins
2.Michael Thomas
3. Stefon Diggs
4. Kenny Golladay
5. Keenan Allen
6. Courtland Sutton
7. Amari Cooper
8. Tyreek Hill
9. Davante Adams
10. Julio Jones
11. Chris Goodwin
12. DK Metcalf
13. OBJ

AJ. Brown
Ceedee Lamb
Jefferson
Thielen
Tee Higgins
Calvin Ridley
Mike Evans
Will Fuller
Devante Parker
Jerry Jeudy
DJ Chark

CubandBear

Liked Posts:
If it's still unclear after 4 seasons...the answer is 'no.'
He has had an inexperienced start briefly, in College, and he is in the process of progression. He is still progressing. Are you looking for Drew Brees? Bears passed him up. they had their future in Cade Freakin McNown! Schidt fer brains Pace was looking for Drew Brees, and that is why he didn't pick Mahomes! (Trubisky is white).
Looking for an Aaron Rodgers? Catch my gist by now? Trubisky is worth the gamble, and would probably be inexpensive. (Short term contract)

I had a hunch that he would come back better after sitting for a while. If the Bears get rid of him, he could come back to haunt them. He needs another year. One year contract or schidtcan em!

CubandBear

Liked Posts:
.........HOLD ON!....that red zone, hail Mary interception he threw, may show retardation in poor Mitch!...Better get rid of him!

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
What is your definition of great? Lol Muhammad had one great year in Carolina..

Robinson is QB proof. He’s on pace for a 1,300 yard season. He’s 27 and keeps being better. Y’all are nuts.

reading the Robinson criticism hurts my brain.

theQB play had been bad. The Playcalling is definitely worst in the league for 3 years. Defense carried in 18, 19 was a Nagy shit show, 20 is a mixed bag of shit offensively.

He’s not perfect but he’s a 1500 yard guy 10TD guy on about any other team minus the jets and jags.

jts1207

Liked Posts:

This is absolute garbage. If it weren't for AR moped would have been Haskinsed already. He's a top 15 WR and probably top 10 with a QB.