Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Late June start with realigned divisions:

I actually like this idea. Ash can the DH and you finally have a MLB format that is equal. Play 8 vs everyone in your conference and 4 vs everyone else....152 games with a huge cut back in travel.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont understand why they want to do it in the home ballparks. What are they gonna do have people sit 6 feet away from eachother, thats what 2 empty seats. Do that to sell 12,000 tickets for 1000 each?

Makes sense to use the spring training facilities, quarantine, and let everyone watch on TV.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Atlanta being in the central rather than pittsburgh seems super fucking odd.

Especially with the FL teams already in the east

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Man, that central division would be pretty tough

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Anyone else watch the Korean baseball organization on ESPN. Play by play by webcam, (that for some reason stayed on screen all the time) no fans, crowd noise piped in, quite a few MLB players there. They say they will be airing 6 days a week just to get some live baseball.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So we should know by Wednesday?

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dont know if the players will approve that..

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont know if the players will approve that..
Just about to post this... Word is, players and salaries in the diminished 82 game season are being hashed out. Owners are not going to pay full season ride, players are balking a bit.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just about to post this... Word is, players and salaries in the diminished 82 game season are being hashed out. Owners are not going to pay full season ride, players are balking a bit.
Players balking are the guys who have made a lot of money or still do. They aren’t thinking about the pre arbitration guys that don’t have the money for this. Teams are going to be financially strapped. This isn’t like basketball that played over 75% of the games or football that was in the off season. They are going to have to give to help the new generation

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Players balking are the guys who have made a lot of money or still do. They aren’t thinking about the pre arbitration guys that don’t have the money for this. Teams are going to be financially strapped. This isn’t like basketball that played over 75% of the games or football that was in the off season. They are going to have to give to help the new generation

Fat chance of that. MLB players are probably the greediest of all the major sports.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Sounds like MLB could use a stimulus check.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with this. Im not fully on board about the article but Tex makes a great point. Man, the world needs it and you arent thinking about a lot of younger players IMO. I could understand the health risk if you werent going to get the best healthcare in this country. People are going to have to go back to work at some point for pennies on the dollar compared to even arbitration guys. You want to tell the public that you dont to risk cause you got millions in the bank. They dont play. Baseball will die for a good 5 years.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So if they go full time DH who gets the lionshare? I am guessing Steven Souza Jr. Post injury to keep his bat in there.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
biggest two face on this was Pritzker chastising the players who are supposedly fighting over pay over this. A governor who said sports will not start here again with out his approval, and saying the people "deserve their past time". ESPN noted the average Major league salary is 4.4 million, Pritzker is worth 3.4 billion. Last chicago update is restaurants might be able to open for limited people on June 26th.

The Arizona approval for sports is with no fans, the owners want to play with no fans in their stadiums to get the advertising dollars on their million dollar broadcasts. I still say the million dollar broadcasts still exist wherever they play, in spring training facilities or home parks.