MLB discussing return in June with realinged league

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Who is on the Cubs again? Totally forgot.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I was reading part of the rules if Hockey were to return is that players would be required to use full face shields, and spitting will not be allowed.

How can they play baseball without spitting?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The other part of this is free agency control. Scrap the season, no service time, or are potential free agents still free agents after a year off? You would think these owners would prefer to keep control of their free agents instead of losing them after half a season. I guess you can look at it as lose yours and get someone elses, but are the contracts all staying the same with no baseball or 80 games?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
• No spitting, using smokeless tobacco and sunflower seeds in restricted areas.

This isn't even baseball anymore!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
• No spitting, using smokeless tobacco and sunflower seeds in restricted areas.

This isn't even baseball anymore!

Next, they won't be allowed to spank each others asses and grab their junk to readjust.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
MLB better get their shit together. Basketball is going to return and NCAA gave the go ahead for voluntary activities.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
MLB better get their shit together. Basketball is going to return and NCAA gave the go ahead for voluntary activities.

Some of those soccer teams around other countries are already saying that multiple players have already contracted the virus. The players coming from outside the country have to quarantine 14 days. I saw one ESPN ticker saying a team had 8 cases.

It was something how the NBA were said to have been the leaders in stopping play, but we are just going on to learn that nobody really knows what is happening with this yet. Larry Nance Jr was quoted as saying he is not ready to play and is still afraid of getting the virus.

As soon as the barber shops open, the numbers will go up again. When the big offices downtowns open, there will be another bump. Some offices have 50-100 or more people on a floor, 3000 in a building. If they cannot get 60 men together outside, I have no idea how these offices will ever open again. Seems like these multi millionaires are too good to try it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
what a mess. League promises prorated salaries in March, then do progressive tax on the higher paid players.
Remember when Marian Hossa quit hockey. He was dealing with his skin condition for every year he played since midget hockey, but when his salary was going from 6 million to 1 million, it was not enough to deal with it.

They need to forget about this year before they get to a point of no return and lockouts and strikes.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
what a mess. League promises prorated salaries in March, then do progressive tax on the higher paid players.
Remember when Marian Hossa quit hockey. He was dealing with his skin condition for every year he played since midget hockey, but when his salary was going from 6 million to 1 million, it was not enough to deal with it.

They need to forget about this year before they get to a point of no return and lockouts and strikes.
Lol. If they don't play this year everyone knows it was simply a lockout due to disagreement between players and owners. They either play or it looks really bad on all of them and hurts the sport in a big way

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol. If they don't play this year everyone knows it was simply a lockout due to disagreement between players and owners. They either play or it looks really bad on all of them and hurts the sport in a big way

I doubt it. They've pulled this shit before and everyone waits with bated breath till they get tired of counting their money and return to playing .....btw, that includes both sides. I didn't miss it much back in 94, won't miss it much this time either. They can all kiss my quarantined ass.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I doubt it. They've pulled this shit before and everyone waits with bated breath till they get tired of counting their money and return to playing .....btw, that includes both sides. I didn't miss it much back in 94, won't miss it much this time either. They can all kiss my quarantined ass.
The lockout in 94 hurt baseball a lot. The home run races in 98 and after helped bring some people back

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
114 games in 3 months?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am just waiting for the next domino to fall. What will it be, owners saying that if a player decides to opt out that they have the right to terminate their contract? Did not hear about the players opting out giving up their paychecks.

Maybe this is what it is going to take to end the 40 million dollar contract talks of being the new normal. All its going to take is the Owners to agree to stop bidding wars.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I am just waiting for the next domino to fall. What will it be, owners saying that if a player decides to opt out that they have the right to terminate their contract? Did not hear about the players opting out giving up their paychecks.

Maybe this is what it is going to take to end the 40 million dollar contract talks of being the new normal. All its going to take is the Owners to agree to stop bidding wars.

Forgot who had it, but there was a report that some owners were fine with cancelling the season.