MLB discussing return in June with realinged league

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Forgot who had it, but there was a report that some owners were fine with cancelling the season.

I would think the majority would be. Full season gone means one loss, not multiplying losses for games with no fans.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So they'd get 25% then essentually?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So they'd get 25% then essentually?
Probably around 33%. It seems the owners want to guarantee a playoffs cause of the money received. This is why they want the shorter season so if another wave comes back they dont shut down before playoffs are over

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
they are about to get short enough to pretty much have the kids little league world series format.
50 games would basically have to be all divisional play, maybe one other division with a home and away series to make it fair to have division winners. Gotta play the same sets of teams in the same conditions to be fair. This is why neutral sites make more sense to eliminate the home and away deals.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
KBO seems fine, no fans, just TV money, guess its not enough for the greed. So KB ends up with only one more year being stuck here, at least Arbitration numbers should stay the same? Thanks for the memories Jon Lester. Still think the owners need to vote on service time and if they might get some mulligans and allow some guys to get closer to the contracts end.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Its bells and whistles. Its turns out to be 33% of their pay. Every offer the owners have sent to them has been 33% of their pay. They have just said it 3 different ways. lol

Yep. To the owners.. I say.

Who ya crappin?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I do not understand why they added that stipulation about compensation for free agents. Do they want to see if we get an NBA type deal of someone trying to get all their friends together on the same team that LeBron started? Why did that have to be in that last insult, I mean offer? Compensation is owners and upper management. Its not like there are 10 free agents still out there with Russell that someone would make an immediate world series caliber team, although I would not put it past Miami.