I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Every game matters. Going into it thinking Mar/Apr don't matter then you end up with 10 PPD that falls on the summer. Which is basically 100 deg days out there and flying in for 1 game then flying out getting x2 jet lag.

I would rather have a honest and be
Game 1 DH 2-3 Reg. 2nd home 1-2 reg game 3-4 DH. so this way your 5&6 starters are back to back and then you go into a off date before or after the date for rest to the rosters. You keep this in sync through out all MLB teams and consistent off dates vs the current staggered system it can be done easier.

Look at it this way. That 6 day run you have 8 games played out. Then you go into a reg off date. Basically 8 games played per week.

Do the math. 162/8=20 week season plus asg break and 2 bonus games.

20 weeks is around 5 months more of less. Vs the current 6 month reg season.

So yes there would be time to have extra play offs or even a week between to clean out PPD'S

I didn’t say that March and April do not matter. I said that the World Series matters more to MLB. That’s just fact no matter how you try to cut it. Playoff baseball is more important, it’s when they make their most $$...hence, why they are talking of expanding the playoffs yet again. The more teams in the playoffs, the more total $$ the MLB can make.

I think the combination of our ideas makes sense. Shorten spring training, and throw in the double header idea you threw out there, or something like it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I was thinking (taking the Cubs)

#1. Darvish. Game 2 Chatwood
Day 2 Hendricks
Day 3 Lester
Next series
Day 4 Q
Day 5 Mills
Day 6 Darvish then Chatwood again.
Day off
Next series
Day 1 Hendricks
Day 2 Lester
Day3 Q and Mills (DH)(Mills on normal rest)
Next series
Day4 Darvish and Chatwood back to back but it keeps them on.
Day5 Hendricks
Day 6 Lester
Off day

And so on. Even then they could push the off between the 2. Seeing a away team doing a travel between 2 DH is edge to the home.

But it would also set it up for 1 week home dates and 1 week away dates.

Just an idea but I expect MLB to fuck this up and the union to shit it down.

greg23

Liked Posts:
So basically

Div winner buy

#2 gets to pick his 1st round opponent

#3 gets the next choice.

Last 2 play each other.

So round 1 would have 4 match ups per league. 2 div champs and 4 wild cards.

Ok my main issue here is playing that many games will drag into a blizzard one day.

Like the proposal
Hate the proposal

End of the day; the reality is it would likely add ZERO to ONE day to the post season schedule (assuming all reg season tie breakers are decided by reg season h2h results and the 1st round series; best 2 of 3 at one site; is played on 3 consecutive days)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think they have to back off this division stuff a little if they are going this route. How can you stop a team that is playing in a weak division from running away with it. I am already of tired of watching three or four series with a central foe a month. This play here this week, there next week, then back here a week after is boring. Did it with the pirates and reds the past two years, then the teams change at the deadline and you might not play them again. You might even scratch this playing the other league schedule to get another series with the rest of the national league teams.

Take one home and home away from the division, convert those games to the east, convert the AL games to the west and you come close to playing everyone the same 12 games. one extra per division to do the tie breakers. I think that still comes up to 162