Mock Draft IV: Doomsday Scenario with no Bijan, Anderson, or Carter!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Mock Draft for Houston pick 12 Doomsday scenario.

Big Poles sits down. His partna’ “Cut You” Cunningham sits across from him. The cards are dealt. It's time for Spades. The big 3 talents are on the board, the Bears having been on the clock since Lovie fucked his GM in epic fashion. Sade couldn’t sing a better love song than what Chicago felt for Lovie in that moment.

Poles makes a big play. He knows that Houston wants two things: A QB and a difference maker on D. He decides to give them both. He also knows that Houston holds two potential top 5 picks in next year’s draft. There is a direct possibility that, not only do we have 3 picks in next year’s draft, we also have a chance to draft Caleb Williams or Drake Mays, and Marvin Harrison. Poles is giving Fields this year. Fair enough. He is hedging that if Fields blows up like he should, his next year’s picks will be Marvin Harrison and Joe Alt or whoever else is the top non QB pick.

The trade is simple Houston gives us 1:12, 2:33, 3:65, 5:138, their 2024 1st, and Cleveland’s 2024 1st and 4th. We give them our 1st overall. Houston drafts Young and Anderson 1 & 2. We have a good chance of doing the same next year thanks to Mr. Massage’s play in Cleveland. Poor Cleveland; can’t catch a break; amirite? Oh well. Their pain – our gain.

Bijan goes 5 to Seattle, Gonzalez goes 6 to Detroit, Addison goes 7 to Atlanta, and Paris goes 11 to Tenn. We gambled and lost.
1677526039518.png
12.) Trenton Simpson, Clemson, DWeapon – Just exactly what does he play? How about a hand in the dirt DE? How about Safety? How about LB? This guy is an Offenses worst nightmare. He allows us to play 3 LBs and still be in a “nickel”! And I know, how is it Nickel if there are 3 LBers? That's the point. He can show one look and creep up, put his hand in the dirt and pass rush. He actually has bend. He is everything people hope Anderson could do as a weapon that is moved around the D, but he has actually been doing that. People groan that we took an offball LB in the first round, despite what Eberflus said. Da ‘Flus laughs because he was playing the long con. The worst thing Simpson becomes is an all pro WLB. He may be a top pass rusher!

1677526120754.png
33.) Andre Carter II, Army, DE – This guy has the length of a 6’10” dude. Seriously. He’s a bendy freak. He has a work ethic one only gets in the military. Watching him play was watching the opponent run everything away from him and him still running down plays and QBs. He can also play WLB. He’s that athletic. Eberflus gets another key weapon in his system.

1677526294895.png
53.) Keion White, Wake Forest, DL – Calijah Kancy and Dalton Kincaid were on the board. It looks like Poles reaches! People are pissed. Dawand Jones and Siaki Ika are there! Why grab this guy. We actually may have just gotten our 3tech who can also play DE. Poles is smiling.

Bryce Young Mem.jpg
64.) Byron Young, Tenn, DL – Another overaged prospect from Tennessee with a shit ton of athletic ability and upside. Why? This guy is an athletic marvel that has no business not going in the first round. He falls because of his age and the fact that he’s barely played football. He becomes another weapon that can play either the line or be moved outside. Eberflus now has weapons and a dangerous young defense that legitimately scares people.

1677527412940.png

65.) Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland, OT – Way too mean and uber-athletic? Likes to hurt people. That’s our man. He eventually becomes our starting LG and beats out Whitehair sometime in the season.

1677527563831.png

109.) Tyler Steen, Alabama, OT – Good at the Senior Bowl? Check. Hyper-athletic? Check. Fast and able to pull? Yup. With his arms a bit shorter than Poles’d like, he may move inside and eventually be our C.

1677527749401.png
133.) Roschon Johnson, Texas, RB – Bootleg Bijan. There were many times when I was watching Bijan, I’d think it was him running, but it was Roschon. He is also a former QB, so there’s that as well. We get the big back that can take a cut and go and truck a motherfucker.
1677527785684.png

137.) Keaton Mitchell, East Carolina, RB – We get the yin to Johnson’s Yang! Heh heh. I watched him play against Coastal Carolina, and he made the other players look like they were standing still. He has that speed. With Deuce Vaugn off the board, we get a smaller back that has the potential to make big plays. Poles makes a slight reach for the chance for game breaking upside.

1677527937460.png

138.) Charlie Jones, Purdue, WR – We take a long look at Michael Wilson and his height, but the injuries make us say no. We let him keep on falling. We get a guy who is very fast and has great hands. He becomes our slot. He’s big, shifty, and can catch in traffic. He becomes Fields’ safety blanket.

1677527992203.png

159.) Anthony Johnson, Virginia, CB – he’s 6’2” and a master of press man. He allows for more of a hybrid to occur within the Tampa 2 Shell, especially with two good Safeties in Action Jackson and Brisker. Again, size, some speed, and the ability to jam? Yeah. We can teach the intricacies of zone if he’s sticky enough to play man.

1677528091780.png

220.) Xavier Smith, Florida A&M WR– 509 players and WRs on the NFL Mock Draft Database and his name isn’t even on it? Who the fuck is this guy? Yeah. He’s a playmaker. This is a dude you draft in the 7th as a why the fuck not. You all need to watch this motherfucker. Word.

Poles and Cunningham look up. They’re done. They slow played their hands, made their books, and, though it got hairy there at the onset, they set the league. They now have a nasty Defense, athletic beef on the OL, and made a run for playmakers late. They turned around doomsday.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If Simpson can have the impact of Michah Parsons, specifically rushing the passer, then that's a good pick. If he's most likely an off the ball LB then I hate that pick.

ColumbusRod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Tigers
  1. Dallas Mavericks
  1. Cleveland Browns
  1. Detroit Red Wings
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
Mock Draft for Houston pick 12 Doomsday scenario.

Big Poles sits down. His partna’ “Cut You” Cunningham sits across from him. The cards are dealt. It's time for Spades. The big 3 talents are on the board, the Bears having been on the clock since Lovie fucked his GM in epic fashion. Sade couldn’t sing a better love song than what Chicago felt for Lovie in that moment.

Poles makes a big play. He knows that Houston wants two things: A QB and a difference maker on D. He decides to give them both. He also knows that Houston holds two potential top 5 picks in next year’s draft. There is a direct possibility that, not only do we have 3 picks in next year’s draft, we also have a chance to draft Caleb Williams or Drake Mays, and Marvin Harrison. Poles is giving Fields this year. Fair enough. He is hedging that if Fields blows up like he should, his next year’s picks will be Marvin Harrison and Joe Alt or whoever else is the top non QB pick.

The trade is simple Houston gives us 1:12, 2:33, 3:65, 5:138, their 2024 1st, and Cleveland’s 2024 1st and 4th. We give them our 1st overall. Houston drafts Young and Anderson 1 & 2. We have a good chance of doing the same next year thanks to Mr. Massage’s play in Cleveland. Poor Cleveland; can’t catch a break; amirite? Oh well. Their pain – our gain.

Bijan goes 5 to Seattle, Gonzalez goes 6 to Detroit, Addison goes 7 to Atlanta, and Paris goes 11 to Tenn. We gambled and lost.
View attachment 26581
12.) Trenton Simpson, Clemson, DWeapon – Just exactly what does he play? How about a hand in the dirt DE? How about Safety? How about LB? This guy is an Offenses worst nightmare. He allows us to play 3 LBs and still be in a “nickel”! And I know, how is it Nickel if there are 3 LBers? That's the point. He can show one look and creep up, put his hand in the dirt and pass rush. He actually has bend. He is everything people hope Anderson could do as a weapon that is moved around the D, but he has actually been doing that. People groan that we took an offball LB in the first round, despite what Eberflus said. Da ‘Flus laughs because he was playing the long con. The worst thing Simpson becomes is an all pro WLB. He may be a top pass rusher!

View attachment 26582
33.) Andre Carter II, Army, DE – This guy has the length of a 6’10” dude. Seriously. He’s a bendy freak. He has a work ethic one only gets in the military. Watching him play was watching the opponent run everything away from him and him still running down plays and QBs. He can also play WLB. He’s that athletic. Eberflus gets another key weapon in his system.

View attachment 26583
53.) Keion White, Wake Forest, DL – Calijah Kancy and Dalton Kincaid were on the board. It looks like Poles reaches! People are pissed. Dawand Jones and Siaki Ika are there! Why grab this guy. We actually may have just gotten our 3tech who can also play DE. Poles is smiling.

View attachment 26610
64.) Byron Young, Tenn, DL – Another overaged prospect from Tennessee with a shit ton of athletic ability and upside. Why? This guy is an athletic marvel that has no business not going in the first round. He falls because of his age and the fact that he’s barely played football. He becomes another weapon that can play either the line or be moved outside. Eberflus now has weapons and a dangerous young defense that legitimately scares people.

View attachment 26611

65.) Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland, OT – Way too mean and uber-athletic? Likes to hurt people. That’s our man. He eventually becomes our starting LG and beats out Whitehair sometime in the season.

View attachment 26613

109.) Tyler Steen, Alabama, OT – Good at the Senior Bowl? Check. Hyper-athletic? Check. Fast and able to pull? Yup. With his arms a bit shorter than Poles’d like, he may move inside and eventually be our C.

View attachment 26615
133.) Roschon Johnson, Texas, RB – Bootleg Bijan. There were many times when I was watching Bijan, I’d think it was him running, but it was Roschon. He is also a former QB, so there’s that as well. We get the big back that can take a cut and go and truck a motherfucker.
View attachment 26616

137.) Keaton Mitchell, East Carolina, RB – We get the yin to Johnson’s Yang! Heh heh. I watched him play against Coastal Carolina, and he made the other players look like they were standing still. He has that speed. With Deuce Vaugn off the board, we get a smaller back that has the potential to make big plays. Poles makes a slight reach for the chance for game breaking upside.

View attachment 26617

138.) Charlie Jones, Purdue, WR – We take a long look at Michael Wilson and his height, but the injuries make us say no. We let him keep on falling. We get a guy who is very fast and has great hands. He becomes our slot. He’s big, shifty, and can catch in traffic. He becomes Fields’ safety blanket.

View attachment 26618

159.) Anthony Johnson, Virginia, CB – he’s 6’2” and a master of press man. He allows for more of a hybrid to occur within the Tampa 2 Shell, especially with two good Safeties in Action Jackson and Brisker. Again, size, some speed, and the ability to jam? Yeah. We can teach the intricacies of zone if he’s sticky enough to play man.

View attachment 26619

220.) Xavier Smith, Florida A&M WR– 509 players and WRs on the NFL Mock Draft Database and his name isn’t even on it? Who the fuck is this guy? Yeah. He’s a playmaker. This is a dude you draft in the 7th as a why the fuck not. You all need to watch this motherfucker. Word.

Poles and Cunningham look up. They’re done. They slow played their hands, made their books, and, though it got hairy there at the onset, they set the league. They now have a nasty Defense, athletic beef on the OL, and made a run for playmakers late. They turned around doomsday.
No way Houston gives that much , to move up 1-spot. 3-firsts, a second, a third and a fifth? No f-ing way. If we were Houston, we wouldn't give that much up, when we can get 1-of our guys at 2, and have a ton of draft capital next year. No way, I can't believe you spent all this time preparing this post, when it has no, absolutely no way of coming true. I could see getting their 12th, and 1 of their next years 1st rounders, which I would do in a minute. I guess we wait and see, but my guess is we don't make a deal. I think GM's are getting a little smarter, and not going to give away the house for a 50-50 chance, at best, for a QB to be more than a game manager. Now next year, Caleb Williams, might be worth 3-first rounders? Just because SF did something stupid, doesn't mean their are other GM's just as stupid. Do you think SF would like a do over? I do.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Imagine trading Roquan and then drafting another similar LB’er at #12 overall. Would be a typical Bears move tho
Andre Carter is going to be bad. Keion White won't be there at 53 and the trade with Houston isn't happening. Also still drafting 2 rbs. Just overall, everything is pretty terrible

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Andre Carter is going to be bad. Keion White won't be there at 53 and the trade with Houston isn't happening. Also still drafting 2 rbs. Just overall, everything is pretty terrible
I really stopped reading after drafting a LB at 12. And I really like DE White. Might be the best fit at DE for this scheme.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed on white. I don't think he's a 3T, but I think he'll be a really good DE
If Poles trades down and misses out on Anderson, White and/or Foskey will be excellent consolation picks.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
What do you have against Andre Carter II?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Rip off Houston then sraft like Ryan Pace

Awesome

And if those are the picks this year; would cringe as seeing the three #1's drafted next year.

Only pick I like was Johnson RB from Texas.

Go back to pounding the table for Robinson

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No joke if this was the draft prob be one of the most disappointing unsatisfying drafts in bears history and if you’ve been a bears fan as long as I’ve been that says allot lol

Btw I see allot of scenarios bijan goes top ten but not buying going or Seattle they have their guy

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No joke if this was the draft prob be one of the most disappointing unsatisfying drafts in bears history and if you’ve been a bears fan as long as I’ve been that says allot lol

Btw I see allot of scenarios bijan goes top ten but not buying going or Seattle they have their guy
I am prepared to be more disappointed than when we drafted She McClellin

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I really stopped reading after drafting a LB at 12. And I really like DE White. Might be the best fit at DE for this scheme.

I stopped as soon as it said giving up the 1st pick to move down to 12 and Houston having pick 1 & 2. Horrendous.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

They just took Kenneth Walker in the 2nd round last year and he had 1000+ yds and 9 tds. Why would they add another RB a year later and in the top 5? Makes no sense.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They just took Kenneth Walker in the 2nd round last year and he had 1000+ yds and 9 tds. Why would they add another RB a year later and in the top 5? Makes no sense.
And they might bring back RB Penny too, on the cheap

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No way Houston gives that much , to move up 1-spot. 3-firsts, a second, a third and a fifth? No f-ing way. If we were Houston, we wouldn't give that much up, when we can get 1-of our guys at 2, and have a ton of draft capital next year. No way, I can't believe you spent all this time preparing this post, when it has no, absolutely no way of coming true. I could see getting their 12th, and 1 of their next years 1st rounders, which I would do in a minute. I guess we wait and see, but my guess is we don't make a deal. I think GM's are getting a little smarter, and not going to give away the house for a 50-50 chance, at best, for a QB to be more than a game manager. Now next year, Caleb Williams, might be worth 3-first rounders? Just because SF did something stupid, doesn't mean their are other GM's just as stupid. Do you think SF would like a do over? I do.
Reading is FUNdamental.