Mock Draft IV: First day of FA edition

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
  • QB
  • QB
  • QB (trade because Garoppolo can mentor. He’s used to having a first round rookie on the bench.)
  • QB
  • Seattle takes Anderson
  • Detroit takes Carter because they don’t give a fuck
  • Arizona takes Tyree Wilson
  • Atlanta takes Paris Johnson
So, thank you Poles, because the sun keeps on shining. No matter how this draft goes, we have DJ motherfucking Moore. Yes, the sun keeps on shining. Feel those rays. It’s a beautiful day.

The sun is also shining, because we have the best cover LB tandem in the league. We have our Defensive weapon in Edmunds. We have a good G and may be getting a decent RT very soon. Poles is showing that he is not going to overpay or overplay. Yeah, feel that sun keep on shining.

Poles takes a long at Christian Gonzalez. Going DB first two years in a row wouldn’t faze him, but he knows that the priority is getting weapons for Fields. He going to finish getting the OL and DL pieces in FA. He can afford to take the most dangerous weapon in the draft. There is no price too great for playmakers. Poles lets the sun shine some more and grabs the best overall talent in this draft.

1678816288580.png

1/9.) Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas – First off, by getting and paying a top LB in the league, Poles shows that he will take the best talent, even if the rest of the league is zigging; his actions are saying they’re going to get the weapon they value.

The rest of the world is starting to catch up with what I’ve been saying since November. This man is the fucking man. We all know that the Bears want to be an explosive team. Now, we have a guy that I seriously don’t know how a team will scheme to stop when Fields is at the give/mesh, and DJ Moore is running into the shallow flat. RPO with Fields, our upgraded WR room, and Kmet? Yooooooo. Now, peep this: how about when we put Bijan in the slot and line up Claypool or Moore in the Tailback? Or, even worse for an OC, Bijan goes to the Y or X, and we move either Mooney or VJJ into the tail. Yeah. Don’t forget how good his hands are and how he can line up everywhere.

Bijan is the most dynamic playmaker in the draft. Watching him catch those poorly thrown balls at The Combine with hands that define soft was a revelation. Watching him slow and adjust to the last very poorly thrown ball by one of the coaches shows how he will catch TDs from Fields. He pass blocks, catches, can line up all over the formation and will give us victory after victory as teams have to strengthen the box to defend him. We will be in superstar status in no time.

1678816312884.png
2/54.) Tuli Tuipulotu DL, USC – This is our dude. We get our 3tech. Gabriel thinks he’s the best, including over Carter. So, clown that dude all you want, but he has forgotten more about evaluating players than I’ll ever know. He can anchor, attack, and be moved around the line. He should be an instant contributor, if not a starter.

1678816336586.png

2/61.) Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami – Unfortunately, Miami’s D was not good this year. I remember having conversations about Stevenson during the CF season where I was like, Stevenson is a gamer, but the fact that the same tape that will show him picking off passes and recovering fumbles will also show knucklehead plays is why he falls to the end of the 2nd. He’s all traits and upside, long, fast, and plays with thunder. He is very good at jamming and pressing, which will help a lot against the quick receivers coming in. He is a Bears player, but may not do more than ST at first, which will get some people complaining about using a 2nd rounder on him when there were big DTs available. He will eventually be a very good boundary corner.

1678816358544.png

3/64.) Sam Laporta, TE Iowa – What’s not to like. He blocks well for a UTE, runs routes, and knows how to get open. He will provide another target for Fields. Yes, with the addition of DJ Moore, our slot is taken care of, but DJ Moore also plays on the boundary, so, by putting Laporta in the slot, we can move Moore to the boundary, show a TE jumbo formation, and still be able to run a powerful RPO with Bijan and Fields.

1678816374338.png
4/103.) YaYa “Little Baby” Diaby (dee - uh - be), DE Louisville – This guy is a great athlete with bend that tore up the Combine with a 9.84 RAS for DE and a 9.99 for a LB. Yeah, he’s a project. He is who you grab to improve the team. Poles has shown that he will take potential pass rushers with ability late, and you can’t teach traits. Diaby has traits in bucketfulls. His issues are coachable, especially since he was played out of position in College.

1678816393602.png
4/133.) Grant DuBose, WR, Charlotte – Does this name sound familiar? Yeah, it’s because he was one of the players that Poles said that he was looking at at the Senior Bowl. He showed up for the Senior Bowl. He is a hard worker. You can literally use his blocking to teach blocking. He has great hands. He has great measurables and testing numbers at 6'2", 201 lbs, 32" arms, and a 1.52-sec 10-yard split.

1678816413549.png

5/137.) Jon Gaines II, IOL UCLAPoles’ unicorn. This is the only OL that fit Poles’ criteria. It’s never a reach if it’s your guy, so, though many places have him going later than this, Poles grabs him in the fifth – sound familiar? Poles finds traits he can coach and continues to draft with an eye to development. Yes, he’s a bit of an older prospect and has some bad habits that need to be fixed through coaching, but he is exactly what Poles wants. We get him. The sun shines as we get another potential starter in the fifth rounds.

1678816427573.png
5/149.) Jose Ramirez, DE, Eastern Michigan – Y’all like that Maxx Crosby? This guy does. Another speed rusher coming out of Eastern Michigan? Yes, please. He is so smooth in his game. He attacks nonstop. He has a shit ton of sacks to prove it. Guys that lots of sacks have a quality that you can’t coach. It’s a mentality. This guy is tenacious and gets the sacks. It also helps that he was a top performer at The Combine where he topped all defensive ends in both the three-cone drill and the shuttle drill, being the only prospect to get below seven seconds in the former drill. Poles does it again by doubling down on uber-athletic dudes who have a tremendous upside.

1678816442716.png
7/219.) Shaka Heyward, LB Duke – A surprisingly long LB with a big frame that likes to hit. He has the upside to be a big playmaker. He had a good showing at the combine, and, at 6’3”, still can fill out his frame. He is the kind of player you grab in the 7th to see if he can make the team as ST or improve with upside. He also had some sacks that showed a bit of bend. Poles continues to draft based on traits and upside for development.

“…measuring in at 6-3 with 34-inch arms, you see the tools to be a matchup asset in coverage.

I was already pretty impressed with him at East-West Shrine practices. And he looked very smooth in the coverage drills, redirecting with the shuffle, staying low in his pedal and quickly sticking his foot in the ground to drive forward when taking directions on the wave drill. His hips looked loose, and he snatched the ball away from his body on multiple occasions when asked to open and pivot.”

1678816463758.png

7/258.) Trevor Reid OT, Louisville – This guy is a tremendous athlete that the Bears saw while checking out Diaby. He’s fluid, but just so raw. He may be too raw for ODB but not for Pace. Taking him at the penultimate pick in the draft turns out to be a win. He is athletic enough to need development and may be a swing tackler or better someday. He’s the type of player you take a why not on in the draft.

And the sun keeps on shining!

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  • QB
  • QB
  • QB (trade because Garoppolo can mentor. He’s used to having a first round rookie on the bench.)
  • QB
  • Seattle takes Anderson
  • Detroit takes Carter because they don’t give a fuck
  • Arizona takes Tyree Wilson
  • Atlanta takes Paris Johnson
So, thank you Poles, because the sun keeps on shining. No matter how this draft goes, we have DJ motherfucking Moore. Yes, the sun keeps on shining. Feel those rays. It’s a beautiful day.

The sun is also shining, because we have the best cover LB tandem in the league. We have our Defensive weapon in Edmunds. We have a good G and may be getting a decent RT very soon. Poles is showing that he is not going to overpay or overplay. Yeah, feel that sun keep on shining.

Poles takes a long at Christian Gonzalez. Going DB first two years in a row wouldn’t faze him, but he knows that the priority is getting weapons for Fields. He going to finish getting the OL and DL pieces in FA. He can afford to take the most dangerous weapon in the draft. There is no price too great for playmakers. Poles lets the sun shine some more and grabs the best overall talent in this draft.

View attachment 27308

1/9.) Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas – First off, by getting and paying a top LB in the league, Poles shows that he will take the best talent, even if the rest of the league is zigging; his actions are saying they’re going to get the weapon they value.

The rest of the world is starting to catch up with what I’ve been saying since November. This man is the fucking man. We all know that the Bears want to be an explosive team. Now, we have a guy that I seriously don’t know how a team will scheme to stop when Fields is at the give/mesh, and DJ Moore is running into the shallow flat. RPO with Fields, our upgraded WR room, and Kmet? Yooooooo. Now, peep this: how about when we put Bijan in the slot and line up Claypool or Moore in the Tailback? Or, even worse for an OC, Bijan goes to the Y or X, and we move either Mooney or VJJ into the tail. Yeah. Don’t forget how good his hands are and how he can line up everywhere.

Bijan is the most dynamic playmaker in the draft. Watching him catch those poorly thrown balls at The Combine with hands that define soft was a revelation. Watching him slow and adjust to the last very poorly thrown ball by one of the coaches shows how he will catch TDs from Fields. He pass blocks, catches, can line up all over the formation and will give us victory after victory as teams have to strengthen the box to defend him. We will be in superstar status in no time.

View attachment 27309
2/54.) Tuli Tuipulotu DL, USC – This is our dude. We get our 3tech. Gabriel thinks he’s the best, including over Carter. So, clown that dude all you want, but he has forgotten more about evaluating players than I’ll ever know. He can anchor, attack, and be moved around the line. He should be an instant contributor, if not a starter.

View attachment 27310

2/61.) Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami – Unfortunately, Miami’s D was not good this year. I remember having conversations about Stevenson during the CF season where I was like, Stevenson is a gamer, but the fact that the same tape that will show him picking off passes and recovering fumbles will also show knucklehead plays is why he falls to the end of the 2nd. He’s all traits and upside, long, fast, and plays with thunder. He is very good at jamming and pressing, which will help a lot against the quick receivers coming in. He is a Bears player, but may not do more than ST at first, which will get some people complaining about using a 2nd rounder on him when there were big DTs available. He will eventually be a very good boundary corner.

View attachment 27311

3/64.) Sam Laporta, TE Iowa – What’s not to like. He blocks well for a UTE, runs routes, and knows how to get open. He will provide another target for Fields. Yes, with the addition of DJ Moore, our slot is taken care of, but DJ Moore also plays on the boundary, so, by putting Laporta in the slot, we can move Moore to the boundary, show a TE jumbo formation, and still be able to run a powerful RPO with Bijan and Fields.

View attachment 27312
4/103.) YaYa “Little Baby” Diaby (dee - uh - be), DE Louisville – This guy is a great athlete with bend that tore up the Combine with a 9.84 RAS for DE and a 9.99 for a LB. Yeah, he’s a project. He is who you grab to improve the team. Poles has shown that he will take potential pass rushers with ability late, and you can’t teach traits. Diaby has traits in bucketfulls. His issues are coachable, especially since he was played out of position in College.

View attachment 27313
4/133.) Grant DuBose, WR, Charlotte – Does this name sound familiar? Yeah, it’s because he was one of the players that Poles said that he was looking at at the Senior Bowl. He showed up for the Senior Bowl. He is a hard worker. You can literally use his blocking to teach blocking. He has great hands. He has great measurables and testing numbers at 6'2", 201 lbs, 32" arms, and a 1.52-sec 10-yard split.

View attachment 27314

5/137.) Jon Gaines II, IOL UCLAPoles’ unicorn. This is the only OL that fit Poles’ criteria. It’s never a reach if it’s your guy, so, though many places have him going later than this, Poles grabs him in the fifth – sound familiar? Poles finds traits he can coach and continues to draft with an eye to development. Yes, he’s a bit of an older prospect and has some bad habits that need to be fixed through coaching, but he is exactly what Poles wants. We get him. The sun shines as we get another potential starter in the fifth rounds.

View attachment 27315
5/149.) Jose Ramirez, DE, Eastern Michigan – Y’all like that Maxx Crosby? This guy does. Another speed rusher coming out of Eastern Michigan? Yes, please. He is so smooth in his game. He attacks nonstop. He has a shit ton of sacks to prove it. Guys that lots of sacks have a quality that you can’t coach. It’s a mentality. This guy is tenacious and gets the sacks. It also helps that he was a top performer at The Combine where he topped all defensive ends in both the three-cone drill and the shuttle drill, being the only prospect to get below seven seconds in the former drill. Poles does it again by doubling down on uber-athletic dudes who have a tremendous upside.

View attachment 27316
7/219.) Shaka Heyward, LB Duke – A surprisingly long LB with a big frame that likes to hit. He has the upside to be a big playmaker. He had a good showing at the combine, and, at 6’3”, still can fill out his frame. He is the kind of player you grab in the 7th to see if he can make the team as ST or improve with upside. He also had some sacks that showed a bit of bend. Poles continues to draft based on traits and upside for development.

“…measuring in at 6-3 with 34-inch arms, you see the tools to be a matchup asset in coverage.

I was already pretty impressed with him at East-West Shrine practices. And he looked very smooth in the coverage drills, redirecting with the shuffle, staying low in his pedal and quickly sticking his foot in the ground to drive forward when taking directions on the wave drill. His hips looked loose, and he snatched the ball away from his body on multiple occasions when asked to open and pivot.”

View attachment 27317

7/258.) Trevor Reid OT, Louisville – This guy is a tremendous athlete that the Bears saw while checking out Diaby. He’s fluid, but just so raw. He may be too raw for ODB but not for Pace. Taking him at the penultimate pick in the draft turns out to be a win. He is athletic enough to need development and may be a swing tackler or better someday. He’s the type of player you take a why not on in the draft.

And the sun keeps on shining!
Dentfan, let me start by saying I love your takes on a lot of things, and I always look forward to reading what you have to say, but I have to disagree with you here. Sorry but there is no way the Bears should waste a first round pick on a running back. I'll admit he's good but there are a ton of RBs that would thrive in the Bears offense. Use the pick on a real team need don't waste it on what is essentially a luxury pick. Good luck Bijan wherever you land. I just hope it's not with the Bears.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dentfan, let me start by saying I love your takes on a lot of things, and I always look forward to reading what you have to say, but I have to disagree with you here. Sorry but there is no way the Bears should waste a first round pick on a running back. I'll admit he's good but there are a ton of RBs that would thrive in the Bears offense. Use the pick on a real team need don't waste it on what is essentially a luxury pick. Good luck Bijan wherever you land. I just hope it's not with the Bears.

I would be happy to get bijan, but wouldnt like it at much at #9. If they trade down again and pick up a 2nd rounder then I'd love him in the teens.

Mentioned previously here, I think gibbs would be a great fit for this offense too and you can get him in the 2nd probably. Then your pass game could start looking stacked.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I love Robinson, but I don't see the Bears using the #9 on him. With a trade down, remote possibility.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Why the Miami guy instead of Eli Ricks? My friend is literally fucking his sister in a double wide level roll tide and he said Ricks is Can't miss. And least we forget the two firsts next year when Bama has a corner named Kool Aide coming out for the draft. OR WHAT IF WE WENT WILD AND DRSFTED THE CANT MISS JOEY PORTER JR AT 9

Other than that, you son of a bitch, I'm in!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
this aussiebear wanna be.... taking a rb in the top 10.

also, i took yaya first. find your own project.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I would be happy to get bijan, but wouldnt like it at much at #9. If they trade down again and pick up a 2nd rounder then I'd love him in the teens.

Mentioned previously here, I think gibbs would be a great fit for this offense too and you can get him in the 2nd probably. Then your pass game could start looking stacked.
I love Robinson, but I don't see the Bears using the #9 on him. With a trade down, remote possibility.
I want to make sure we get Bijan. If a trade down happened, like the Jets moving up for Skoronski, sure. I think there is a good chance Phillie takes him at 10, so I want to make sure we get, arguably, the best player in the draft.

I did not like what I saw from Gibbs at the combine. He looked like a RB catching passes. That’s what he is, a good back. He’s what I see as the replaceable running back that people think of when they see Bijan’s a rb. He comped to most of the backs there. For him, I’d rather get seroderick Thompson. I liked what I saw from him.

If we don’t get Bijan, I’m pretty much agnostic until the 7th.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I want to make sure we get Bijan. If a trade down happened, like the Jets moving up for Skoronski, sure. I think there is a good chance Phillie takes him at 10, so I want to make sure we get, arguably, the best player in the draft.

I did not like what I saw from Gibbs at the combine. He looked like a RB catching passes. That’s what he is, a good back. He’s what I see as the replaceable running back that people think of when they see Bijan’s a rb. He comped to most of the backs there. For him, I’d rather get seroderick Thompson. I liked what I saw from him.

If we don’t get Bijan, I’m pretty much agnostic until the 7th.
I think Philly signed rashad penny

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm warming up to the idea of taking Robinson. If he's as good at running routes as advertised, split him out from the backfield one on one with a backer while Fields is there to kill you with his legs, not to mention the RPO and the mesh with two weapons like that... man it's mouth watering.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Tuli weighed in at 266 at the combine. He isn't playing 3T
This is where mock drafting gets hard. I want Adebewore there, but I don’t see him falling to us. So, though Tuli is light, he has the ability to play inside and outside, much like the guy they just signed.

So, Adebewore is my number one target, but I don’t see him falling.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We're already on the same page with Robinson. Zero qualms taking him at nine.

However I want to shout out to Tuli, who u think is a good tweener on the DL. Move him to DT on third down in and otherwise let him be RE.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I'm warming up to the idea of taking Robinson. If he's as good at running routes as advertised, split him out from the backfield one on one with a backer while Fields is there to kill you with his legs, not to mention the RPO and the mesh with two weapons like that... man it's mouth watering.
This is what I’ve been telling people for months! Bijan can line up all over the formation and catch. I’d love to see him in the slot and Herbert take a handoff from the tail. Him running Jet sweep left as Herbert goes right and Fields rolls out after the mesh to set up pa is the thing of magic.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This is what I’ve been telling people for months! Bijan can line up all over the formation and catch. I’d love to see him in the slot and Herbert take a handoff from the tail. Him running Jet sweep left as Herbert goes right and Fields rolls out after the mesh to set up pa is the thing of magic.
Bijan is looking less and less likely by the day

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another way I chose to look at this is IF a trade-down call does not come!!!

Bummed to miss out on Paris, who I feel is good value at 9 if no trade, so if you don't love the next best pass-rusher at 9, you gotta pick somebody!? Bears do now have a need at RB and Bijan is a plug n' play specimen.

I really wanted Monty back, but nobody can say Bijan isn't an upgrade while filling a big hole on the cheap who will have a lot of touches, second only to Fields. ?‍♂️