Mock Draft

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What fun. here goes.

Trade 50 to BAL for 55 and 129. Kenneth Murray falls and Baltimore is in dire need of an ILB. Lots of picks to spare.

Trade 55 to Sea for 59 and 144 to select Trayvon Diggs, a prototype CB for their system.

43: Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU 6’0 205: Remind me of Deebo Samuel. Huge after the catch ability, elite athlete, long speed and breaks ability. Not a refined receiver, especially along the LOS, but gives the Bears things they desperately need right now and most of the improvements can come from coaching. No athletic limitations. Can scheme him touches along with slant, go, and bubble abilities right away.

59: Lucas Niang OT TCU 6’6 315: Love this guy. RT who should be able to compete with Massie immediately. Scheme versatile. I think he’s OT5 but could easily get pushed down for potential LTs who need more work.

120 Ben Bredeson G Michigan 6’5 315: Another scheme versatile player who I think fits what Castillo wants to do – more of a road grader but can get out a little too. Should challenge to start at RG. 3rd and 4th is the sweet spot for IOL in this draft.

144: Antonie Brooks S Mayland 5’11 215: Physical, aggressive safety who is best near the LOS, can blitz and play underneath coverage. Not a deep guy. Potential nickel package LB imo.

164 Reggie Robinson 6’1 200: CB Tulsa Hot name recently, big, physical, athletic developmental outside CB with upside. Press ability perhaps early, fits the scheme well.

197 Mike Warren RB Cincinnati 5’9 225: could easily be gone at this spot. Underrated power RB with surprising lateral juice and short area quickness for his bowling ball build. Not going to win the 100 yard dash but can get up to speed fast. Physicality to take starter reps in a pinch, definite short yardage potential. Decent receiving ability.

201 John Hightower WR Boise 6’1 190: Developmental deep threat.

227 Jacob Phillips LB LSU 6’3 240: Developmental but has experience at the highest level.

234 Scott Frantz OT KSU 6’5 305: Limited physically but a good technician who could eventually be a good swing tackle.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a lot of love for Aiyuk lately... but I really don't see it. I don't think he'll ever be a WR1, and he may only end up being a WR3. I feel like we could take someone with a higher ceiling personally. I'm sure I'll take a lot of flak for this, but I think he's a poor man's Jeremy Maclin.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Trades for #129, drafts at #120. Pace is a fucking badass.

Also, why would you ever draft someone who is "physically limited"?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Trade down for a theoretically lesser player.

We need better players not more players. Throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks is the province of football noobs
So essentially you'd rather Pace pick Niang at 50 instead of 59 and lose out on 2 extra picks...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So essentially you'd rather Pace pick Niang at 50 instead of 59 and lose out on 2 extra picks...
Then there should be a better player at 50 if the scouts and idiot Pace are doing their jobs

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Kenneth Murray falls to #50? Hellz to the no. He's actually my favorite ILB in this draft even over P.Queen. No way he falls out of the 1st round or even out of the 20's IMO.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Trades for #129, drafts at #120. Pace is a fucking badass.

Also, why would you ever draft someone who is "physically limited"?

Yep, my bad.

To the question, because there aren't usually very good prospects in the 7th round.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's a lot of love for Aiyuk lately... but I really don't see it. I don't think he'll ever be a WR1, and he may only end up being a WR3. I feel like we could take someone with a higher ceiling personally. I'm sure I'll take a lot of flak for this, but I think he's a poor man's Jeremy Maclin.

I think if you drafted Jeremy Maclin at 43 that would be considered an unmitigated success. Dude average like 900 yards and 7 TDs through his first six seasons. I'm not exactly sure what a poor man's Jeremy Maclin is though.

I will add I think Reagor and Mims are gone at 43, and I prefer Aiyuk to Higgins, Peoples Jones, and Pittman (although I think Pittman is on par with him, Aiyuk is a better fit forthe Bears imo).

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would wrap myself in this draft and have a cozy nap.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
I would take Claypool over Aiyuk and if there Darrynton Evans at RB. Other than that I’m good with it.
Maybe the TE from Missouri to learn from Jimmy Graham similar physical traits...

greg23

Liked Posts:
sign me up

come to think that of the realistic possibilities at #43 (at wr) my list is trimmed to :

Mims
Aiyuk
Reagor

Pass on the others (higgins, hamler, pittman, claypool, shenault) for another position like OL/CB if similar rated players available

greg23

Liked Posts:
would love to see the following still available after day 1 as this is my preferred list to draft at #43:

ruiz
wilson
jones
jaylen johnson
aj terrell
mims
ayuik
reagor

knowing the bears luck......one will be left at #42 and drafted just ahead of us.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'm a fan. also helps Bredeson is one of my favorite non blue chippers in this class.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade down for a theoretically lesser player.

We need better players not more players. Throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks is the province of football noobs

Yes, that’s exactly what makes a trade down viable.