Mock trade up for Wilson.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Look at this final 4 of QB's....says all you need to know regarding what is required to be an elite team in the NFL
Rooting for Allen and Wilson reminds me of him, so I would like Pace to go into the draft with a note in his pocket saying Wilson, no matter what.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This. Can't ignore the OL any longer. Putting a new QB behind a shit offensive line is insane

There's other ways to fix the o-line besides the draft and Pace made it pretty clear that about how they know it needs work. Probably doesn't need as much work as the overreactors on CCS think since those people are looking for 5 pro bowlers on the o-line or it's not good enough for them but can be fixed in free agency.

We already have the inside line good with Daniels, Whitehair and Mustipher and then could probably get Bars and Ifedi back pretty cheap but not sure how they're viewed by the staff, if it's as starters or backups but i would think one of them could definitely fill the RT role. Ifedi was actually pretty good there when they moved him from RG.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm sure teams at least use it to get an idea of what past trades have been valued at but not sure they're strictly going off of what this says when doing their own trades. There's obviously no way for us to know but gotta think it comes in handy for them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm always flummoxed by a trade up to a team that needs a QB as bad as the Bears do. If Wilson is as good as people think, why would a QBless Atlanta do this? Amazing.

Depends on what Atlanta wants to do this off-season? Tear down and rebuild or go all in for one last hurrah with Ryan/Julio? They have enormous cap hits for a trade or outright release

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends on what Atlanta wants to do this off-season? Tear down and rebuild or go all in for one last hurrah with Ryan/Julio? They have enormous cap hits for a trade or outright release
Nope. Even if they keep Ryan, handwriting is on the wall, they take a replacement IF Wilson is that good. You could sit him behind Ryan for a year and boom he is ready to go. And depending on Matt's remaining contract, keep him as a back up into his late 30's. edit: The Falcon's have Ryan inked through the 2023 season at $30 mil per.

Edit: As long as we are playing this game, wonder what it would take to trade for Mahomes.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's other ways to fix the o-line besides the draft and Pace made it pretty clear that about how they know it needs work. Probably doesn't need as much work as the overreactors on CCS think since those people are looking for 5 pro bowlers on the o-line or it's not good enough for them but can be fixed in free agency.

We already have the inside line good with Daniels, Whitehair and Mustipher and then could probably get Bars and Ifedi back pretty cheap but not sure how they're viewed by the staff, if it's as starters or backups but i would think one of them could definitely fill the RT role. Ifedi was actually pretty good there when they moved him from RG.

The issue is that rarely do really good OTs hit the free agency market and when they do they get paid way more than we can spend.

WRs on the other hand hit free agency more regularly.

OTs is a position you usually need to draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, that being said, yes, you pull that trade off. It's a no brainer.

Issue is there is no way the Falcons would accept that trade. You have a much better shot of trading with Miami and including Arob as a Tagged player.

I also think all 3 are gone 1/2/3.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The issue is that rarely do really good OTs hit the free agency market and when they do they get paid way more than we can spend.

WRs on the other hand hit free agency more regularly.

OTs is a position you usually need to draft.

I agree, just saying that the draft isn't the only way to find tackles. There's actually a few good ones that will be free agents this offseason. Some will get more than we can spend and some won't. Just need to use the money saved on Leno and Massie, if we cut both, on a new tackle.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Everyone please pay special attention......THIS ARTICLE IS FROM SPORTS MOCKERY SO IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT THEN PLEASE STAY FAR AWAY.

Thank you

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He still will be a top 5 pick, considering what the Bears will have to give up in order to move up to draft him, wouldn't it be smarter to try and acquire Watson through a trade and get the proven commodity?

msadows

Liked Posts:
He still will be a top 5 pick, considering what the Bears will have to give up in order to move up to draft him, wouldn't it be smarter to try and acquire Watson through a trade and get the proven commodity?

of course but that would mean watson wanting to come here. Not sure that’s happening

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm pretty sure trading for Watson is the #1 option of at least 95% of this board and has been talked about over and over again. The issue is even though we all would love to trade for him we just can't give up as good of assets as at least 3-4-5 other QB needy teams can and we're also not sure we'd be very high on Watson's list if we're on his list at all. Basically Pace would have to give up a ton to be able to beat what teams like the Jets or Miami or other teams would be able to give up cause they have higher 1st round picks and other assets to give. I'm still all for it cause getting a QB like Watson makes the team better as soon as you get him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My QB rankings

1. Trade for Deshaun
2. Trade/Sign Dak
3. Trade up Fields
4. Trade up Wilson
5. Trade up Lance
6. Mac Jones
7. Trade for Hurts/Minshew
8. Jamie Newman in rounds 2-3

Unlisted: Nick Foles, because he is a giant bag of suck.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My QB rankings

1. Trade for Deshaun
2. Trade/Sign Dak
3. Trade up Fields
4. Trade up Wilson
5. Trade up Lance
6. Mac Jones

I'd move 3 to 2, but have no problem with the rest! !

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
My QB rankings

1. Trade for Deshaun
2. Trade/Sign Dak
3. Trade up Fields
4. Trade up Wilson
5. Trade up Lance
6. Mac Jones

I have a feeling Wilson will be a better NFL QB, and I’m a fan of Fields.

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
I don’t trust this regime with a young QB. This team is crumbling, Pace/Nagy are on borrowed time, last thing we need is Pace trading away 2022 1st rounder, which I’m sure will be a top 5 pick looking at the schedule. Hopefully they win 6 games or less next year and purge through the organization.