Mock trade up for Wilson.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Are they not mortgaging the future to a much larger degree by trading for Watson?

With how many teams are going to offer up everything for Watson, I don't think the Bears trade package is going to be the most attractive.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
With how many teams are going to offer up everything for Watson, I don't think the Bears trade package is going to be the most attractive.
I agree. IMO, the move should be to target a QB in the draft.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heh, latest "expert" mock I looked at on line has SF making this trade with Atlanta, but not for Wilson who projected 2 over all. 49ers grabbed Fields at Atlantas spot. At 20, Bears grab Jones in his draft.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heh, latest "expert" mock I looked at on line has SF making this trade with Atlanta, but not for Wilson who projected 2 over all. 49ers grabbed Fields at Atlantas spot. At 20, Bears grab Jones in his draft.

Jones would be much better than Trask ! IMHO

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trading up for a QB in this draft is probably a lot more realistic than trading for Watson. If past actions are any indication, you can trade up from late 20s to top 10 for around the price of two firsts and a third. Since the Bears aren't in the late 20s, it should be even more doable. That's easily worth the swing if you're Pace looking down the barrel of unemployment.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Don't think there will be as many bidders for Watson as everyone thinks. A future team would need to convince Watson to want their team. Get permission to discuss with him on a trade. With his no trade contract he is in control. Any team trading for him has to show a plan to get him and how to get the team built over next 1-2 years to go for a title. A great QB hides a lot of holes. Rogers has been doing it for GB for years. A great QB can make average WRs look great.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Again, until they prove that Lazor is actually calling the plays, it won't matter who the QB is under Nagy's play calling. He's had a number of QB's to implement his so called system... and they all didn't produce (or we can say Nagy didn't produce).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I heard a rumor Andrew Luck is coming out of retirement to play under Nagy's system. Where's my Sports Mockery article!!

Tweet it to Eric Lambert and i'm sure we'll have an article by sundown and i'll post it by midnight. :magic:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Again, until they prove that Lazor is actually calling the plays, it won't matter who the QB is under Nagy's play calling. He's had a number of QB's to implement his so called system... and they all didn't produce (or we can say Nagy didn't produce).

I'm not a Nagy fan but he's only had 2 QB's and not sure they'll ever go out of their way to try to prove to fans that Lazor is calling plays. I actually would rather we get rid of Lazor and get a legit OC in here that won't take the job unless he had play calling control and is one who comes from a running the ball system. I'm just not a huge B.Lazor fan but if it's him or Nagy then i'll deal with him.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Just to ask, what would you give for Watson?

Serious question. If they asked for your 1st and 3rd for the next 2 years and Fuller would you bite?
I would bathe Virginia...candles, rose petals, chocolates. all of it.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Trading up for a QB in this draft is probably a lot more realistic than trading for Watson. If past actions are any indication, you can trade up from late 20s to top 10 for around the price of two firsts and a third. Since the Bears aren't in the late 20s, it should be even more doable. That's easily worth the swing if you're Pace looking down the barrel of unemployment.
i prefer that if they mortgage some assets then do it for a proven QB, I hate the idea of trading up for a rookie with this regime and giving up too much in the process.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Watson is great, no doubt. But I think people are overlooking not only the draft capital to get it done, but also the cap implications it would bring. No 1sts for this year and the next 2 years plus additional picks AND paying him top 5 QB money?

Fine, but consider the roster implications. You think the Texans roster was bad that he played on?? Shit. Super Bowl caliber compared to what the Bears roster would look like.

At least if you draft a QB you give up this and next years first (and a few mid rounders), but you have a QB on a rookie contract for 5 years.
I agree the best way to go is get a solid to good level of play from your rookie QB and have cap space to build a team around him is by far the best way to do that. That's the reward side, but let's talk about the risk. If you miss on QB, like you did Mitch, then 4 years from now you are in the exact same spot.

With Watson, you have nailed the most important position in football for the next 10 years.

When talking about the Texans, that team is a mess. No GM and a coach that was giving away players for nothing. If you want to know organizationally how bad they are here's something that tells the story: The Texans fired Bill O'Brien on Oct. 5th. They have been without a head coach for over 3.5 months. They are currently the ONLY NFL TEAM WITHOUT a head coach! They hired a GM on Jan. 5th. Wouldn't a coaching search be a part of his first 1-2 weeks??? If you think they are waiting to announce Bienenemy all the Watson trade talk doesn't match that logic. If anything if they hire him doesn't that just mean he was hired because their franchise QB had to threaten them? I got buddies that are Texan fans. They all agree since their 'racially wrong' former owner Bob McNair passed they have been garbage.

IMHO if the Bears have Watson they are actually in a position to have the NFCN's best QB within the next 2-3 years. Just think about that for a second. Wouldn't that make you think they would have an advantage to own the division for a solid run?

Last edited:

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I'm not a Nagy fan but he's only had 2 QB's and not sure they'll ever go out of their way to try to prove to fans that Lazor is calling plays. I actually would rather we get rid of Lazor and get a legit OC in here that won't take the job unless he had play calling control and is one who comes from a running the ball system. I'm just not a huge B.Lazor fan but if it's him or Nagy then i'll deal with him.

I think if the Bears were smart, they would make that a mandatory must for keeping Nagy as the coach. It doesn't look like that's the case though. It's just mind boggling that the play calling situation is not set in stone yet.