Money ball time?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Time to shed cap, get new GM & coaching staff, sign players off other teams practice squad, tank for a year?

See you next year. Peace, out.

Nagy isn’t going anywhere and unfortunately I think Pace is staying too.

A proactive franchise would see this team is many, many pieces away from being a SB winner and fire Pace but they will continue to be a poor franchise.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
off season Mariota, lose chase, kyle, both current TEs, let receiver core get healthy and draft all o line

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nagy isn’t going anywhere and unfortunately I think Pace is staying too.

A proactive franchise would see this team is many, many pieces away from being a SB winner and fire Pace but they will continue to be a poor franchise.

Bring former Ravens GM Ozzie Newaome in for a conversation

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
This time next year Bears will have already clinched a playoff birth tbh

msadows

Liked Posts:
Tanking hard for Trevor Lawrence while recouping future draft picks is a viable strategy.

Until trevor lawrence is a bust and you end up being the fucking browns.

Good strategy.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tanking hard for Trevor Lawrence while recouping future draft picks is a viable strategy.

The Bears are a firmly established blob team. They have too much talent to lose enough for Lawrence. Even if Trubisky is subpar again it's hard to see them losing more than 9 games.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Bears are a firmly established blob team. They have too much talent to lose enough for Lawrence. Even if Trubisky is subpar again it's hard to see them losing more than 9 games.

Im nearly 100% confident that this team is cursed at the QB position.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Im nearly 100% confident that this team is cursed at the QB position.

It's not a curse. It's an issue of team culture starting with the Mccaskey's. The direction and focus has always been the defense. The Bears don't get super unlucky at the QB position and super lucky finding middle linebackers. They always have made their focus on the defense sadly.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Meh.

Thinking in a reasoned, measured, unemotional way, this is still one of the best defenses with a lot of guys either approaching or in their primes.

This is still the team that went 12-4.

It’s also the team that’s 7-7.

I would’ve be surprised by either prospect next year. If the offense makes even incremental growth, I can see a double digit-win year.

If they stagnate and Mack disappears again, I could see another 8-8 season.

I do think this season has shown they’re not Super Bowl contenders. But they are still playoff contenders.