Money laundering, black market weed and Julio Jones

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
As someone who invests in cannabis companies, black market dealers are fucking up the entire industry. They're costing investors money.
Maybe pull your money out ? I don't blame farmers. At all.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Maybe pull your money out ? I don't blame farmers. At all.

Why would I pull my money out ahead of legalization in this and other countries? I've held for 3 years and I will hold for many more, this is the ground floor of a multi-billion dollar industry. But we do need to pull consumers away from the black market and toward the legal market

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Why would I pull my money out ahead of legalization in this and other countries? I've held for 3 years and I will hold for many more, this is the ground floor of a multi-billion dollar industry. But we do need to pull consumers away from the black market and toward the legal market
What stocks are you in? I started looking at a few in 2018 when tilray took off

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I invested in Aphria ahead of Canadian legalization, they did a reverse merger with Tilray. I'm holding 1000 shares.
Yeah I know tilray took off again in January. I kind of expect them to shoot up again at some point in the next few years

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah I know tilray took off again in January. I kind of expect them to shoot up again at some point in the next few years

Me too. Shorts are all over it right now but they just posted great earnings and nothing but good catalysts ahead. I think the share price will grow factors of 5 or 10 eventually, as legalization in the U.S. and Germany draws nearer to reality

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Me too. Shorts are all over it right now but they just posted great earnings and nothing but good catalysts ahead. I think the share price will grow factors of 5 or 10 eventually, as legalization in the U.S. and Germany draws nearer to reality
My cousin seems to think us legalization won't be huge for tilray because they are a Canadian company and there are a couple US up and coming companies which one will eventually dominate the market. But because it's illegal you can't invest in those companies yet...I don't fully understand all the details behind these things

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
My cousin seems to think us legalization won't be huge for tilray because they are a Canadian company and there are a couple US up and coming companies which one will eventually dominate the market. But because it's illegal you can't invest in those companies yet...I don't fully understand all the details behind these things

A lot of people thnk this but Tilray has been positioning itself for U.S. access for a while. Aphria bought Sweet Water brewery, which is based in Atlanta, GA. And Tilray already had Manitoba Harvest which has access to 14,000 retail stores in the U.S. Tilray also has a partnership with Anheuser-Busch, and a growing facility and access to thousands of pharmacies in Germany. So shareholders will benefit from legalization in two countries with gigantic markets.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
A lot of people thnk this but Tilray has been positioning itself for U.S. access for a while. Aphria bought Sweet Water brewery, which is based in Atlanta, GA. And Tilray already had Manitoba Harvest which has access to 14,000 retail stores in the U.S. Tilray also has a partnership with Anheuser-Busch, and a growing facility and access to thousands of pharmacies in Germany. So shareholders will benefit from legalization in two countries with gigantic markets.
You know much about NBEV? I was into them for a bit

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
You know much about NBEV? I was into them for a bit

Yeah it's been on my watchlist for a while but I can't say I know a whole lot about the company. They seem like they're only tangentially related to the cannabis industry, like they don't actually grow or sell any cannabis. But they have cannabis beverage brands. I think anything around $1 for NBEV is a decent buy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the companies you invest in think they can just charge whatever they want and disregard a competitive black market they have another thing coming.

Anyone can grow at home...and dispensaries provide a service. Its short sided to tax so heavily that legal companies can't even threaten the already strong black market.

I guess you will have to continue the war on drugs to force people to pay your prices.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
As someone who invests in cannabis companies, black market dealers are fucking up the entire industry. They're costing investors money.
you should have expected that to happen before you bought in

regulation always drives the price, up which means that the black market will have a place to operate

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
If the companies you invest in think they can just charge whatever they want and disregard a competitive black market they have another thing coming.

Anyone can grow at home...and dispensaries provide a service. Its short sided to tax so heavily that legal companies can't even threaten the already strong black market.

I guess you will have to continue the war on drugs to force people to pay your prices.

Taxes are definitely a problem, and it's going to get even worse when it's federally legalized and they want theirs. Right now in Illinois you're paying $50 in taxes on a $200 purchase if you don't have a medical card. That's insanely high. I'm a libertarian anyway on this kind of thing but this, in effect, is a tax on the poor. Because the poor are the ones most likely to miss an extra $50 they could've spent on food or gas. The rich don't care about higher taxes on consumer goods.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Money laundering?..This could get political real fast...lol
are your politics based in racial prejudice or science? Ever heard of neuroplasticity? It means if you study the brain genetics don't matter much, you are probably an idiot just because of your banal experiences(including full Special person media) and habits of choice.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
are your politics based in racial prejudice or science? Ever heard of neuroplasticity? It means if you study the brain genetics don't matter much, you are probably an idiot just because of your banal experiences(including full Special person media) and habits of choice.
if all you have are insults, speak to others

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if all you have are insults, speak to others
Like you think you would have the slightest hope with me in a logical argument? Why don't we try?

What are you angry about today Boomer?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taxes are definitely a problem, and it's going to get even worse when it's federally legalized and they want theirs. Right now in Illinois you're paying $50 in taxes on a $200 purchase if you don't have a medical card. That's insanely high. I'm a libertarian anyway on this kind of thing but this, in effect, is a tax on the poor. Because the poor are the ones most likely to miss an extra $50 they could've spent on food or gas. The rich don't care about higher taxes on consumer goods.
Taxes on the product are only a small part of the problem towards profitability of the cannibus industry. I can only speak to what it is like in my state, but as a contractor that has had a hand in the building of some of these facilities, the regulations, inspections, employee screening, all that just to get them open is full of red tape and unnecessary delays and mind blowingly high start up costs. Add in the fact that shipping the product is still a nightmare, and cannot be transported across state lines, black market will continue to thrive for many many years, and too date, legalization has actually helped it.