Montgomery, 3 firsts and a 2nd for an unhappy Russell Wilson ?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
More Russell Wilson unhappy reports coming out. There’s a chance that Russ could be the big name traded this off season instead of Watson. It seems like Pete Caroll wants to go back to 90s footbaw instead of letting his elite QB drop back 40 times.

What would be a fair offer to get a player that can change the trajectory of the organization for 10 years?

Rise

Liked Posts:
He is 32, I don’t know about 10 years, not everyone plays forever, though it is becoming more and more common. Watson being 25 makes it easier to trade out 3 years of picks, I think I’d go 2 1sts and 1 2nd for Wilson as long as they take some money back.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No thank you

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
All these trade ideas are complete pipe dreams, bears aren’t trading for Russ and Seahawks arent making him available, give me a break.

if there’s ever an off season someone of that caliber could be traded it’s this one

pnch40

Liked Posts:
How about you take a little less money to invest in an offensive line. It’s investing in your health Russ. Him crying makes zero sense to me.

Fat no on getting him. Too many miles. Look elsewhere.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why would they want Montgomery? They already have capable backs

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I swear some on this board don’t research and only read the headline.

Wilson is frustrated that his Oline sucks. The Bears Oline also sucks. Like Watson, Wilson has a no-trade clause in his contract for at least the 2021 season.

Why would he agree to come to Chicago who has a very unstable Oline?

END OF THREAD!

mecha

Liked Posts:
in other words use your heads and stop with the knee jerk emotional reactions.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
We have gotten nothing out of 1st round picks for years and years. What would it matter if we even gave up 3 firsts .. we would contend for NFC North title every year for next 7 years.. maybe not more than winning division but id take a few years of that

Last edited:

Perspective

Liked Posts:
More Russell Wilson unhappy reports coming out. There’s a chance that Russ could be the big name traded this off season instead of Watson. It seems like Pete Caroll wants to go back to 90s footbaw instead of letting his elite QB drop back 40 times.

What would be a fair offer to get a player that can change the trajectory of the organization for 10 years?
Pls stop ... no org is trading Watson or Wilson ....

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I swear some on this board don’t research and only read the headline.

Wilson is frustrated that his Oline sucks. The Bears Oline also sucks. Like Watson, Wilson has a no-trade clause in his contract for at least the 2021 season.

Why would he agree to come to Chicago who has a very unstable Oline?

END OF THREAD!

It’s not just that. The Seahawks fired their offensive coordinator who was probably the most pass-heavy coordinator he’s ever had. The Seahawks have two great receivers and a great QB and he wants to pass the ball not hand it off 25-30 times. And yeah he’s also mad about the offensive line stuff.

If there’s a 1k thread about Watson there should be some posts about Wilson, a better player. Neither of them are realistic but I feel like a name will be moved this off-season that people don’t expect

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Also after they got Coward out of the games, the offensive line is really NOT that bad lol it’s such a played out argument. Or am I to understand that when Monty sucks the offensive line is solely responsible but when he ends on 8 game tear it’s all him right? Offensive line didn’t do shit?

Anyways I just had to point that out, I don’t actually think the Bears can get Russ either but a man can dream

mecha

Liked Posts:
Also after they got Coward out of the games, the offensive line is really NOT that bad lol it’s such a played out argument. Or am I to understand that when Monty sucks the offensive line is solely responsible but when he ends on 8 game tear it’s all him right? Offensive line didn’t do shit?

Anyways I just had to point that out, I don’t actually think the Bears can get Russ either but a man can dream

yes, the offensive line improved by way of that addition by subtraction gimmick. kind of makes you wonder what's up with the talent evaluation process when the better players (ironically for once) were on the bench. or maybe one came from practice squad too? also someone shared some stats on Leno that he, statistically, was nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be. but Massie might still be an area of weakness. to your point, I don't think you need to blow 2 high picks on new tackles in 1 draft. I don't know the terms of the tackles' contracts, or how much money they're getting.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wilson isn't getting traded.

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
All these trade ideas are complete pipe dreams, bears aren’t trading for Russ and Seahawks arent making him available, give me a break.

Russ is also starting to show signs of some wear and tear, especially on his knees. He doesn't have the wheels he used to when he was in his mid 20's. He is also getting kinda chunky, AND is streaky af. He is not in Watson's class RIGHT NOW as a QB; no way would I give up a King's Ransom for him, esp with our sh*tty OL. Part of the reason why he is unhappy in Seattle is the beating he has taken behind their patchwork, mediocre OL's......and he would want to come HERE?! lol.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Most of these rumours are put out there to try to push internal discussions or renegotiate deals. Trades of this magnitude for QBs are very rare.