hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rank
David Montgomery

David Montgomery
Chicago Bears · Third season
2020 stats: 15 games | 247 att | 1,070 rush yds | 4.3 ypc | 8 rush TDs | 54 rec | 438 rec yds | 2 rec TDs

Montgomery came on strong late last season, rushing for nearly 600 yards and seven touchdowns over the final six games to finish fifth in the league in rushing yards. If the Bears are to return to the playoffs in 2021, they'll need a strong running game to help the quarterback (whoever that may be) and the defense. Montgomery has all the tools to pick up right where he left off and prove he's one of the better young runners in the league.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
MJD is an idiot, but those are decent rankings. The top 8 are pretty decently above Montgomery if I'm being completely unbiased. Mixon and Jacobs were bad in 2020, but Monty wasn't good in 2019. Taylor and Dobbins need to have 1 more good year (Dobbins getting bulk of the carries this year). I understand them being ahead right now, but they gotta show more to stay there IMO. Akers, Gibson and Swift are the only ones behind Monty that I think could potentially pass him if they have dominant years but don't see it. Montgomery could squeak into that top 10 after 2021.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i have jacobs in a keeper league and was all excited when he had a big game in the opener last year but watched several games where I wasn't all that impressed and would trade him in a heartbeat

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i have jacobs in a keeper league and was all excited when he had a big game in the opener last year but watched several games where I wasn't all that impressed and would trade him in a heartbeat

It was an extraordinary bad decision by Gruden. At the time he compared him to Charlie Garner, which is a fucking awful comp. He plays nothing like Garner

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
13th best RB in the league, 3rd highest paid RB on the Bears.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think the only thing holding back Monty from having another top 5 season is Nagy or injury. I'm actually expecting him to have a good year, and I hope they lean on him and the other RBs early in the year.

Dalton needs play action to slow down the pass rush and Fields is a rookie. Most successful rookies have a good run game to help bring them along. Jenkins is a mauler and the interior line will hopefully be solid.

I'll go back to my original thought that, while everything points towards the team setting up to run the ball better, Nagy still needs to call the damn plays, with the right players for the right situation in order for the run game to improve.

No more sweep plays with a WR, from the 5 yard line, to the short side of the field with Graham as the Lead blocker......please, Nagy!!!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And for a cheap 3rd round pick, I think you take that all day long.

If Jacobs was special, sure take him there. But he's just another guy that needs a dominant line like he had in 2019 and like what he had at UA in college

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think these rankings are pretty fair. I do think Chris Carson and Roheem Masterton were knocked down a bit much because of injury problems and view both are top 10 backs when healthy.

Just dont let the resident Packer fan see these rankings. He gonna argue how disrespected Aaron Jones is at #8 lolz!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
And for a cheap 3rd round pick, I think you take that all day long.
They did trade up too tho...basically lost a 4th rounder.

Did Monty warrant a 3rd and a 4th for his production??

New England → Chicago (D). New England traded this third-round selection and a sixth-round selection (73rd and 205th) to Chicago in exchange for Chicago's third- and fifth-round selections (87th and 162nd) as well as a 2020 fourth-round selection.[Trade 1]

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think these rankings are pretty fair. I do think Chris Carson and Roheem Masterton were knocked down a bit much because of injury problems and view both are top 10 backs when healthy.

Just dont let the resident Packer fan see these rankings. He gonna argue how disrespected Aaron Jones is at #8 lolz!
Chris Carson you can make an argument for as a top 10 back. But Roheem Masterton???? That dude should be in the HOF already.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
MJD is an idiot, but those are decent rankings. The top 8 are pretty decently above Montgomery if I'm being completely unbiased. Mixon and Jacobs were bad in 2020, but Monty wasn't good in 2019. Taylor and Dobbins need to have 1 more good year (Dobbins getting bulk of the carries this year). I understand them being ahead right now, but they gotta show more to stay there IMO. Akers, Gibson and Swift are the only ones behind Monty that I think could potentially pass him if they have dominant years but don't see it. Montgomery could squeak into that top 10 after 2021.
I think Akers (as long as he stays healthy) and Gibson will have great years this year but jury still out on just how good Swift will be IMO.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They did trade up too tho...basically lost a 4th rounder.

Did Monty warrant a 3rd and a 4th for his production??

New England → Chicago (D). New England traded this third-round selection and a sixth-round selection (73rd and 205th) to Chicago in exchange for Chicago's third- and fifth-round selections (87th and 162nd) as well as a 2020 fourth-round selection.[Trade 1]

No. Pace should have dumped JHoward for that 3rd rounder when they offered.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Akers (as long as he stays healthy) and Gibson will have great years this year but jury still out on just how good Swift will be IMO.

Swift is a good running back. Jury isn't out on that one

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Sounds about right. He's somewhere between replacement level and slightly above replacement level in my view.