Mooney done for the year

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I had to have reconstructive ankle surgery in 2009. I do not wish that on anyone. I tore the ligament in my foot/ankle in 3 spots so I feel his pain. I just hope there wasn't anything wrong with his Achilles, no matter how minor it might be. The Achilles part of the surgery was the most painful of the whole thing and took me a solid 2 years to trust my foot again post-reconstructive surgery. So hopefully it's just the ligaments and nothing with his Achilles.

Sounds real serious.
What happened why u needed the surgery? How did u get injured?

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
After 3 years, what would you give up for him?

A 5th?

Eh…at least a 3rd I would imagine. He has a 1k yard season under his belt. Claypool can’t say the same and he fetched a 2nd. I think a 3rd for Mooney is about right. I’d likely hang onto him if that’s his value

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I had to have reconstructive ankle surgery in 2009. I do not wish that on anyone. I tore the ligament in my foot/ankle in 3 spots so I feel his pain. I just hope there wasn't anything wrong with his Achilles, no matter how minor it might be. The Achilles part of the surgery was the most painful of the whole thing and took me a solid 2 years to trust my foot again post-reconstructive surgery. So hopefully it's just the ligaments and nothing with his Achilles.

First of all....sorry to hear about what u went through.

What I meant is how did u tear the ligament in your foot/ankle in 3 spots ? What happened to u that caused such a
serious painful injury? Maybe we can all learn something.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe Chase C can step up. Hopefully....at some point , Mooney can bounce back after surgery without any lingering effects.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh…at least a 3rd I would imagine. He has a 1k yard season under his belt. Claypool can’t say the same and he fetched a 2nd. I think a 3rd for Mooney is about right. I’d likely hang onto him if that’s his value
No one is giving up a 3rd round pick for Darnell Mooney - especially now that he's injured.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hate to see it especially when he is going into his final year next year. Probably rules out extending him this offseason unless it is a really team friendly deal as I suspect this drives down his value until he can prove he can bounce back from this.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
What kind of miserable son of a bitch would dislike this post? @dongbears
He's not disliking the content just the guy who posted it. I get it. When you're 12 and someone criticizes you, you hate him forever no matter what. Someday the dude may grow up and move on but I don't hold much hope for that. Maybe dong will have some kind of an epiphany. I hope so for his sake.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
This is most upsetting.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It's very unfortunate as it would've been nice to see how Mooney and Claypool looked together down the final stretch once Claypool is fully onboard in the new system to better understand what next steps for WR room needs to be. Here's hoping he can get back in time for the offseason program.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just heard on 670 the score that Mooney's heel bone is only being held onto the rest of his foot by his skin.
Holy fuck.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's very unfortunate as it would've been nice to see how Mooney and Claypool looked together down the final stretch once Claypool is fully onboard in the new system to better understand what next steps for WR room needs to be. Here's hoping he can get back in time for the offseason program.

Yep. That’s the real issue, how much off-season does he miss? If it’s serious enough does he miss camp or the start of the season? Is it something that takes him two years to truly be back to 100%? Hopefully the Bears actually let us know how serious it is but they probably won’t, so we will be speculating all off-season.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Really unfortunate for Mooney. On a positive note, hopefully this gives Claypool/Pringle/VJJ some more run to evaluate them. Especially Pringle. He was the player I feel like most people were most excited about, but injuries have derailed his season.