Mooney vs. Anthony Miller

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
At this point, it's starting to look like Mooney is going to lead to the phasing out of Miller. Miller's inconsistency with drops and ad-libbing his routes just hasn't smoothed out over the years.

Mooney is more sudden out of his breaks to get better separation, and he attacks the ball in the air. He plays like he's broke. He's playing much more in the way Miller claimed he would play...and appeared to play at Memphis.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Miller will still make some plays but Mooney has much better hands. With Mooney on the field, it should help make it easier for Miller to find some holes on the defense. Wims has always been underrated to me and is good to see him making some plays out there on the field (passing and blocking). We do need to start getting the ball quicker to Mooney and letting him making some plays with his speed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Miller obviously had a bad game last week and we knew when we drafted him that his biggest negative was that he'll drop some balls but the guy can still ball out when he's having a good hands day. They also play different positions so there's plenty of room for both Miller and Mooney playing together with ARob.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller will still make some plays but Mooney has much better hands. With Mooney on the field, it should help make it easier for Miller to find some holes on the defense. Wims has always been underrated to me and is good to see him making some plays out there on the field (passing and blocking). We do need to start getting the ball quicker to Mooney and letting him making some plays with his speed.

Mitch needs to find his outlet and dump it fast. Between Cohen and Mooney, they only need a little bit of space to make people miss. Waiting and waiting is what will kill their YAC.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Miller obviously had a bad game last week and we knew when we drafted him that his biggest negative was that he'll drop some balls but the guy can still ball out when he's having a good hands day. They also play different positions so there's plenty of room for both Miller and Mooney playing together with ARob.

DING DING DING.

This is like the 2nd thread in a week about this topic.

Mooney isn't the backup slot, he's the backup to Ginn(Hell might be starter, now). Wims is actually the backup slot, and yes, he's been stealing reps from miller too.

Miller is getting less play time because we're utilizing more 2 TE sets and the fullback more. Jimmy Graham is taking snaps from miller, not mooney.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
DING DING DING.

Mooney isn't the backup slot, he's the backup to Ginn(Hell might be starter, now). Wims is actually the backup slot, and yes, he's been stealing reps from miller too.

Miller is getting less play time because we're utilizing more 2 TE sets and the fullback more. Jimmy Graham is taking snaps from miller, not mooney.
Give it time, and I’m sure a Mooney will be playing some in the slot as well. I look for it to happen this season sometime.

Also, I believe Wims is an outside WR, not the slot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jimmy Graham is taking snaps from miller, not mooney.
Actually Millers offensive snap % was unchanged (+2%) from WK 1 to W2 as were the TE group (-3%). Mooney's snaps come from the fact of no Ted Ginn.

1600971405855.png 1600971361177.png 1600971603966.png1600971558712.png

Attachments

• 1600971506022.png
    1600971506022.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 1

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Give it time, and I’m sure a Mooney will be playing some in the slot as well. I look for it to happen this season sometime.

Also, I believe Wims is an outside WR, not the slot.
They have Wims in the slot for the size mismatch in redzone packages.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
DING DING DING.

I was going to say that. Between Graham, Kmet and Harris (for his stellar blocking) we've got options at TE which lends to the run game that appears to the foundation of the offense. Miller is just going to have fewer chances to get on the field period. He better pick it up if he wants to be a sizable part of this offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point, it's starting to look like Mooney is going to lead to the phasing out of Miller. Miller's inconsistency with drops and ad-libbing his routes just hasn't smoothed out over the years.

Mooney is more sudden out of his breaks to get better separation, and he attacks the ball in the air. He plays like he's broke. He's playing much more in the way Miller claimed he would play...and appeared to play at Memphis.

Not only that. Go ahead and re-watch the tape and you will see a scrawny wide receiver being more effective blocking than big ass fatties who are supposed to specialize in blocking. Mooney is giving 110% effort every time he is given snaps on the field and I do believe the coaches are noticing this, rewarding him with more snaps.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Miller is turning out to be a complete disappointment. He wasn’t worth the trade-up in the 2nd round.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction to one bad game. In his 3rd season we should be seeing the reason Pace traded a 2nd and 4th round picks to grab him.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I like Mooney and I like Miller. Honestly, though, this thread is premature af. I know Bears fans are among the quickest to turn their back on a player, but Miller isn't being replaced after two games.

But hey, any extra snaps for Mooney is great. He is proving himself to be more NFL ready than his contemporaries. I mean, it was a stacked draft for WRs, but this guy is playing like he should have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Keep this up and we got ourselves a steal.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Miller is turning out to be a complete disappointment. He wasn’t worth the trade-up in the 2nd round.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction to one bad game. In his 3rd season we should be seeing the reason Pace traded a 2nd and 4th round picks to grab him.

Been saying Miller is meh all offseason. He's shown nothing in his 2 previous seasons to think he could be anything besides a meh #3 option.

The guy flashes every so often, but really, the only thing he's been good at thus far is running the wrong route.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like Mooney and I like Miller. Honestly, though, this thread is premature af. I know Bears fans are among the quickest to turn their back on a player, but Miller isn't being replaced after two games.

But hey, any extra snaps for Mooney is great. He is proving himself to be more NFL ready than his contemporaries. I mean, it was a stacked draft for WRs, but this guy is playing like he should have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Keep this up and we got ourselves a steal.

Mooney is a much better blocker than miller. Who knows if the shoulder is the reason why(doubt it).

Seems like the bears are playing Miller a lot less due to that alone.

I posted this last year:

"
Miller is in his 2nd year, and still has no clue how to properly run his route tree. He tries to one hand too many passes."

Now he's in his 3rd year, and still has no clue how to properly run his route tree, and still tries to one hand passes.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Mooney is a much better blocker than miller. Who knows if the shoulder is the reason why(doubt it).

Seems like the bears are playing Miller a lot less due to that alone.

I posted this last year:

"
Miller is in his 2nd year, and still has no clue how to properly run his route tree. He tries to one hand too many passes."

Now he's in his 3rd year, and still has no clue how to properly run his route tree, and still tries to one hand passes.
Miller was trusted enough to get the game winning TD in Week 1.

Two weeks into the season is way to early to assert that Miller is getting phased out. I agree that Miller attempts to catch it one handed too often, and I also would say that Mooney gives more effort than any WR we have on roster right now. Dude straight up flies. But judgment on Miller's future at this point is premature.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm sorry but 2 years for a WR to show very little on the field makes me sour on him very quickly. Especially when coaches keep saying he isn't doing his job or running his route as called. WRs are a dime a dozen and its not like Miller has played well enough to be even remotely irreplaceable.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
For a walk-on player...MILLER will be fine! that type of drop he had in wk2, happens to the lots of them.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Miller is finally doing everything right... other than stuff you can't teach or improve significantly like speed and hands. He should be used more on things like slants or quick throws as he gets to a DB and makes his move, find gaps in zones etc. This run to the outside, beat the db to the ball stuff is probably better served by Mooney.