More and More, its seeming like the league knows Nagy's scheme is shit.

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
I don't understand how Nagy can totally miss on something like this. Yes, faking the run is part of play action. More importantly the run needs to look exactly like the previous successful run. Nagy could run multiple formations and run out of them. However, if he lines up in a random formation that we never run out of, clearly we aren't really running. He can't be that big of an idiot can he?

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Per Alex Brown on you tube, the play action is not going to fool anyone if you change personnel like taking out Herbert and putting in Nall. Nothing against Nall but everyone on defense knows he is not going to run the ball.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
It would be interesting to be able to see what Nagy sees, or thinks he sees. We all sit here and KNOW what’s coming and that it won’t work, but he keeps doing it. Somewhere in that visored head he has to think it’s gonna happen, I just don’t get it.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Per Alex Brown on you tube, the play action is not going to fool anyone if you change personnel like taking out Herbert and putting in Nall. Nothing against Nall but everyone on defense knows he is not going to run the ball.
That happens because Herbert is a rookie and can't figure out his blocking assignments yet.

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
Don't mean to sound rude. Just trying to figure out the 'WHY' our offense has been so bad for at least 3 years. Is it due to scheme, play design, use of personnel or because we have a rookie running back who can't figure out his blocking assignments?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Don't mean to sound rude. Just trying to figure out the 'WHY' our offense has been so bad for at least 3 years. Is it due to scheme, play design, use of personnel or because we have a rookie running back who can't figure out his blocking assignments?
People on this board tend to primarily blame the coach, because it is an easy cop out answer that doesn't involve a lot of thought and analysis on each play.

People need to think more and react less.

Why would a coach remove our best running back on some plays that require picking up the right block?
- Perhaps it is because our rookie running back in his first start isn't ready to pick up blocks yet.

Why are we not running more play action?
- Perhaps it is because Fields is still going to deep in the pocket to run it effectively, and waiting to long to throw the ball when receivers are open.

Why are we not running more routes over the middle?
- Perhaps it is because Fields has not been throwing to them when they are open.

A rookie QB and previous bad QB play can kill any scheme. THis is the same scheme KC runs and they are a top 3 offense. SO we know it isn't the scheme that is the issue.

Is it how the plays are being called and when they are called?
- I think some of the times this is an issue. Nagy tends to not go for field goals. So when it is 3rd and 13 and he needs 5 yards to get a field goal, he calls plays that go for first downs. So rookie QB gets sacked instead.

Is it that we have had QB's who can't run the scheme?
- When Mitch was here, yes he couldn't run the scheme. HE wasn't making correct reads and when he did make them he was too often inaccurate.

Right now I say the issue is a combination of inefficient QB play and inconsistent play calling. Mix that in with some bad oline play and receivers 3-5 that can't get open and we have a big problem.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
A rookie QB and previous bad QB play can kill any scheme. THis is the same scheme KC runs and they are a top 3 offense. SO we know it isn't the scheme that is the issue.

You mean the same KC scheme that when Nagy attempted to do the playcalling there resulted in them getting stomped and their offense getting smothered in the playoffs. Remember all the questions Nagy got when he got a head coaching gig right after flaming out with crap offensive production in the playoffs in KC? Plain and simple, Nagy has overwhelming evidence against him that he can't utilize the scheme, regardless of which coaching tree it comes from. He is not a good offensive coordinator when it comes to running a game plan efficiently. Good coaches run specific plays to set a defense up later or make note of queues a defense is making and come back and burn the other team later with a counter move. Good coaches scheme personnel mismatches regularly while balancing that with riding a hot hand when it is working, Nagy pulls personnel when something is working and never goes back to it and when is the last time you've seen some amazing mismatches schemed in that help the offense in the red zone for example. I'm done with Nagy and the lack of excuses from him. He is the common denominator in all the various failure modes.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
You mean the same KC scheme that when Nagy attempted to do the playcalling there resulted in them getting stomped and their offense getting smothered in the playoffs. Remember all the questions Nagy got when he got a head coaching gig right after flaming out with crap offensive production in the playoffs in KC? Plain and simple, Nagy has overwhelming evidence against him that he can't utilize the scheme, regardless of which coaching tree it comes from. He is not a good offensive coordinator when it comes to running a game plan efficiently. Good coaches run specific plays to set a defense up later or make note of queues a defense is making and come back and burn the other team later with a counter move. Good coaches scheme personnel mismatches regularly while balancing that with riding a hot hand when it is working, Nagy pulls personnel when something is working and never goes back to it and when is the last time you've seen some amazing mismatches schemed in that help the offense in the red zone for example. I'm done with Nagy and the lack of excuses from him. He is the common denominator in all the various failure modes.
You cherry picked what I said. Here is what I also said:

"Right now I say the issue is a combination of inefficient QB play and inconsistent play calling. Mix that in with some bad oline play and receivers 3-5 that can't get open and we have a big problem."

I am obviously putting some of this on play calling and Nagy. I am just not a blowhard mouth breather who thinks it is only on Nagy here.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People on this board tend to primarily blame the coach, because it is an easy cop out answer that doesn't involve a lot of thought and analysis on each play.

Why would a coach remove our best running back on some plays that require picking up the right block?
- Perhaps it is because our rookie running back in his first start isn't ready to pick up blocks yet.

Right now I say the issue is a combination of inefficient QB play and inconsistent play calling. Mix that in with some bad oline play and receivers 3-5 that can't get open and we have a big problem.
While that may be true and often is of rookie RBs the could make the argument that every time he does that he tips his hand that it clearly is NOT a run. So he might as well not run play action.

Your argument would hold much more water if we didn't see this with every single QB we've had on this team. Nagy hand picked Foles, Foles failed. Nagy had picked Andy Dalton, Dalton failed. Fields is struggling but it was expected.

Not to mention Foles was literally seen arguing with Nagy when Foles was trying to go no huddle because he had the defense on the ropes. Nagy IS the problem. We all know the Oline is not good (well, pretty good at run blocking). It is Nagy's job to bring out the most in this team. He has been an utter failure on the offensive side of the ball. We are not a good offense, we would be average at best. Nagy takes an average offense and makes it MUCH WORSE.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
You cherry picked what I said. Here is what I also said:

"Right now I say the issue is a combination of inefficient QB play and inconsistent play calling. Mix that in with some bad oline play and receivers 3-5 that can't get open and we have a big problem."

I am obviously putting some of this on play calling and Nagy. I am just not a blowhard mouth breather who thinks it is only on Nagy here.
Anyone who doesn't think at least 70% or more of the issues fall back in Nagy's lap as his fault are kidding themselves. We have rotated every other piece out around Nagy at this point (both coordinators, position coaches, multiple QBs, linemen, running backs, WRs, etc.) and somehow we continue to get the same offense who can't even glimpse getting out of the bottom 10 in nearly every category. It's time to swap out the one remaining piece that has overseen the debacle in Nagy because we've tried rotating all the pieces around him (and most of them are now hand picked by him) and we are seeing no change.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
While that may be true and often is of rookie RBs the could make the argument that every time he does that he tips his hand that it clearly is NOT a run. So he might as well not run play action.

Your argument would hold much more water if we didn't see this with every single QB we've had on this team. Nagy hand picked Foles, Foles failed. Nagy had picked Andy Dalton, Dalton failed. Fields is struggling but it was expected.

Not to mention Foles was literally seen arguing with Nagy when Foles was trying to go no huddle because he had the defense on the ropes. Nagy IS the problem. We all know the Oline is not good (well, pretty good at run blocking). It is Nagy's job to bring out the most in this team. He has been an utter failure on the offensive side of the ball. We are not a good offense, we would be average at best. Nagy takes an average offense and makes it MUCH WORSE.
We saw what happened with Foles. They couldn't block long enough to run the scheme. Not really Foles or Nagy's fault there.

With Dalton he didn't fail. Not sure why you would say that.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We saw what happened with Foles. They couldn't block long enough to run the scheme. Not really Foles or Nagy's fault there.

With Dalton he didn't fail. Not sure why you would say that.
14 pts, 206 yards passing ON 38 ATTEMPTS is a failure
1 TD in 50 passing attempts.......failure
5.4 yards per attempt.......failure

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

- Perhaps it is because Fields is still going to deep in the pocket to run it effectively, and waiting to long to throw the ball when receivers are open.

- Perhaps it is because Fields has not been throwing to them when they are open.

- I think some of the times this is an issue. Nagy tends to not go for field goals. So when it is 3rd and 13 and he needs 5 yards to get a field goal, he calls plays that go for first downs. So rookie QB gets sacked instead.

- When Mitch was here, yes he couldn't run the scheme. HE wasn't making correct reads and when he did make them he was too often inaccurate.

Ok Mrs Nagy - you can go away now.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

That's just it, and its what's so crazy about JP crying poor about how "Oh, how poor coach nagy gets all this unjust blame!"

FIVE different quarterbacks of various ability.
TWO different offensive line coaches during his tenure.
MULTIPLE running backs in his scheme.
And in those 5 years, with different players AND different personnel at various times, we average less than 20 points a game.

There is no one left to blame BUT the coach! There's no where to hide any more!

And that even with that JP still carries Nagy's water - its ridiculous.

Our head coach is bad, and he's going to be fired at the end of the year...

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:

Nagy has had a former all pro and veteran Qb in Dalton, a former Superbowl MVP in Foles and two first round draft picks at qb. it is all Nagy

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
This week, the Bucs (are you guys happy) are top of the League in run defense and bottom of the League in Pass defense. I'm not sure if that is because Brady is so efficient on offense that it forces teams to throw the ball to catch up or if they are really built that way.

This would be the week that the Bears stay with the run game too long, and fail to attack the areas where they have struggled...

I have zero faith in Nagy having a proper game plan or being able to make adjustment, so play action formations, are likely Nagy's tell, but will not be the reason we lose to the Bucs...
Nagy will run it non stop because attacking their weaknesses is exactly what they will expect us to do. He’s so clever, on a different plane of existence.

Everything is a misdirection, his offense is even so bad that it’s genius. I can feel my brain exploding into millions of tiny pieces just trying to think about it.

Last edited: