More Coaches Join Flores Lawsuit

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really don't see how staying put and drafting Rosen instead of Allen is some kind of indictment. Teams mess up picks all the time

I think his point is the white GM was incompetent and had off the field issues yet was extended while Wilks was fired. I mean if true it basically means they fired Wilks because the drunk white GM chose the wrong QB.

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Wilks has a tough claim. He went 3-13. The last Arizona coach to do the same was fired mid-season. Arizona has had two 3 win seasons in the last 60 years.

I think that the coordinator coaches who never got a shot at head coach (but yet had similar credentials) generally have a better claim than the coaches who were eventually hired as a head coach but were not successful.

The successful cases of gender and racial discrimination usually happen because you can show a disproportionate number of people getting promoted and a disproportionate number of people getting passed over with very similar credentials. Walmart got bit pretty badly because they were able to show the number of men getting promoted versus the number of women, and it was such a large number over a long period of time that statistically it would not have happened had every candidate been on equal footing.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is all just victim mentality in hindsight. Plenty of fired coaches probably feel there were things that didn't go their way during their tenure. Just look at the fact Wilks was fired midseason in year 1 from Mizzou after multiple dreadful defensive outings this past year. He simply has underperformed as a head coach.

Sorry, but Wilks was in year 1. Keim was in his 5th year as GM and 19th year in the orginization. Keim had hired Arians and had a successful run with him. Wilks taking Arian's teams and going 3-13 was an indictment on himself.

Also, is it really racists to follow a procedure that was put in place with the intention of giving minorities coaching opportunities? I get it doesn't work 100% of the time, but it was a response by the NFL to solve a problem. You have to give them credit for making attempt. But reality is, like any other high stakes position in the world, some teams already have a successor in place. They've been grooming a young assistant or have kept their eyes on a high performing coach that has shown success elsewhere. They've already made up their mind. Is it really "racist" for them to go ahead and hire that person?

I really don't see jury 100% going along with these accusations. Sure some of these coaches didn't get their way and not everything went into their favor. But their are many white coaches with the same story. It's part of a cut throat business. Someone has to take the blame. The whole truth isn't always public.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think his point is the white GM was incompetent and had off the field issues yet was extended while Wilks was fired. I mean if true it basically means they fired Wilks because the drunk white GM chose the QB.
We see that pace still has a job. Sure he was never an embarrassment in his personal life. But clearly a shitty football guy. Yet he bounces back right away. If poles were to get fired in a few years he prob never be involved in football again. Nfl has a big problem.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Seems like guys who are bitter because they sucked and got fired, and are now acting like spoiled little kids who can’t let it go…
Like pace sucked and you defending him. And as bad as he was he gets another job to be shitty at. Nothing to see here cause visionless man thinks he’s good

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wilks has a tough claim. He went 3-13. The last Arizona coach to do the same was fired mid-season. Arizona has had two 3 win seasons in the last 60 years.

I think that the coordinator coaches who never got a shot at head coach (but yet had similar credentials) generally have a better claim than the coaches who were eventually hired as a head coach but were not successful.

The successful cases of gender and racial discrimination usually happen because you can show a disproportionate number of people getting promoted and a disproportionate number of people getting passed over with very similar credentials. Walmart got bit pretty badly because they were able to show the number of men getting promoted versus the number of women, and it was such a large number over a long period of time that statistically it would not have happened had every candidate been on equal footing.

It was the first year of a rebuild and he was saddled with a shitty roster and a QB that was so shitty they literally used the No 1 pick to replace after just one year.

So unless your argument is the Cards had a talented enough team then it is pretty unprecedented they fired him after one year because the drunk white GM fucked up the QB pick.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

More Coaches Join Flores Lawsuit​

These guys better not turn p@**y and "settle". All this needs to be taken to discovery. Ya wanna see full exposure.
They will say it’s about the principle, but they’ll take the money and run. Watch…

Then that means indirect complicity with everything these guys have allegedly been fighting against. And I'd call them out every chance I got.
Accepting a $ettlement means "just take the money and be quiet", while it's back to business as usual in the NFL. ?