More concerned with secondary than Oline.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I've seen and read all the concerns and hype with the oline and injuries. In my opinion, I think once the season starts the Oline will be fine. My major concern is the CB position. I think Johnson had a great rookie year, but he's no Fuller. He was a "side piece" that Pace fell in love with and left his wife for. We are banking on our D line bringing pressure to minimize our secondaries lack of a true #1. If we don't get more pressure than last year, we might be getting carved up.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've seen and read all the concerns and hype with the oline and injuries. In my opinion, I think once the season starts the Oline will be fine. My major concern is the CB position. I think Johnson had a great rookie year, but he's no Fuller. He was a "side piece" that Pace fell in love with and left his wife for. We are banking on our D line bringing pressure to minimize our secondaries lack of a true #1. If we don't get more pressure than last year, we might be getting carved up.
The pressure will be intense, this d line is looking the best it has looked in years according to all reports.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think Tomorrow will tell alot. Miami has a solid WR corp.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that will be an issue, but then again, if your pass rush is strong (which is should be) that can hide a lot of talent gaps in the secondary.

With the OL if it's bad then nothing on offense works. You can only use scheme/smoke and mirrors so long until you can't run or pass to the level of efficiency needed to win games.

I'd add, if the O gets a lot of 3 and outs, then the D gets tired, specifically the DL, then any secondary gets exposed. For you guys the team that worries me the most is the Vikings. Their DL should be good enough to give you problems and with Cook they can wear down your DL. IMHO those should be two wins in the schedule for the Bears. Based on matchups I'm seeing they might have an edge.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think by regular season the Oline will be good. Might not be all pro but solid. Our middle three are good as weve had in a long tyme. No doubt we have some questions but the backups at tackle have some NFL experience. Now on yhe other hand, the secondary is thinnnnn!! We don't have one proven # 1 on our team. Kyle Fuller had us spoiled for a long tyme. He is a top 5 CB. Dont see anyone close to his caliber on the team.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm more concerned with the OL and pass rush than i am the secondary. If the OL can do their jobs and convert on 3rd downs, you defense stays off the field. Then if your pass rush struggles, your secondary gets torn apart regardless.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Also think our run game will be drastically improved and utilized more efficiently. That will take a ton of pressure off the line and translate into longer drives.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm concerned with both.

If the front 7 can get the kind of pressure this they should when looking at the players we have on paper then we should be alright in the secondary but the great QB's will still do their thing against them.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
We made sacrifices on defense in favor of the offense. If the D line is as good as it can be and the offense can carry it's own weight (finally), it'll be worth the sacrifices in the defensive backfield.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Shit, tomorrow is huge man. Same way we will be evaluating Feilds. If we see some issues at any position tomorrow its gonna be an issue.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Tomorrow won't tell anything. We won't truly know until we see what they do their first 2-3 games in the regular season.
You have the same approach for 10 year rebuilds, dork.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We made sacrifices on defense in favor of the offense. If the D line is as good as it can be and the offense can carry it's own weight (finally), it'll be worth the sacrifices in the defensive backfield.
That's the hope, the worry is how Nagy has been coaching up to this point where once the Bears get a lead they don't care as much about adding onto that lead because he would rather put the pressure on his defense to keep teams from gaining the lead on us. If he wants to be more of an offensive team and he understands the defense isn't one of the top 5-8 in the league and the defense will give up points to other teams especially the top QB's/Offenses then he's gonna have to learn to keep trying to score on every play no matter how much we're up by and stop becoming so conservative.

Can't think it would be too hard for an offensive HC to wanna score as much as possible so we'll see.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Shit, tomorrow is huge man. Same way we will be evaluating Feilds. If we see some issues at any position tomorrow its gonna be an issue.
I don't totally agree but maybe i just don't put as much of how i think a team/player will be off of what i see in preseason as you do.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Preseason is vanilla play calling. Tomorrow is not huge, it’s just another step getting ready for the regular season