More Gaming Opinions

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
So once again Im debating wtf to get when I finally say to hell with it and buy a new game. Aside the Lego Series, Im in debate with myself on two sports titles, though theyre on the PS2. Theres NBA 2K? 11, where its with Jordan. The other is MLB 2010 The Show? i believe. Now Im not a big fan of either compared to the NFL. But Ive been really tempted in trying a NBA title. MLB Ive played long ago (discluding mobile) and enjoyed it as well, tho on the PS1 lol. Any opinions on either?

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now on the Wii... it was 10 bucks, so probably really shitty. I cant remember the damn name though. It was in black and white, apparently your a character in a violent game show. And you use the enviroment, and if I saw right, the blood graphics was in red despite everything being in black and white. That ring a bell with anyone?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Wii game was probably MadWorld.

As for 2k11 or The Show, I would go with 2k11, but on the Wii. I know X-Factor played it a bunch and he seemed to enjoy it. Just get a classic controller if you don't have one already.

I just have a hard time trusting PS2 games that are also on the 360 and PS3. If Madden taught me anything, they take forever to load. But maybe that's just EA's fault.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
are you still debating on 360 or ps3?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Wii game was probably MadWorld.

As for 2k11 or The Show, I would go with 2k11, but on the Wii. I know X-Factor played it a bunch and he seemed to enjoy it. Just get a classic controller if you don't have one already.

I just have a hard time trusting PS2 games that are also on the 360 and PS3. If Madden taught me anything, they take forever to load. But maybe that's just EA's fault.

Not only are they slow to load but often times they play completely different. I played 2k8 on both the ps2 and ps3 and they were completely different games with controls and how it played. The Show was a very similar experience. If I was picking between those games I would probably go with 2k11 because it is a great game, and I am usually not too into basketball games. The Jordan mode is a real cool feature.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
NBA 2k11 is the best basketball game made in awhile

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have 2k11 for the ps2 purely because I don't have a 360 or a ps3. It doesn't really have anything different from a game like 2k6 except for updated rosters and a crappy "Jordan mode" which is just playing with the 5 starters from 3 different Bulls teams. It's better than nothing, but seriously, just get a next gen system and get 2k11 for that. It'll be worth it.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Madworld, thats the name, know anything on it? Decent? Total shit? As for load times, Ive never had an issue, and play Madden all the time. While I was debating on what unit to pursue, thats been seriously put on hold. I was sooo damn close and lifes b.s. decided to bitchslap me lol. But... If I do go with a sports title, does either have Franchise mode like Madden? I am leaning toward 2k11 as thanks to this past postseason, I started to not mind watching basketball, use to hate watching it. Go figure lol

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Madworld, thats the name, know anything on it? Decent? Total shit?

MadWorld is awesome. Was a breath of fresh air for the blood and gore genre for the Wii. Got really high critic scores too. Especially for a non-Nintendo made Wii game.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
And walmart had it for 10 bucks... son of a...

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can get it for about $3 on Amazon.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/MadWorld-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0019SY1D4/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1308883518&sr=1-1[/ame]

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Madworld, thats the name, know anything on it? Decent? Total shit? As for load times, Ive never had an issue, and play Madden all the time. While I was debating on what unit to pursue, thats been seriously put on hold. I was sooo damn close and lifes b.s. decided to bitchslap me lol. But... If I do go with a sports title, does either have Franchise mode like Madden? I am leaning toward 2k11 as thanks to this past postseason, I started to not mind watching basketball, use to hate watching it. Go figure lol

Both have a franchise mode and a create your own player mode. Both are fun. The Road to the Show feature is one of the most fun features about the Show in my opinion. I would still go with 2k11 though.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I picked up MadWorld... Holy Fucking Shit! Never imagined Nintendo would have games like that. For 10 bucks, Im completely happy, at least till I start getting my ass kicked lol. Though I hope its saving my progress, finished the 1st 'stage/level' and taking a breather so I dont burn out.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
So once again Im debating wtf to get when I finally say to hell with it and buy a new game. Aside the Lego Series, Im in debate with myself on two sports titles, though theyre on the PS2. Theres NBA 2K? 11, where its with Jordan. The other is MLB 2010 The Show? i believe. Now Im not a big fan of either compared to the NFL. But Ive been really tempted in trying a NBA title. MLB Ive played long ago (discluding mobile) and enjoyed it as well, tho on the PS1 lol. Any opinions on either?

If you're picking between 2K11 or MLB 10 the Show, I'd go with NBA 2K 11.
I assume you don't buy games very often, so NBA 2K11 will be the only basketball game you'll need for a while.

You could always pick up MLB the show at a pretty cheap price in the future. By that time MLB 11 will be pretty cheap.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well now, back to square one. I beat MadWorld, and loved it. Even the fucking credits were great. Though wouldve been sooner had I not worked some overtime. Anyway, I say MLB 10 for the Wii. Must say Im interested as I'd love to have a great BB game on the Wii. Makes me active :) Though leaning toward NBA 2K11 even though its outside my norm. Hell, last Basketball game I played was NBA Jam on the Genesis... And Da Bulls Dominated :)

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Well now, back to square one. I beat MadWorld, and loved it. Even the fucking credits were great. Though wouldve been sooner had I not worked some overtime. Anyway, I say MLB 10 for the Wii. Must say Im interested as I'd love to have a great BB game on the Wii. Makes me active :) Though leaning toward NBA 2K11 even though its outside my norm. Hell, last Basketball game I played was NBA Jam on the Genesis... And Da Bulls Dominated :)

If you're looking for a baseball game for the Wii, your only option would be MLB 2K (which is pretty bad). MLB The Show is a Sony exclusive.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, nk11 on the wii is bad ass. just frustrating from time to time...once you bump up the computer's level, some of your teammates turn into D-Leaguers and the stars (kobe, lebum, garnett even) shoot like 80%. Gotta be SUPER careful w/ the passing too...idk how many times I've meant to pass to one player only to pass towards another and it start a fast break for the other team. :facepalm:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
also, I got my copy of 2k11 at gamestop for $20, new.

marky mark

Liked Posts:
i always use right bumper to get hot keys pulled up, makes passing easier