More Mitch Hate

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#throwmitchinaditch Like the bum he is.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
The reality is this is his second season in the NFL. Because we drafted him and paid him to go threw his junior and senior season on our team. Now he still sucks and is just about at his ceiling. So we can start planning ahead wisely or just keep the tradition alive and pick more under a rock prospects.

Southside

Liked Posts:
The Texas HC Bill O'Brien is considered a mediocre coach, Texans have no pass catching TE, and a subpar offensive line but they were a game away from going to the SB. This is why I dont make excuses for Mitch.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
On the bright side, NFL free agency starts in 6 weeks. We will see how confident our organization is in Mitch. If you believe the rumors that they gave up on Mitch around mid-season, we could see a major facelift for the organization early because "Pace never sleeps."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Texas HC Bill O'Brien is considered a mediocre coach, Texans have no pass catching TE, and a subpar offensive line but they were a game away from going to the SB. This is why I dont make excuses for Mitch.

Literally none of this is true.

The Texans had a TE catch 7 TD passes this season.

Their OL isn't bad. They give up too many sacks because Watson holds the ball too long, but they have invested heavily in the position,

LT: 2x 1sts, 2nd
LG: 2nd
C: 2
RG: 7/season FA
RT: 1st

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

A game away?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was an active participant in the Grossman and cutler wars, because both fellows would occasionally put up a game that triggered renewed hope that they could get their shit together and be really good players.
Those games would provide ammunition to those that clung to the hope they could be saved.

I sat out on the mitch war. I watched and waited to form an opinion, and there is no spectacular redeeming quality that would make waiting through his extended growing pains worthwhile.
Everyone sensible realizes he isnt the answer.

There is no conflict here. no spectacular runs of great play. The only argument that could remotely be used is his supporting cast and coaching... but again, there is no spectacular quality Mitch has to make him a worthwhile focal point to be built around. He is just a guy, on par with low end starters or mid to high end backups at best.

The only interesting part about peeking in on these threads is watching the life cycle of the nuthuggers near completion.
The same people seem to be playing out the same parts they did back in the day.

Gone is the ability for nuthuggers to point at others in his draft class and say "yeah, mitch hasnt won anything but neither have those other guys".
The responsibility for bad play and stunted development has made it from supporting cast to coaching and now has petered out to "if X QB were drafted by the bears they would be ruined too"

Now, we are getting the early stages of lashing out at those who dare mention mitches name. Defenses are shattered, Now we get to see meltdowns like this. Screaming at the board as a whole for discussing a player on the team.

mitch will be gone soon enough, and the process will repeat- with the nuthuggers still occasionally venting in random places that Mitch (or jay, or rex) would have been awesome if the bears hadnt destroyed them and if they had only given them 5 or 6 more years to get their shit together.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears organization just lacks corners for these QBs to turn.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can I put the Cutty come back song in here?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I’m not a Trubisky hater, even though I’m critical of him. I want him to succeed, because that means the Bears are winning, but to me he just doesn’t pass the eye test. Very few wow plays that give you confidence this is the guy. I hope I’m wrong.
Hopefully Lazor and Defillippo can turn him around, they seem to have a pretty good track record with young qbs.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Listen I'm not saying you can't rag on Mitch in threads related to him. I think he stinks but it's annoying how every thread that even have nothing to do with Mitch gets derailed into a Mitch sucks thread.