More red meat for the outraged

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Green Bay over Chicago in the NFC North. I’m betting on Aaron Rodgers, healthy and presumably challenged by Matt LaFleur, over Mitchell Trubisky. The Bears’ defense could be the NFL’s best. I’m still unconvinced about the offense, which averaged 19.5 points in the last six games last year. And heaven knows if they’ll ever find a kicker who can win games. If I’m wrong, it will be because Matt Nagy figures out how to compensate for what Trubisky can’t do.

Trubisky continues, consistently, to be viewed as the achilles heel of an otherwise championship caliber team.

What is it those analysts don't see that the CCS experts do?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL at the baked in excuse for why Trubisky may play better than they expect. No sane fan gives a shit what any outsider says anyways. Let them talk. Its all they can do. I mean its either that or we suddenly all agree that Mahomes' undisputed MVP season was nothing more than a product of Andy Reid's system compensating. Which is apparently what they're implying.

One Team

Liked Posts:

Green Bay over Chicago in the NFC North. I’m betting on Aaron Rodgers, healthy and presumably challenged by Matt LaFleur, over Mitchell Trubisky. The Bears’ defense could be the NFL’s best. I’m still unconvinced about the offense, which averaged 19.5 points in the last six games last year. And heaven knows if they’ll ever find a kicker who can win games. If I’m wrong, it will be because Matt Nagy figures out how to compensate for what Trubisky can’t do.

Trubisky continues, consistently, to be viewed as the achilles heel of an otherwise championship caliber team.

who knows what they do or don't see...they have opinions and they express them...practically, all players need to prove themselves. Mitch is no different, he gets to write his own description with his play...we get to watch it unfold before our eyes...should be fun!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That isn't what he said.

Actually its literally in what you quoted. "If I’m wrong, it will be because Matt Nagy figures out how to compensate for what Trubisky can’t do."

As if its some fucking Matt Nagy, Sean McVay, Andy Reid magic being used to tailor the offense around their quarterback and his surrounding pieces. Its called competent coaching.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
As a MT skeptic, I really do think he could come out gunning tomorrow and rack up a lot of yards. I believe he can be better; I believe he will because he'll understand the offense better.

If he does these things, I will not disparage his numbers with "Nagy got him there," like numerous dipshits here who said Goff isn't even a top ten talent because of McVay.

My biggest concern is the overthrows, and I think we are just going to have to live with those. I don't think he's going to outgrow it. Hopefully, he's able to keep it to a minimum and our defense can get us to a SB.

Bort

Liked Posts:

I think a big reason is that we watched every game, whereas most national analysts only watched the nationally televised games, and Trubisky had his worst games on national television (most notably the Rams game where he was just coming back from an injured throwing shoulder and played like shit).

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
The athletic's consensus predictions.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Citing Peter King as an “expert” is red meat for outrage.

I prefer guys like Baldinger, Orlovsky, Brooks, Riddick, Bowen and Jeremiah. You know like real experts...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually its literally in what you quoted. "If I’m wrong, it will be because Matt Nagy figures out how to compensate for what Trubisky can’t do."

He's predicting Packers over Bears in the division. He says if he's wrong it will be because Nagy manages to compensate for Trubisky. He said nothing about Trubisky playing better, but the Bears finding a way to win despite him.

If the Bears win because Trubisky was great, he, me, and most people will have to eat their words. Nobody believes in him. I admit I don't.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So when will the 'told you so' threads start popping up tomorrow?

First completion/incompletion?
End of the first drive?
First TD or turnover?
First almost int or dropped td?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Wasn’t expecting a near consensus from media outlets that the Bears are going to have a down year. I’m actually shocked to be honest.

Guess tomorrow is 1 chance of many for the team to disprove these notions. If they do win (and I expect them too) hopefully it isn’t in spite of Trubisky.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Blah, nothing new. I think we all know it's on Trubisky, we have a super bowl caliber team surrounding him IF he takes that next step, the so called analysts "experts" will be eating crow, and maybe laptops!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
i gotta agree with @playthrough2001 who in the fuck actually thinks Peter King is more credible than the experts (WITH ACTUAL EXPERIENCE IN THE BUSINESS AND NOT JUST TALKING HEADS) like Kollmann, Riddick, Orlovsky, Jeremiah etc...

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think a big reason is that we watched every game, whereas most national analysts only watched the nationally televised games, and Trubisky had his worst games on national television (most notably the Rams game where he was just coming back from an injured throwing shoulder and played like shit).

Yeah, I get the impression that most of the national analysts watched the first two games of the season, the Rams game, and then the playoff game. Early on, he definitely was rough figuring out the offense. Than Rams game was rough coming off the injury. And early on in the playoff game was kinda meh, but for anyone paying attention that tends to happen with most young qb's in their first playoff game.

Imo, if Parkey makes that kick, then the narrative on Trubisky is very different all offseason. Suddenly, he is a guy that can lead his team to a last second victory - making clutch throws when his team needs him most. Instead, they forget about that part and focus on the narrative that says he is not good enough. I think the other overlooked guy from that game is Allen Robinson for similar reasons. They win that game and Robinson gets talked about as being that #1 receiver that showed up big in the playoff game - which he is and did.

But most of the national guys are lazy and they tend to feed off of each other on the narratives. If any of them step outside the narrative, the other guys seem to get really surprised.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

End of the first drive?
First TD or turnover?
If adam shaheen makes it out of warm ups without a broken bone all you meatballs are gonna hear it!!

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh no. Someone has an opinion that disagrees with someone else's opinion

I believe in him. I have watched every snap he has taken and i can see that he has talent. I never expected to see much out of him for a couple years. Right on track to what i expected.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:

End of the first drive?
First TD or turnover?
I've been spraying to all fields with my predictions so I can say I told you so to anyone.

Honestly though, if Trubisky really struggles I'm going to have a tough time keeping the faith. I don't know why, but I'm coming out of the off-season without as much faith as I'd like and less patience than is probably fair.