More speculation that Bosh could be dealt

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26576

Bryan (Toronto): I haven't heard you weigh in on this J.A. -- will Bosh leave the Raps?

J.A. Adande: More important than my opinion, a GM told me the Raptors are listening a little more seriously to trade proposals for Bosh, indicating they could be trying to get ahead of his departure. Not that they're shopping Bosh, they just aren't rejecting trade offers outright as much as they were before.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
Since J.A Adande is speaking for someone else, I'm not as inclined to reject the comment. If true, Bulls have a shot at draft time to nap him.

Tyrus Thomas ($3.7M)
Jerome James ($6.2M)
Luol Deng ($9.3M)
Total: $19.2M

Chris Bosh ($14.4M)
Jason Kapono ($5.7M)
Total: $20.1M

It's a good opening offer. If they wish to have Tim Thomas over Deng, then we can make adjustments. Finding a decent package on this team is far from impossible.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
There's no real point taking expirings for Bosh: just keep him with the risk you let him walk and it costs you the same, with the upside maybe he decides to stay. And Deng's value is negative right now, he's worse than an expiring.

If the Bulls want Bosh they have to give up something.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
There's no real point taking expirings for Bosh: just keep him with the risk you let him walk and it costs you the same, with the upside maybe he decides to stay. And Deng's value is negative right now, he's worse than an expiring.

If the Bulls want Bosh they have to give up something.

James + Timmy + Tyrus + 2 picks for Bosh + Kapono.

I'm not looking at salaries in front of me, but I think that saves them over 10 million in salary this year, plus the extra year in kapono's deal, plus it gives them a prospect and 2 draft picks. Could throw in a lotto protected 2011 pick as well.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
But my point is the raptors dont seem to be in full save cash mode. They've got a pretty good market. Which means the talent they get back is the make or break of the trade. In which case I can't see that offer being that high on the list.

I think we're a better shot at Amare because the Suns if they trade him will want to save money ahead of all else. I think the Raps will want talent, and something like a Beasley package from the Heat will end up being what they take.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
But my point is the raptors dont seem to be in full save cash mode. They've got a pretty good market. Which means the talent they get back is the make or break of the trade. In which case I can't see that offer being that high on the list.

I think we're a better shot at Amare because the Suns if they trade him will want to save money ahead of all else. I think the Raps will want talent, and something like a Beasley package from the Heat will end up being what they take.

I agree that the Raps will probably want talent, and if Miami offers up Beasley then I don't think we're getting Bosh.

I was throwing out what I think our best deal is.

It basically equates to:

2-3 1st round picks, Tyrus Thomas, and about 15 million in cash savings. I'm not suggesting the Raptors are cash strapped, I have no idea, but 15 million is still a ton of money for any team, and all businesses like money.

Morten Jensen

Liked Posts:
If Bosh is to move on, I could imagine they'd be trying to rebuild. If Miami offers Beasley, then that's a good start for them. Bulls would be forced to look Phoenix' way instead.

My gut feeling for the year; Bosh is a no-go, and we acquire Amare Stoudemire. It just seems like a more likely deal. We have him talking about being in a Bulls uniform (courtesy of Jillian Jesk) and it's common knowledge he wants to be in a large market where he can be the man. In Chicago, he can still be that alongside Rose. No doubt about it.

I do wonder if Phoenix would demand the team trading for him to take Richardson too. I don't have a problem with it, if they do. But if I could get around it and keep Gordon instead, that'd be preferable.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Agreed, Amare will be easier to get I think. As for getting him and keeping Gordon that will require luxury tax I think and that I am unsure of. Even if we can't get Amare and keep Gordon this is a very strong team....

Rose,Hinrich
Salmons,(Hinrich)
Deng,#26
Amare
Noah,Miller

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
but bosh has said he would like to be in chicago.

plus i don't think bosh would want to be the co-man with rose. he wants to be a team's #1 option, no questions asked. that's the sorta vibe i'm getting from him

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
bullsman24 wrote:

plus i don't think bosh would want to be the co-man with rose. he wants to be a team's #1 option, no questions asked. that's the sorta vibe i'm getting from him
Well when you say #1 option, do you mean in terms of offense or being the star on the team? If it's about offense, then there really shouldn't be any problems because Rose is really unselfish and will probably be perfectly fine deferring to Bosh. If it's the star of the team thing, then there will probably be some problems since it will be Rose and Bosh instead of just Bosh. But that's really a kind of selfish ego type thing when you think about it.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
They want Bosh to stay but that probably won't happen, being Bosh has premier talent so they'll try to get that in exchange. Talent that wants two stay. I can see GM Pritchrd giving up talent to get Bosh because he's the sure thing. Chris is the better version of Lamarcus Aldridge.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
but that's one of the issues that you're thinking about with amare. he can't be the co-offensive option with marion and nash, he's shown that

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
If the Raps aren't in cash-saving mode, wouldn't Gordon S&T, Thomas plus money-saving and picks be our best offer?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

Players say they like every city that has a chance to get them. And even if he really wants to be in Chicago, if the Raps are trading him, he doesn't get a lot of say in it (unless he refuses to sign an extension anywhere but Chicago, which I find highly unlikely).

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
but with star players can tip their team's hands sometimes. and if that happens, what's more attractive a destination for the future than chicago?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Playing with Wade in Miami isn't exactly a bad situation either.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
well yes, but we have so many more players to put around him and d-rose.

there isn't that much in miami, especially if they trade beasley

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
well yes, but we have so many more players to put around him and d-rose.

there isn't that much in miami, especially if they trade beasley

Miami's not trading Beasley. They're going to sign Wade to an extension this summer and then sign a max free agent in 2010, and have a core along the lines of Wade/Beasley/Bosh, or something of that nature.

I'm sure Riley realizes the brilliance of a situation of having one of the league's best player, and then your other franchise cornerstone on a rookie scale deal, alllowing you to add another cornerstone with cap space.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
I think both players would love to come to the Bulls. They both want to be the man but they also want to win. The Bulls are perfect and Rose is perfect, because if they went anywhere else to be the man their team isn't going to be very good. Our team proved in the playoffs to be a fun team and a good team, also Rose proving he doesn't have to be "the man". It comes down to what their teams want though. So if we give up any combo for them except Rose and Noah I would be happy. I wouldn't trade Noah because we have to have a center to go next to Bosh or Amare so we should try to keep him.

For example if they went somewhere like the Hawks, Joe Johnson is gonna have something to say about who is going to be the man. If they go to a team like Sacramento then they will just suck.