More Urlacher: Only thing elite about Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is his salary

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
8_19_CRUZE_BEARS_PRACTICE_6__38261345.jpg

“Financially, he is one of the elite guys in the NFL … he just hasn’t produced like an elite quarterback,” the former linebacker said on 87.7 FM The Game. “You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgers, the Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them.
“Rodgers has no offensive line. He wins. Brady has no receivers. He wins.

“And you look at Jay. He’s got Brandon (Marshall), Alshon (Jeffery), Matt (Forte), this great offensive line, Martellus Bennett,and they can’t seem to put it together, for some reason. I’m not sure if that’s his fault, but for some reason they just can’t figure it out.”

More in the link below

http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/brian-urlacher-only-thing-elite-about-jay-cutler-is-his-salary/

and

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2242154-brian-urlacher-comments-on-jay-cutler-leadership

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
He's pretty elite at throwing picks too

While there may be some merit to Urlacher's comments, Greg Gabriel of 670 The Score suggests the eight-time Pro Bowler's comments may have something to do with his strained relationship with Cutler and the organization:

Plus the fact that not only is and has been for two yrs running a complete train wreck,but that Cutler,Emery,Tucker the fucker,and Wispperer my ass, all decided Brian had to go so Cutler could become the face of the Bears.

Hows that FACE shinning for everyone now?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
JayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutlerJayCutler

Nick80

While there may be some merit to Urlacher's comments, Greg Gabriel of 670 The Score suggests the eight-time Pro Bowler's comments may have something to do with his strained relationship with Cutler and the organization:

Plus the fact that not only is and has been for two yrs running a complete train wreck,but that Cutler,Emery,Tucker the fucker,and Wispperer my ass, all decided Brian had to go so Cutler could become the face of the Bears.

Hows that FACE shinning for everyone now?

Never go full potato.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I think it's hilarious Urlacher used to hate the media and treat them like crap, now he is part of it :)

It's a shame Urlacher never won a superbowl for us.

He couldn't beat the Packers for us either :-(

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
"Rodgers has no offensive line."

Then why the fuck did you lose to him so often Urlacher?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how Urlacher is already a bigger douchebag than Sayers.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
What Urlacher says is true - Jay is not elite. Then again, very few players are.

Manning has no one around him? I'd bet Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Sanders and Wes Welker would disagree.

It's funny though - Urlacher is talking about Brady, Manning and Rodgers (and Brees). These aren't just 'elite' QBs - they are some of the greatest to EVER play the game. Many argue that Manning and Brady are #1 and #2 as far as best EVER. EVER.

Comparing any QB to Manning and Brady might be unfair. 99% of QBs are going to pale in comparison.

But the bigger issue is that Urlacher just seems like a dick. As others noted, he hated the media and was all about 'stays in the locker room'.

He's just a white Gayle Sayers. Bitter and pissy and seagull shitting on everything.

Jim Miller is an ex-Bear I want to hear analyze things. Not Urlacher.

Notice, Urlacher isn't offering his opinions on why the defense is playing like shit. He isn't talking about why his friend Tim Jennings has been slower and not as productive this year. He isn't talking about the fact that his butt buddy showed up fat and out of shape to camp and finds rib joints more important than the first day of final roster practice. He's not commenting on the fact that his best buddy has played like absolute shit since the day he came back from injury last year.

Seriously, I enjoyed watching him as a very good - albeit overrated - player, but please dude, just fucking go away.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
"Rodgers has no offensive line."

Then why the fuck did you lose to him so often Urlacher?

My point exactly. I would argue that Driver and Jennings were anything but scrubs.

That said, Rodgers routinely destroyed that DOMINATE LOVIE SMITH BEARS DEFENSE. AARRRRGGGGH!.

So, basically Urlacher is saying a team with inferior talent routinely made his precious Bear's defense his denim clad bitch.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cause they never had a halfway decent QB.

But, but, defense wins championships... QB's and offense are irrelevant to success. :bizarro:

Brian Urlacher isn't elite either because he never won anything when it mattered. Trucked by Bettis a juked out of his socks by Tom fucking Brady. Completely overrated.

Urlacher is the last person that should be shooting his mouth off seeing how he was the Cutler of the Chicago Bears before Cutler ever got here. The entire franchise revolved and was built around him and he lead us to exactly the same thing as Cutler, jack fucking squat. All the money and resources were focused on defense during his era here... Same douchebag attitude as well except he played on the defensive side of the ball instead of offense... why the fuck is he talking shit again exactly?

Oh right, because he's still butthurt the Bears finally gave up on trying to win with lotto with a defensive oriented team in today's offensive league and "lowballed" him when nobody else in the league even made him an offer for his broken down, old and slow ass.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
My point exactly. I would argue that Driver and Jennings were anything but scrubs.

That said, Rodgers routinely destroyed that DOMINATE LOVIE SMITH BEARS DEFENSE. AARRRRGGGGH!.

So, basically Urlacher is saying a team with inferior talent routinely made his precious Bear's defense his denim clad bitch.
Quit talking outta your ass. Rogers usually posted one if not his lowest passer rating of the year against us in those days. We couldn't score on Offense and that WAS the problem. The D and special teams always came to play.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Url says some dumb things, but can't disagree much with that quote. Seems spot on.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Quit talking outta your ass. Rogers usually posted one if not his lowest passer rating of the year against us in those days. We couldn't score on Offense and that WAS the problem. The D and special teams always came to play.

Yeah, but he was still in or near the 100s normally. It's not like they were forcing him to have bad games. The only one that really sticks out where they really gave it to Rodgers was the NFCCG.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Lol @ people getting butt hurt for him speaking nothing but the truth. Yeah he can be an ass, who gives a shit. Its not like he's making outlandish claims that are not true here.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Url says some dumb things, but can't disagree much with that quote. Seems spot on.

Well, Brees hasn't been winning every year of late, and Brady looked like dogshit until they made a ton of movements on the OL. Not to mention that Cutler isn't exactly getting paid elite money if you break it down. He's not getting paid like a top 5 QB, and he's right in the same range as Dalton, Romo, Rivers, etc.