Morgan Moses, OT WFT available via trade?

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I would feel much better about Ifedi as a backup Guard and swing Tackle. If we had Jenkins, Whitehair, Mustipher, Daniels, and Moses......with Bars, Ifedi, Wilkerson, and Borom???

That's a good lookin O-Line?...
Moses is only due 7 mil this year and 7 mil next year, so money isn't too crazy either. He is 30 though....

Thoughts?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If Moses is really a full step better than Ifedi, and the $ is there, then sure.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is not 7 million dollars better than Ifedi.

If he is released I would bring him in to battle, although I wish he had spent more time on the left side.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is very little flexibility remaining. Would you get rid of Hicks and a pick for him? Because that's the only way I can see a trade working other than cutting Graham who is apparently untouchable.

greg23

Liked Posts:
A trade = a pick and taking his salary...which likely means letting someone go since we're up against it

He's likely to be released when they can't find any takers.....would like to sign him then but wouldn't be surprised if he finds a better opportunity elsewhere

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would feel much better about Ifedi as a backup Guard and swing Tackle. If we had Jenkins, Whitehair, Mustipher, Daniels, and Moses......with Bars, Ifedi, Wilkerson, and Borom???

That's a good lookin O-Line?...
Moses is only due 7 mil this year and 7 mil next year, so money isn't too crazy either. He is 30 though....

Thoughts?
Now all we need is $7.8 mil to pay for him. I'll just stick with Ifedi and the other guys we have that can play RT.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is very little flexibility remaining. Would you get rid of Hicks and a pick for him? Because that's the only way I can see a trade working other than cutting Graham who is apparently untouchable.
They don't want Hicks when they already have the best D-Line in the NFL.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'd rather spend money on a CB. I wonder what type of deal Steven Nelson will command.
Jaire Alexander is a FA next year. I’d make him and Ramczyk my top free agent priorities

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Jaire Alexander is a FA next year. I’d make him and Ramczyk my top free agent priorities

No question those guys are true difference makers at their respective positions and I'd love to see either on the Bears. But for the upcoming season I think the Bears need to add a veteran corner on a 1 year deal.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
No question those guys are true difference makers at their respective positions and I'd love to see either on the Bears. But for the upcoming season I think the Bears need to add a veteran corner on a 1 year deal.
Yeah I hate their depth and overall talent at CB. No clear starters opposite JJ or nickel

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He is not 7 million dollars better than Ifedi.

If he is released I would bring him in to battle, although I wish he had spent more time on the left side.
He played the whole year at LT when Trent Williams sat out right? Who'd they have at LT last year? I thought Moses looked good when he was there

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Yeah I hate their depth and overall talent at CB. No clear starters opposite JJ or nickel
Yeah, it's not great, but with an open competition, a couple of these guys should be decent:

Desmond Trufant (9yr vet)
Tre Roberson (95 tackles and 10 interceptions over his two seasons in the CFL)
Duke Shelley (played Slot very well at end of last season, 3rd yr, 6th Rd pick)
Kindle Vildor (promising looking, 2nd yr 5th Rd pick)
Michael Joseph (has played well in preseason, 3rd yr with Bears)
Artie Burns (6yr vet)

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's not great, but with an open competition, a couple of these guys should be decent:

Desmond Trufant (9yr vet)
Tre Roberson (95 tackles and 10 interceptions over his two seasons in the CFL)
Duke Shelley (played Slot very well at end of last season, 3rd yr, 6th Rd pick)
Kindle Vildor (promising looking, 2nd yr 5th Rd pick)
Michael Joseph (has played well in preseason, 3rd yr with Bears)
Artie Burns (6yr vet)
That’s the hope but none of those guys are proven commodities. Trufant has played some good ball before but not that’s about it. They’re hoping someone could step up

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He played the whole year at LT when Trent Williams sat out right? Who'd they have at LT last year? I thought Moses looked good when he was there
I would happily have him then if we could get him for 3 million.

We could use an experienced swing OT.

The tackle market has been weak, maybe they just release him.