Most expensive restaurant

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Btw, you could easily spend over 1,000 for 2 people at Alinea.
For reals. Not that I've ever taken anyone there, but my wife did some design work for Achatz when he first opened it up so we got a crazy tasting meal experience I haven't ever matched on my own dime. He dated her best friend for a while and I saw the comped bill one night when us three chilled there and it was pretty expensive and didnt even include the drinks, it was more of just a gratuity guide for the fact we were sitting and eating and being served.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Does Achatz only cook at Alinea? I feel like I read something about him opening up another restaurant, but wasn't sure.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Does Achatz only cook at Alinea? I feel like I read something about him opening up another restaurant, but wasn't sure.
This was back in a day but I dont think he really cooked there when we went there. I'm pretty sure he was already a rockstar chef but idk it was just super cool to eat there as a pleb.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine going 2 years back on a timeline of a photographer from Worcester, MA and trying to pass off a 2 and a half year old photo a your own experience.

ommy is getting better at stolen photos, but not much.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Imagine going 2 years back on a timeline of a photographer from Worcester, MA and trying to pass off a 2 and a half year old photo a your own experience.

ommy is getting better at stolen photos, but not much.
never said i ate there. just a picture i saw on the net

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
sorry- you gotta forgive me after your whole "illegals building my grand wall" bit.

On that note...what compels righties to lie about walls?
Very strange.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
* reads menu *
"Where's the fucking hamburger helper!?!?!?"

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes, he and his biz partner have Next, as well. They had a cocktail bar but I believe the closed it b/c Covid. I have not been to Next but have been to Alinea a few times. Achatz has been there every time we went.

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
Btw, you could easily spend over 1,000 for 2 people at Alinea.

Yeah, that's not even close to the most expensive, here's a bill from the French Laundry in Napa, supposedly for a table of two.

french-laundry-005.jpg

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BLT $75
Chocolate milk $9

Wait? I get free refills on my choco milk, right?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overrated.

When did you last go? Its been quite a while for me and their corkage policy is horrible. But I thought they were still on top of their game.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
When did you last go? Its been quite a while for me and their corkage policy is horrible. But I thought they were still on top of their game.

No recently, maybe 12-15 years ago. But to be fair, that's not my preferred style of dining.

I've eaten at many Bay Area restaurants that I preferred at a fraction of the cost, though the atmosphere and service at French Laundry is truly world class.