Most hated rules/calls/regulations

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What gets me every time…refs routinely allow traveling. But it’s their discretion that gets me…they allow 3/4, sometimes 5 steps lol…crab dribbles, extra steps off the euro step, foot pivots…the list goes on…such a HUGE advantage for the offensive player…

BUT….

If a offensive player at a standstill gets the ball, and maybe takes a step without putting the ball down, seems like they call it every time. And sometimes, it’s SO close and such a bang bang call, there’s really no justification calling. If it’s between that type of play or taking 3+ steps, I think taking the extra steps is way more egregious and advantageous to the offense. Yet…it’s not called nearly as much.

I digress…what grinds your gear officiating wise?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The worst to me is how the refs wait to see if the bucket is made or not and if it’s missed, then they blow the whistle and call a foul.

And usually, it’s the right call…it’s just super late and obvious they were waiting to see if the basket was good or not first

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The worst to me is how the refs wait to see if the bucket is made or not and if it’s missed, then they blow the whistle and call a foul.

And usually, it’s the right call…it’s just super late and obvious they were waiting to see if the basket was good or not first
100%

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This. I hate those late calls

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What gets me every time…refs routinely allow traveling. But it’s their discretion that gets me…they allow 3/4, sometimes 5 steps lol…crab dribbles, extra steps off the euro step, foot pivots…the list goes on…such a HUGE advantage for the offensive player…

BUT….

If a offensive player at a standstill gets the ball, and maybe takes a step without putting the ball down, seems like they call it every time. And sometimes, it’s SO close and such a bang bang call, there’s really no justification calling. If it’s between that type of play or taking 3+ steps, I think taking the extra steps is way more egregious and advantageous to the offense. Yet…it’s not called nearly as much.

I digress…what grinds your gear officiating wise?
I'll just note on that first point, the gather step rule allows for a lot of moves that would otherwise be travels at the college level and lower, to actually be legal. That doesn't cover all the cases of course and there are many egregious travels that are not called that are huge travels. Basically all the Shaqtin' a fool stuff and more. But just saying there are a lot of moves the players do around the rim that look like traveling that actually are not, due to that gather step rule.