Most of These QB Rumors Are All BS!

jive

Liked Posts:
It's officially the BS season of the NFL. There will be a short break for the combine and draft, and then back to BS until training camp. This is when there will be news about folks getting arrested, and rumors flying. Most of what you read and hear is just pure speculation pulled from someone's ass.

Pretty much every QB in free agency or on their way out are mentioned as going to the Bears, Here's the thing: the Bears don't have much cap room or draft capital. Right now, we don't have a SS, ILB2, or DL depth under contract. We may or may not have a CB2. We are desperate at TE and RG. So where is the space going to come from to sign a big name FA? There's no way the Bears can afford to put another $15-25 million in addition to almost $10 mil already towards a single position that may still get you mediocre results.

Tom Brady? Drew Brees? Forget about it.
Teddy Bridgewater, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Phillip Rivers? Too expensive for similar results.
Derek Carr, Nick Foles, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton? No way the Bears can take on their cap hits of $15-20 mil for 2020. And what do they have to trade anyway?

They will get a cheap QB like Case Keenum, Nate Sudfield, or AJ McCarron that we can all collectively groan at.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
It's officially the BS season of the NFL. There will be a short break for the combine and draft, and then back to BS until training camp. This is when there will be news about folks getting arrested, and rumors flying. Most of what you read and hear is just pure speculation pulled from someone's ass.

Pretty much every QB in free agency or on their way out are mentioned as going to the Bears, Here's the thing: the Bears don't have much cap room or draft capital. Right now, we don't have a SS, ILB2, or DL depth under contract. We may or may not have a CB2. We are desperate at TE and RG. So where is the space going to come from to sign a big name FA? There's no way the Bears can afford to put another $15-25 million in addition to almost $10 mil already towards a single position that may still get you mediocre results.

Teddy Bridgewater, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Phillip Rivers? Too expensive for similar results.
Derek Carr, Nick Foles, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton? No way the Bears can take on their cap hits of $15-20 mil for 2020. And what do they have to trade anyway?

They will get a cheap QB like Case Keenum, Nate Sudfield, or AJ McCarron that we can all collectively groan at.
:youdontsay:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Don't know what the Bear are going to do and that's exactly how pace wants it. Regardless of how we feel about Pace, no one can deny that he always plays it close to the vest.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Irregardless of how you feel?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Well he is wrong.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Most will be whiffs of course but there is nothing wrong with a GM sniffing the Bengals on what it will take to move up. Worst they can do is laugh and say no.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is the year to bite the bullet and fix what you can. QB might need to rest in Trubisky’s hand for one more year.....attempting a bandaid fix might hurt the team more than it helps.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Spot on.

Those three QBs are exactly who I think they’ll talk to.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Case Keenum, Nate Sudfield, or AJ McCarron ............these guys are immobile, garbage and will not provide any competition at the Qb position. Might as keep Daniel & Bray.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
But they are trading for Joe Burrow.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
All you need to know is that no team will ever win a SB with Ryan Pace
I know nobody bites on your posts, but I'm feeling kind on this beautiful Sunday.

Ok, we agree Pace sucks. Who do you suggest they hire?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I know nobody bites on your posts, but I'm feeling kind on this beautiful Sunday.

Ok, we agree Pace sucks. Who do you suggest they hire?
I dont generally track the GM s and candidates. All I knew about Pace was what I learned in the GM vetting process the Bears used. Then I told you all he would fail......and he did

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Are all of the QB rumors BS or all of the “most” rumors or just most of the rumors are BS

confusing

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think we'll get a good vet QB. I cannot see Pace & Nagy leaving their jobs to Trubisky.

I don't believe we're shopping Mack for a first rounder. That doesn't make sense on so many levels. I think there's a better chance we trade Trubisky, but that's slim too.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think we'll get a good vet QB. I cannot see Pace & Nagy leaving their jobs to Trubisky.

I don't believe we're shopping Mack for a first rounder. That doesn't make sense on so many levels. I think there's a better chance we trade Trubisky, but that's slim too.

I mean....yes but no. There aren't really any practical options at QB.

Spending 20m on a qb pretty much ensures that pace/nagy are gone after next year too. Bringing in tom brady would even be a recipe for failure with this offensive line and running game.

Some people think however if you just get a QB it fixes one of the most inept offenses in bears history. That's just false.