Most Overrated Players on This Team?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but BHVWGHC is fucking hilarious. Who came up with that shit?

I remember calling Nagy "The Baldheaded Visor" early last year....and I think it evolved from there. @greg23 came up with the expanded acronym. We may have just coincidentally came up with the same observation and joke about a bald-headed guy wearing a visor. I mean, it is a dopey look.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
While we're in full Bears Bashing mode, who do you think the most overrated players on this team are. I'm thinking of players that most people/media seem to like, but the eye test seems to say different. I'll start.

Cody Whitehair - Maybe he's playing out of position. Maybe he got his $ and is taking it easy. Whatever it is, he's been below avg this year.

David Montgomery - Everyone "really likes this kid", but he has trouble finding the hole, can't improv when the hole isn't there and doesn't have breakaway speed. The bears oline sucks, but you get 10-15 runs a game, you should get lucky and break one or two at some point. His longest run thru 7 games is 23 yards.

Roquan Smith - The 8th overall pick shouldn't miss tackles like he does. Especially by avg running backs. He's quick and seems to have a good football IQ, but is he really playing up to what the Bears were expecting halfway thru year 3, especially with guys like Hicks, Mack, Fuller and EJack playing around him?

Before the trolls start, let me clarify, none of these guys are bums. But Im not sure they are as good as a lot people have been saying for the last couple years
You're an idiot, in the football sense. MOntgomery is actually a very good back. Do some homework by actually looking at film and report back

Smith is fine

Whitehair has regressed this year

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, it's easily ARob. He's not a dominant #1. He's not worth the money he's looking for when you can't get him the ball. If we give him more money that really hamstrings this team when we have so many other problems. ARob doesn't scare opposing defenses. That might be because of QB play or combined with his lack of dominant #1 WR skills. Who knows?

Muhsin Muhammad was right. Chicago is where receivers go to die. If I were ARob, I wouldn't even want to stay in Chicago. I really hope we don't overpay for him when we have far bigger problems.

I agree that AROB does not deserve top 10 WR money, but Foles rarely even targets him, 1st Trubisky stares him down and won't scan anyone else, and now Foles who won't hardly target him at all, which cost us a TD Monday night

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Foles. You can't call someone who has thrown 6 picks in 4 starts a game manager. He can't push the ball down the field. He does nothing well except throw the swing pass. He has been a liability and not an asset.

Arguably, the offense was better with Trubisky because the RPO and Trubiskys legs gave the defense a little more to think about. That's on Nagy as well though.

He is the 4th worst starting QB in the league right now sporting a 77.6 QBR. That's Trubisky's rookie year level bad.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're an idiot, in the football sense. MOntgomery is actually a very good back. Do some homework by actually looking at film and report back

Smith is fine

Very good as compared to who

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Most overrated has been Cohen for me.
You mean the RB averaging 5.3 yards per carry before getting injured this season. I would re-think that one.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
MOntgomery is actually a very good back.
I have gone back and forth on Monty.

If you take a look at Monday night, the running game had no ingenuity, no misdirection, and really lacked a creative gameplan. That is a recipe for disaster especially with a limited OL. Monty had no chance. The entire defense was swarming on him when he got the ball. No RB has a chance to break a run in that situation.

He may just be an overall average back, good in close quarters, good at getting some tough yards, but lacking the big play ability and breakaway speed. I just don't know if any running back would have done very well on Monday. It was a horrible game plan and a horribly called running game.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You mean the RB averaging 5.3 yards per carry before getting injured this season. I would re-think that one.

I would re-think a 3 game sample size from 2020. He was 3.3 ypc last year - we canned Howard for 3.4 ypc.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
unfortunately Monty dances too much instead of just lowering his head and hitting the hole. he does not have the speed to dance like leveon bell or even devin hester use to. Bears would be wise to draft another back in rds 3-5 next yr

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Smith is fine

Thanks for the kind words. Very mature of you.

Miles sanders In philly is playing behind THE WORST and most injured line in the league. He is 26th in the league in attempts and has 22 less attempts than Montgomery and is still outpeforming him

I get it. Montgomery is a good kid who busts his ass for every inch. That doesn’t make him “a very good back”.

idiot

Last edited:

Spankypants

Liked Posts:

Miles sanders In philly is playing behind THE WORST and most injured line in the league. He is 26th in the league in attempts and has 22 less attempts than Montgomery and is still outpeforming him

I get it. Montgomery is a good kid who busts his ass for every inch. That doesn’t make him “a very good back”.

idiot
Monty is playing behind one of the worst blocking Olines and most predictable play callers.
He makes the OL look better than it is, and that ain't easy.
Bringing in a new RB isn't gonna fix the run game.
Get a clue.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

idiot

1603945972442.png

Note the ybc/att.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I agree that AROB does not deserve top 10 WR money, but Foles rarely even targets him, 1st Trubisky stares him down and won't scan anyone else, and now Foles who won't hardly target him at all, which cost us a TD Monday night

If you don’t stare him down you’ll get sacked before you realize he is open.,

Smfh

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Or the broken tackles and BrkTK/Att:
1603974004230.png
1603974058137.png
or The YBC
1603974141494.png

or the YAC
1603974207096.png

With AR playing soft and giving up 2 INT's, it could easily be argued that DM is doing the most with the least as far as offensive production. He is a one cut downhill runner that Nagy is forcing to run from a dead stop in the shotgun formation into a rugby scrum of an offensive lineman being pushed into the backfield.

Another player Nagy is fucking over by not playing to his strengths but forcing him into his shit hole offensive scheme. And I am using the term offensive scheme very lightly.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
unfortunately Monty dances too much instead of just lowering his head and hitting the hole. he does not have the speed to dance like leveon bell or even devin hester use to. Bears would be wise to draft another back in rds 3-5 next yr
Hitting the hole? hitting the hole?...asking for a friend(DM),what is this thing you call a hole?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trubisky.
Na, one of the best backups in the league.

Cody is in his best spot. He's just got a small ass and it shows against certain DLs. That won't improve at G. Thought he might be a C coming out due to his stature smarts and strong hands. Said it before he practiced there. Just wish he could hike a spiral.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I went to a seance last night and talked to Gale Sayers ghost, he said, "All I asked for was 18 inches of daylight and I'm gone. I would have had to negotiate for 6-7 inches with this Bears offensive line."