Movie Tropes That Make No Sense In Reality

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The sound of guns in general is absurd; from a "sounding impressive for impact in a movie" standpoint, actual gunfire is relatively unremarkable.

Albeit REALLY fucking loud if you do not have ear protection on.

Some of these guys fire literally thousands of rounds without ear protection. They should spend halve the movie literally saying "what" to every person that spoke to them.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Albeit REALLY fucking loud if you do not have ear protection on.

Some of these guys fire literally thousands of rounds without ear protection. They should spend halve the movie literally saying "what" to every person that spoke to them.

And without reloading, far more impressive.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In every car chase, one of the cars involved inevitably hits a parked car, but never actually "hits it". It somehow goes up and over the back corner of the parked car, and explodes.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And of course, the ever-contradictory fist fight versus single punch.

Two guys in a bar/saloon will get in a fist fight, hit each other a dozen times, and neither will show any sign they were even touched, then one channel over, one character will punch another one time, knocking him unconscious. And, of course, whenever that person comes to (as is convenient to the plot) they have no ill effect from the punch.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Can we talk about the trope where physics just kinda doesn't exist?

That's my favorite, honestly. I legitimately enjoy the fast & furious movies specifically due to how outlandish they are. I love the scene in Transporter 2 where statham flips his car in mid air, removes the bomb attached to the undercarriage by grazing the crane, then lands back on his wheels and drives off lmao.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And of course, the ever-contradictory fist fight versus single punch.

Two guys in a bar/saloon will get in a fist fight, hit each other a dozen times, and neither will show any sign they were even touched, then one channel over, one character will punch another one time, knocking him unconscious. And, of course, whenever that person comes to (as is convenient to the plot) they have no ill effect from the punch.

Have you seen Mad Max Fury road?

Lol when he punches Nux one time in the chest and he crumples and is disabled for like 20 minutes.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's my favorite, honestly. I legitimately enjoy the fast & furious movies specifically due to how outlandish they are. I love the scene in Transporter 2 where statham flips his car in mid air, removes the bomb attached to the undercarriage by grazing the crane, then lands back on his wheels and drives off lmao.

You can do that shit in a leased Audi.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just noticed another one. Why is it in every movie, if an actor is taking a pill or on a prescription, they always take it without any water? Lol wtf I’ve never swallowed a pill in my life without a glass of water.

oh they also always have to have their pill bottle on them and always open it so aggressively lol and throw the pill down their throat

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just noticed another one. Why is it in every movie, if an actor is taking a pill or on a prescription, they always take it without any water? Lol wtf I’ve never swallowed a pill in my life without a glass of water.

oh they also always have to have their pill bottle on them and always open it so aggressively lol and throw the pill down their throat

I secretly have been wondering my entire life if I am the only pussy who needs water to take pills lol

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How about when people smoke in a movie, light a cig, take one drag.... drop it and crush it under their shoe.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last night, I watched "Get Shorty" for about the 4th time..
There is a scene in there where Danny Devito orders an omelette for the entire table just the way he likes em made.. Then proceeds to leave and not one person ate anything.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I remember a similar thread to this a while back someone brought up something I would never have thought of but I have noticed it since. On TV shows when people enter the house they don’t close the front door. I don’t know if that’s still true but on older shows I started noticing it and found it very funny.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Computer monitors making beeping sounds as text appears.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Computer monitors making beeping sounds as text appears.

I love when characters come up with some like weird out-of-the-box plan and the computer program they use has an oddly apt display.

Like they decide to overload a power system to cause it to explode, and when the time comes the display has giant letters saying "INITIATE OVERLOAD?"

Aint no programmer building you a UI for that shit lol it'd be a UNIX script or some shit you execute from a command line.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
-when the protagonist finds himself in a situation where he's outnumbered in a fight and yet the fighters decide to take him on 1 on 1 instead of just ambushing him.

One at a time. Otherwise we'll run into each other and get confused.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm currently watching US Marshalls. It's the scene where Tommy Lee Jones is in the ambulance with the dude who Robert Downey Jr. shot. TLJ clearly has blood on his hands in the scene, and he is putting his face in his hands - but no blood on the face.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the coffee. everyone's like 'want a coffee' even at like 3 am? or the people who show up inside or outside people's places without you know calling first