Mustipher played last 34 games for Bears...

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
A guy that no team has any interest in, basically a below replacment level player, has started for the Bears for the last 2 seasons.

Our OL is bound to be better this season. If no OT in the 1st I think very likely a 2nd rounder is spent on a capable interior OL.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A guy that no team has any interest in, basically a below replacment level player, has started for the Bears for the last 2 seasons.

Our OL is bound to be better this season. If no OT in the 1st I think very likely a 2nd rounder is spent on a capable interior OL.

Right now Bears potentially have no capable starters on the offensive line

LT: Braxton Jones is still a mystery does he improve and figure things out or is he a Mustipher clone.
LG: Nate Davis is Titans scraps good enough from when I've seen he's awful as a pass protector.
C: Cody Whitehair looked bad last season before he got injured and now he's changing positions?
RG: Teven Jenkins can he even stay healthy?
RT: Nobody not even a decent back up

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now Bears potentially have no capable starters on the offensive line

LT: Braxton Jones is still a mystery does he improve and figure things out or is he a Mustipher clone.
LG: Nate Davis is Titans scraps good enough from when I've seen he's awful as a pass protector.
C: Cody Whitehair looked bad last season before he got injured and now he's changing positions?
RG: Teven Jenkins can he even stay healthy?
RT: Nobody not even a decent back up
Oh please. Braxton Jones had a good rookie year so why say he is still a mystery? Jenkins was great at G. Injuries a worry for anybody. Bears, with most cap space, passed on some RTs in free agency. The easy assumption to be made is they've targeted 1 or more to be drafted.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh please. Braxton Jones had a good rookie year so why say he is still a mystery? Jenkins was great at G. Injuries a worry for anybody. Bears, with most cap space, passed on some RTs in free agency. The easy assumption to be made is they've targeted 1 or more to be drafted.

Assumption? Bears offensive line has been bad for almost a decade hopefully they don't neglect it again. Round 1 should be offensive line 100%!

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Olin Kreutz thinks 32 NFL teams have no clue what they're looking at.
Now that Mustipher is no longer stealing a roster spot, and no NFL team is stupid enough to pay for someone that bad, he can devote his FULL ATTENTION to blocking people on Twatter that calls him a scrub/bum.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:

3/30 with 20m guaranteed. Sure hope he isn't scrap heap.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assumption? Bears offensive line has been bad for almost a decade hopefully they don't neglect it again. Round 1 should be offensive line 100%!
Rated #14 by PFF and have to assume they just got better with Mustipher leaving. Also expect 2 linemen to be drafted, thinking OT and C.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I think in 2021 due to injuries he started and they kept him in 2022 for the tank job.

The fact that no team is interested shows he is below replacement level. Tape don't lie.
He helped to secure the first overall draft spot!
A round of applause please.

No seriously, every time that guy got a game check, he was stealing money.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

If Cody Whitehair isn't putting multiple snaps a game three yards over the head of the QB the Bears should be better at center, theoretically.

But Whitehair wasn't a good center to begin with.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Lucas Patrick was brought in last year to replace him, but ended up playing in other positions, and getting hurt.

I might not be the "sky is falling" kind of guy, but I too have been underwhelmed at the FA approach to fixing the O-line.

The one position that I thought might be a place to fix through FA was Center, and it appears that they are going into the season with Whitehair, Patrick or a rookie slotted at Center. Patrick is likely the best of three bad options. The Center has a lot on his plate, calling out protections, making sure the exchange with the QB is perfect, and handling the big boys up the middle/ getting to the next level in space. That is a lot for a rookie.

I think Center is more critical than RT, because I think Jenkins can play RT, with him and Davis we just might have a road grinding right side we can run behind. I think Jones showed a lot for a rookie, and hope he can improve. Whitehair is better at guard, and maybe we can draft a guard to press him/replace him.

I think McGovern is still available, but I guess at 30 years old, there is no chance Poles goes out to get him.....

Hell with it.....bring Mustie back, he might actually be the best option :what:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
But Whitehair wasn't a good center to begin with.
Agreed. I really wasn't happy we let Daniels walk due to the OL talent shortage, but necessary for the tank job.

Early to mid 2nd round is a perfect spot to find starting interior OL if you draft well.. and Poles needs to get that done.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think in 2021 due to injuries he started and they kept him in 2022 for the tank job.

The fact that no team is interested shows he is below replacement level. Tape don't lie.
They signed a new center for 2022 but he got a hand injury so couldn't snap.