My #1 worry about this offseason. (with bonus mock offseason)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I worry about George.

This season will be long. It will be hard on the fans... and as we all know, George is a fan.

If Fields doesn't clearly take the reigns by the end of the season I could see George getting impatient and making some desperate move at QB.

George is an idiot. He can't think long term. Give him a 9-8 season with a #7 playoff seed and the guy will happily wallow in it like a pig in shit.

There's several QB's that will be free agent's that can help George get that 9-8 season but won't solve anything long term.

All Free Agents. All have starting experience. All average at best to shitty.

Jimmy Garoppolo
Teddy Bridgewater
Jacoby Brissett
Cooper Rush
Baker Mayfield
Daniel Jones

None of us would sign any of these guys. But George.... just hoping to play some Lovie Ball? You never really know do you? Jimmy G is the one that worries me the most. Home town kid with moderate NFL success. He'd provide some stability and professionalism at the position. You can get to the playoffs with him as your QB. But it doesn't solve anything long term. I just worry George can't think long term. And I'm not sure if Poles has the stones to say no.

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t mind Rush on a QB2 contract, if nothing else he’s a capable backup and it also sends a message that “learning on the job” does have a minimum required level of performance.

Edit: but agree with your point that George needs to sign checks and hangout at Halas Hall - no football decisions outside of keep/replace GM.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t mind Rush on a QB2 contract, if nothing else he’s a capable backup and it also sends a message that “learning on the job” does have a minimum required level of performance.

Edit: but agree with your point that George needs to sign checks and hangout at Halas Hall - no football decisions outside of keep/replace GM.

Oh Rush as a QB2 I'd be all in on.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If the goal is to have a QB that can play similarly to Fields and provide competition, wouldn't the wise plan e to sign Danny Dimes to compete with Fields?

Anyway, I am pessimistic about everything George does. I have a cousin that is a complete buffoon and George reminds me of him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The George Offseason:
(BaBa's nightmare)

1. Jimmy G
2. JuJu
3. Average Center we overpay for.
4. Huge overpay for Roquan
5. Below average tackle on the backside of his career we overpay for.

Draft.

1. 3 tech
2. DE
3. LB
4. TE
5. WR
6. OL
7. Safety

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The George Offseason:
(BaBa's nightmare)

1. Jimmy G
2. JuJu

Draft.

1. 3 tech
2. DE
3. LB
4. TE
5. WR
6. OL
7. Safety
It’s got those pace year 2-3 desperation feels to it. Even this year was very similar to pace year one except poles was smart enough to walk away from an injured big defense signing while pace couldn’t help himself with mcknee

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I worry about George.

This season will be long. It will be hard on the fans... and as we all know, George is a fan.

If Fields doesn't clearly take the reigns by the end of the season I could see George getting impatient and making some desperate move at QB.

George is an idiot. He can't think long term. Give him a 9-8 season with a #7 playoff seed and the guy will happily wallow in it like a pig in shit.

There's several QB's that will be free agent's that can help George get that 9-8 season but won't solve anything long term.

All Free Agents. All have starting experience. All average at best to shitty.

Jimmy Garoppolo
Teddy Bridgewater
Jacoby Brissett
Cooper Rush
Baker Mayfield
Daniel Jones

None of us would sign any of these guys. But George.... just hoping to play some Lovie Ball? You never really know do you? Jimmy G is the one that worries me the most. Home town kid with moderate NFL success. He'd provide some stability and professionalism at the position. You can get to the playoffs with him as your QB. But it doesn't solve anything long term. I just worry George can't think long term. And I'm not sure if Poles has the stones to say no.
I am on record saying if he does anything even close to something this ignorant, like signing Cooper Rush or really any of those quarterbacks you listed i will go follow another team until he steps down. They are all terrible.

The only qb not your list that I WOULD go after, pending Fields 2022 is Tyler Huntley. If Fields is 'meh' at the end of the season absolultely go hard after Huntely imo.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Personally, I wouldn't sign any of those QB's, but Jimmy G gets a lot of unnecessary heat.
  • Like it or not, Jimmy G is 38-17 as a starter
    • 36 of those wins as a 49er
    • 2 NFC Title games and frankly he should have won the Superbowl against the Chiefs.
  • For all the "Hype" of Kyle Shanahan, his record without Jimmy G as the starter....9-29
    • Think about that for a second...KS is supposed to be the amazing genius, yet he can't win a game unless Jimmy G IS his starting QB
Is Jimmy G elite, hell no, not even close. But the guy wins games, plain and simple.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the goal is to have a QB that can play similarly to Fields and provide competition, wouldn't the wise plan e to sign Danny Dimes to compete with Fields?

Anyway, I am pessimistic about everything George does. I have a cousin that is a complete buffoon and George reminds me of him.

No to Danny Dimes. Why do people consider him at all? He’s fucking terrible

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Personally, I wouldn't sign any of those QB's, but Jimmy G gets a lot of unnecessary heat.
  • Like it or not, Jimmy G is 38-17 as a starter
    • 36 of those wins as a 49er
    • 2 NFC Title games and frankly he should have won the Superbowl against the Chiefs.
  • For all the "Hype" of Kyle Shanahan, his record without Jimmy G as the starter....9-29
    • Think about that for a second...KS is supposed to be the amazing genius, yet he can't win a game unless Jimmy G IS his starting QB
Is Jimmy G elite, hell no, not even close. But the guy wins games, plain and simple.

They lost the SB because of Jimmy G. He choked in the 4th and missed the GW TD throw to Sanders. He then was the reason they lost the NFCCG to the Rams

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The George Offseason:
(BaBa's nightmare)

1. Jimmy G
2. JuJu

Draft.

1. 3 tech
2. DE
3. LB
4. TE
5. WR
6. OL
7. Safety

You simply can’t attack the draft like that. That’s how you draft bums.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I love Bears fans shaking their head at a career 98+ QBR player. 15 points above any other Bears QB. At this point, the Bears will be lucky if Fields even gets to this level in his career.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I love Bears fans shaking their head at a career 98+ QBR player. 15 points above any other Bears QB. At this point, the Bears will be lucky if Fields even gets to this level in his career.

Well the question is, can you win a SB with Jimmy G? Even with a stacked roster, the guy simply couldn’t get it done. Shanny has such little faith in him that he packaged 3 1sts to draft an unproven FCS player to replace him. Is Jimmy G a competent starter? Yes he is. Can he lead a team to a SB victory? I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that he can’t.

I’m not interested in getting a player or a coach that simply gets to the playoffs. That isn’t “winning,” it’s just settling for being good.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
They lost the SB because of Jimmy G. He choked in the 4th and missed the GW TD throw to Sanders. He then was the reason they lost the NFCCG to the Rams

They lost the Superbowl because Shanahan did what he does best, which is turtle as a coach and blow it (does 28-3 ring a bell, that KS as the OC for Atlanta). Both Mahomes and Jimmy G had 2 INT's each so there was a wash there.

KS botched the game as usual, just like he did as the OC for the Falcons in the Superbowl. He turtles in the 4th when the game is on the line. Went away from what was working (middle of the field to Kittle) and Play action. That lose was not on Jimmy G. If you want to argue that he had a part in it, sure, but to say they lose because of him, no, that didn't happen. You want to talk about the play that did lose it for SanFran, it was the botched coverage on the Mahomes bomb in the 4th. Don't give that up, game is over.

Again, did I say Jimmy G was elite, no. But does he win games, yes he does. Not to mention wins more games than any Chicago QB we have ever had.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They lost the Superbowl because Shanahan did what he does best, which is turtle as a coach and blow it (does 28-3 ring a bell, that KS as the OC for Atlanta). Both Mahomes and Jimmy G had 2 INT's each so there was a wash there.

KS botched the game as usual, just like he did as the OC for the Falcons in the Superbowl. He turtles in the 4th when the game is on the line. Went away from what was working (middle of the field to Kittle) and Play action. That lose was not on Jimmy G. If you want to argue that he had a part in it, sure, but to say they lose because of him, no, that didn't happen. You want to talk about the play that did lose it for SanFran, it was the botched coverage on the Mahomes bomb in the 4th. Don't give that up, game is over.

Again, did I say Jimmy G was elite, no. But does he win games, yes he does. Not to mention wins more games than any Chicago QB we have ever had.
The Mahomes bomb happened when the Niners were up 10. It didn’t give up the lead.

Kyle is not blameless for those losses but he dialed up the perfect play, had Sanders wide open by a few yards and JG simply missed the throw Trubisky style. Jimmy can get this team to win 10-12games if he has a dominant running game and dominant defense but he doesn’t the make the players around him better. It would just be more of the same for this franchise in the postseason.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Well the question is, can you win a SB with Jimmy G? Even with a stacked roster, the guy simply couldn’t get it done. Shanny has such little faith in him that he packaged 3 1sts to draft an unproven FCS player to replace him. Is Jimmy G a competent starter? Yes he is. Can he lead a team to a SB victory? I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that he can’t.

I’m not interested in getting a player or a coach that simply gets to the playoffs. That isn’t “winning,” it’s just settling for being good.
Trying to understand your logic here....
  • Shanny is notorious for botching games in the 4th no matter who his QB is (See Atlanta in the Superbowl)
  • Trey Lance, in limited action, hasn't shown much and that trade, as it stands right now, looks damn near (and dare is say) Chicago-esk with Mitch? The guy is only completing 54% of his passes when he plays
  • Winning the Superbowl is one of the hardest titles to win. For all of Rodger's "greatness" he only has 1 ring to show for it. Would you take Josh Allan or Lamar Jackson? I mean, they haven't won't anything yet. Would you take Herbert or Joe Burrow, they haven't won anything yet. It sounds like the kind of winning you want has only been done by 1 guy, Tom Brady.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Hahaha. I knew there would be people that think this is a good idea.