My Cause My Cleats

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Bernard Berrian is rolling over in his grave.

It may be that I'm biased but the Bears' players' causes are lacking inspiration (actually most of the NFL players are). Overly popular causes that don't need the free advertising, even if some are not the big names of the issues. We need to spread it around to more than kids, cancer and military vets.

I saw one on the Bears for homeless teens which is good, an underfunded issue. But Red Cross and Breast Cancer??? Give me a break. Doesn't the NFL already pump enough cash into breast cancer?
Most of the ones outside of the popularity box are because they have someone in their family affected. And this is why I don't buy into charity being the answer (that and the high salaries of the charity CEOs).

This is my favorite, Michael Mauti from the Saints. As I said I'm biased. I knew Colitis Ninja when she was just starting out in advocacy and glad she gets her image some air time linked to CCF and in her home state.
No, he's not thinking outside of the box either, he has Ulcerative Colitis. I wonder if Seantrel Henderson picked CCF or NORML.
attachment.php

Michael Mauti cleats.jpg

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What if that players mom or grandma died from breast cancer?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What if that players mom or grandma died from breast cancer?

Like my aunt did? And my cousin (her daughter) had (cured)? It still gets too much money and pockets too much of it. There has to be a better organization for breast cancer than the pink ribbons the NFL already gives a crap ton to. It does hit a lot of people.

Some of the Bears (or ex Bears for Barf) have Colon Cancer for their cause because of family. I think it's a great cause (#2 leading cancer killer) but the government already advertises for that issue, Dr's advertise for it.
I just don't know if a charity advertising too is going to get more than the 33% who already do willing to have a 6ft hose stuck up their ass. I have Crohn's and Aunt had colon cancer and I still can't get family members to get scoped.

But I do understand those with friends and family affected having the overly popular causes as their cause. They're forgiven. (Obviously I have a personal bias for CCF so I do get it.)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Players aren't going to pick a cause just because it is underfunded. They are going to pick a cause that hits home or has impacted them.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Some dumbfuck is gonna put on krapperdick cleets lol nfl’s cancer

Id put “save the bears franchise” on mine personally
Or “sell the bears franchise mccaskeys”
Thats a good cause

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Players aren't going to pick a cause just because it is underfunded. They are going to pick a cause that hits home or has impacted them.

Or because it's popular and they had to pick something. Or because a friend from college started a charity and they want to advertise for them (Mitch).

I can almost guarantee the Red Cross one is popularity not because of someone who was helped by the Red Cross unless blood donations. I have only heard complaints about them for disaster relief, including in my town.

But what you said is why charity is not the answer. Vasculitis isn't going to get many donations because most don't even know what it is.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Some dumbfuck is gonna put on krapperdick cleets lol nfl’s cancer

Id put “save the bears franchise” on mine personally
Or “sell the bears franchise mccaskeys”
Thats a good cause

LOL, the Firefox logo.

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
Is there something I’m missing? Why does it say “Bernard Berrian is rolling over in his grave”?? I’m pretty sure he’s alive and kicking.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My cause...providing intimate companionship to lonely single mothers and cash to broke crack dealers....how do I get that on my cleats?
Seems like an image of a toothless crack whore would work for both causes

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is there something I’m missing? Why does it say “Bernard Berrian is rolling over in his grave”?? I’m pretty sure he’s alive and kicking.

Bears only losing as much as they did then seems like a lifetime ago. (And he's still getting fined for off color cleats.)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm still stoked about this. Definitely be watching the Saints game after the Bears. Told her I was going to save this letter until she got famous and auction it off for millions.
attachment.php

1130171923.jpg

A Bear should have the Jay Cutler Foundation.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bernard Berrian is rolling over in his grave.

It may be that I'm biased but the Bears' players' causes are lacking inspiration (actually most of the NFL players are). Overly popular causes that don't need the free advertising, even if some are not the big names of the issues. We need to spread it around to more than kids, cancer and military vets.

I saw one on the Bears for homeless teens which is good, an underfunded issue. But Red Cross and Breast Cancer??? Give me a break. Doesn't the NFL already pump enough cash into breast cancer?
Most of the ones outside of the popularity box are because they have someone in their family affected. And this is why I don't buy into charity being the answer (that and the high salaries of the charity CEOs).

This is my favorite, Michael Mauti from the Saints. As I said I'm biased. I knew Colitis Ninja when she was just starting out in advocacy and glad she gets her image some air time linked to CCF and in her home state.
No, he's not thinking outside of the box either, he has Ulcerative Colitis. I wonder if Seantrel Henderson picked CCF or NORML.
attachment.php

View attachment 2500

one break, coming up.........

https://www.sbnation.com/2012/10/26/3498376/nfl-pink-flags-breast-cancer-charity

As you can see, the only thing the NFL really cares about is, well, the NFL

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been said...players will likely chose what hits closest to home for their lives. The most common diseases and problems will get it.

I'd LOVE for one of them to promote the chart showing the top charities and how little actually goes to directly to the cause. There's more to it of course than just a % of dollar donated...it's the ratio of that to total dollars brought in.

But still, I donate to DONORSCHOOSE.ORG. https://www.donorschoose.org/about/finance.html

where 95% of the money goes straight to the cause and you can pick an actual teacher/classroom in your hometown to help directly. Pretty cool.

Not buying some CEO's next Lambo & golf round.

Where's the love for Prostate & Testicular Cancer BTW?? More common than breast cancer. I guess old balls aren't as valuable as boobs, regardless of their age.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's been said...players will likely chose what hits closest to home for their lives. The most common diseases and problems will get it.

I'd LOVE for one of them to promote the chart showing the top charities and how little actually goes to directly to the cause. There's more to it of course than just a % of dollar donated...it's the ratio of that to total dollars brought in.

But still, I donate to DONORSCHOOSE.ORG. https://www.donorschoose.org/about/finance.html

where 95% of the money goes straight to the cause and you can pick an actual teacher/classroom in your hometown to help directly. Pretty cool.

Not buying some CEO's next Lambo & golf round.

Where's the love for Prostate & Testicular Cancer BTW?? More common than breast cancer. I guess old balls aren't as valuable as boobs, regardless of their age.

I have a big problem with the charity CEOs making as much as they do. I realize they have to rub elbows with the rich to get enough money to matter. So they should stop begging me for pennies.
Crohn's Colitis Foundation wants $30 to join to get a bathroom card, no special patient rate, no cheap card. The card I carry was a charity that gave out cards and I buy ones for $2.50 to hand out when I meet someone with IBD. I don't push people to donate to them because I don't know anyone who makes more than their CEO. Their dinners often have food that nobody with IBD can eat. They want us there to hold up for money but are clueless (complaints have fixed some of it).

I'm really pissed at ALS for stealing the ice bucket meant for people to pick any charity, and then considered suing others for using it.
IMO most charities are all about making themselves money. Helping anyone is just a means to make money.
I'm amazed Kohmen isn't suing the NFL for using pink for ACS. (Speaking of ACS, when I had a testicular cancer scare they basically threw some pamphlets at me, no help at all and they were neighbors of where I worked at the time. If it's not money making breast cancer they don't care.)