My Fantasy Football Dilemma

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
I should preface this by saying I'm a poor SOB living in Packerland...it sucks!

Twelve man non-PPR league. I draft 5th and it's a snake draft so my 2nd pick is not until 20.

My third year doing Fantasy Football, this is the only league I've ever been in. I'm super competitive and I want to win it this year to shove it in their Packer-loving faces. ($25 buy-in, 3rd place wins their money back, so a chance for a decent chunk of change as well)

Who should by my first pick be, assuming AP, Foster, Ray Rice, Lynch are all gone, because I'm sure they will be knowing this group?

Also, I've gone with the beloved for D/ST the last two years...do I dare do it again?

We also have a defensive player for the first time this year, my thoughts are on the kid from Carolina (Kuekley sp?), but I'm not sure how high/low to draft him.

Let's band together and beat these cheeseheads!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You still go RB with the first pick. Charles, Martin or Spiller. And consider RB for the 2nd pick unless JOhnson os stting there at WR. But get two rb's and a wr in the first three rounds. IMO

Bears are a real solid pick for DEF/ST

What are thinking (position wise) about the rest of the draft?

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
McCoy would be a VERY good pick in a PPR league as well as Spiller. Reggie Bush may be a steal in the second for you as well. I think he will catch 80 balls this year.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
RB for sure pick one, just not sure which one. So many teams run with 2 backs nowadays. I'm leaning towards Martin. I'm thinking about picking up Matthews for my 2nd back, he looks good this preseason, don't know if I can trust him to stay healthy though.

I'm lost on TE, always have been. Last year I had Pettigrew, which didn't do much for me. At least we are doing it online this year, so I'll have an updated list of BPA instead of doing it pen and paper style.

I had Marshall for WR along with Julio Jones, so that was awesome for the most part. BM fell in our draft for some reason. I'd take Julio again for sure if I can, thnking Brees for QB if I can swing it. Reuniting with Payton should be good for him.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morris, Spiller or Richardson in that order in non PPR. That's considering that AP, Martin, Charles are all gone.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Some would call Forte a reach at that spot but I'd do it anyway. I think he is very under ranked. Spiller just dropped on my board with the Bills QB situation. He's going to be seeing some heavy fronts.
Richardson is a very solid choice at that position as well.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Thanks guys I'll take it under advisement. I think Forte would be a big reach at 5, but I don't see him being there at 20 either. If he is, I'd take him there, but historically speaking, Forte doesn't get into the endzone as much as those other guys, which is why I don't think taking him 5th would be a good idea.

I'm hoping for Martin, but I'd take Morris/Spiller/Richardson otherwise. I know these guys well, and AP is going 1, 2,3 will be Ray Rice/Arian Foster. So I should be able to get Martin or Morris at 5.

What WR and TE do you guys recommend for non-PPR formats?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Some would call Forte a reach at that spot but I'd do it anyway. I think he is very under ranked. Spiller just dropped on my board with the Bills QB situation. He's going to be seeing some heavy fronts.
Richardson is a very solid choice at that position as well.

I would consider Forte in a PPR league, but the OP's league is not PPR, so no way does he take Forte with the 5th

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Thanks guys I'll take it under advisement. I think Forte would be a big reach at 5, but I don't see him being there at 20 either. If he is, I'd take him there, but historically speaking, Forte doesn't get into the endzone as much as those other guys, which is why I don't think taking him 5th would be a good idea.

I'm hoping for Martin, but I'd take Morris/Spiller/Richardson otherwise. I know these guys well, and AP is going 1, 2,3 will be Ray Rice/Arian Foster. So I should be able to get Martin or Morris at 5.

What WR and TE do you guys recommend for non-PPR formats?
Take TE Jordan Cameron in the 9th or 10th round.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Draft is today at 2:45 so I'll post the results later tonight...unless I'm too embarrassed :shot:

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I took Forte in the first in my league. We're PPR though, and he stays healthy, damn well worth the pick.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Sproles in the second would be a great pick in a ppr league.

Didn't see the non ppr.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I got AP in my first and Forte in the 4th in my draft. Made me happy

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
How the hell did forte last til the fourth?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Well here is the team: (I misread the bye weeks on my QBs which is why I have three of them right now. I plan on using one for a trade or waiver move before week 1)

QBs: RGIII, Big Ben, Sam Bradford
RBs: Ray Rice (can't believe he fell to 5), Mark Ingram, Michael Bush, Robert Turbin (other than Rice, this is pretty weak I think)
WRs: AJ Green, Andre Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright
TE: Jordan Cameron (9th round pick, I got mad props on that, so thanks, Zeek!)
DP: Luke Kuechly
D/ST: Da Bears
K: Robbie Gould (my last pick in round 16, it was between him and San Fran's kicker, I went with the homer pick)

Turbin was added due to the dude before me taking Pierce, who I was going to handcuff with Ray Rice. His buddy wanted Turbin to run with Lynch, so I picked him up in round 15 instead two picks before him.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Well here is the team: (I misread the bye weeks on my QBs which is why I have three of them right now. I plan on using one for a trade or waiver move before week 1)

QBs: RGIII, Big Ben, Sam Bradford
RBs: Ray Rice (can't believe he fell to 5), Mark Ingram, Michael Bush, Robert Turbin (other than Rice, this is pretty weak I think)
WRs: AJ Green, Andre Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright
TE: Jordan Cameron (9th round pick, I got mad props on that, so thanks, Zeek!)
DP: Luke Kuechly
D/ST: Da Bears
K: Robbie Gould (my last pick in round 16, it was between him and San Fran's kicker, I went with the homer pick)

Turbin was added due to the dude before me taking Pierce, who I was going to handcuff with Ray Rice. His buddy wanted Turbin to run with Lynch, so I picked him up in round 15 instead two picks before him.

Mark Ingram is going to be a better fantasy player than most predict, but that is a bit weak for RBs. Find a way to turn Big Ben into something.