My favorite 2015 CB prospects

Liked Posts:
Kevin Johnson out of Wake Forest, & Alex Carter from Standford is another I like as well

ostqwj.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6xmW47G-w0

For those who understand 3-4 defenses, have a clear understanding that the Jack OLB or more modern Hybrid LEO LB, Nose Tackle & CB are vital pieces to a having a strong 3-4 or Hybrid. You must have two CB's that are both capable of playing sufficiently in zero coverage technique with no help over the top from the safeties.

Johnson isn't going to knock anyone out of their shoes when he tackles, or blow anyone away as a run defender. He's a wrap up tackler but he makes the play. However I believe that he plays off coverage, & man coverage down the field as well as any CB in this draft, if not the best. He sticks to his man like glue. IMO he is the best pure 3-4 cover CB in this draft & I would love to have this kid on the outside opposite Fuller for the next 4+ years. Unless this kid climbs the boards, which wouldn't shock me at all, I think he'll be a steal outside of the first round.

So far two defenders I really hope to see the Bears draft are:

OLB/DE: Alvin Dupree

&

CB: Kevin Johnson or Alex Carter

I really hope the Bears draft both Dupree & either one of the two CB's mentioned.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like the way you think. Kevin Johnson was the best CB I saw play in college football this year. Not saying he's the most talented, going to project to be the best or anything like that. But he was the most impressive CB I watched play this year. He is very tough to get open against, at the collegiate level

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Sticking to your guy like glue is a great way to force QBs to hold onto the ball long enough to rack up sacks. If he can force a QB to hold onto the ball I really dont care how he does in the run game. We have ten other guys on the field that can make the tackle, but few people on our roster that can cover for longer than a 3 step drop

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Sticking to your guy like glue is a great way to force QBs to hold onto the ball long enough to rack up sacks. If he can force a QB to hold onto the ball I really dont care how he does in the run game. We have ten other guys on the field that can make the tackle, but few people on our roster that can cover for longer than a 3 step drop

I don't know about that...

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
well in theory anyway, I am placing a lot of faith in Fangio that he will make some of our underperforming talent from last year play competently next season

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
well in theory anyway, I am placing a lot of faith in Fangio that he will make some of our underperforming talent from last year play competently next season

Well, he certainly can't make them any worse.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If the front office feels he has figured out all his character concerns, marcus peters is someone who could be there in the 2nd also and is a really good cover corner. Most likely would have been the first corner taken if not for the character issues.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
haven't heard much on the guy TBH...ill hafta check out some stuff on him. ive been high on kevin white from TCU

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He needs to add another 10 pounds minimum to that frame though.

If either PJ Williams, Jalen Collins, or Marcus Peters were the picks in the 2nd I would be really happy.