My favorite offensive skill position player in this draft

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
To be clear. I think there are several worthy candidates at both the Wr and RB back position coming out this year. But for my money, as it stands right now. Based off of games watched. The player that has the most "It" factor in this class. The player that can gut the heart of a defense in a variety of ways, from more than one position on the football field. Is none other than Laviska Shenault. He's a true unicorn. Not totally refined. But as scary as they come for his size, at his position.

My full breakdown on him will come later in the year. This video is just for those who don't follow CFB too close to get a taste. For those unfamiliar with the player from a school not on everyones radar. I'm not big on player comps. But if I were I'd say he has the toughness of Antoine Bolden, and the athleticism of Sammy Watkins.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Definitely want a WR in the 2nd as I think class is very deep. Wanted a speed guy like Ruggs or Reagor but this guy looks intriguing.

Built a bit like Patterson but hopefully can translate that athleticism into NFL production.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
To be clear. I think there are several worthy candidates at both the Wr and RB back position coming out this year. But for my money, as it stands right now. Based off of games watched. The player that has the most "It" factor in this class. The player that can gut the heart of a defense in a variety of ways, from more than one position on the football field. Is none other than Laviska Shenault. He's a true unicorn. Not totally refined. But as scary as they come for his size, at his position.

My full breakdown on him will come later in the year. This video is just for those who don't follow CFB too close to get a taste. For those unfamiliar with the player from a school not on everyones radar. I'm not big on player comps. But if I were I'd say he has the toughness of Antoine Bolden, and the athleticism of Sammy Watkins.

Theres no way mitch can get this guy the ball like he is getting it in this video. Sorry but hard pass.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Definitely want a WR in the 2nd as I think class is very deep. Wanted a speed guy like Ruggs or Reagor but this guy looks intriguing.

Built a bit like Patterson but hopefully can translate that athleticism into NFL production.

He actually reminds me of Patterson. More athlete than receiver at this point. Raw, not really a nuanced route runner. Big and fast, and a playmaker. He'll probably be a better WR than Patterson, but I think he's more likely to put up Sammy Watkins erratic type numbers than true #1 WR or a high volume slot guy.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He actually reminds me of Patterson. More athlete than receiver at this point. Raw, not really a nuanced route runner. Big and fast, and a playmaker. He'll probably be a better WR than Patterson, but I think he's more likely to put up Sammy Watkins erratic type numbers than true #1 WR or a high volume slot guy.
I've watched him quite a bit both from last year and this year. He was a mid season all American in 18. And his game has improved since. He's not nearly as raw as Patterson or say, Breshad Perriman coming out. Raw isn't the right term. That's how I would have described him in 18. In 19 I'd say he's not quite refined. He's somewhere in the middle atm. I certainly don't think he's the best of the bunch. I just like his game. He'd be a nice number 2 option with a very high ceiling. Plus the threat of jet sweeps and some things out of the back field. Like Sanu, or Boldin. The bears need to bring in an explosive element, as Remy pointed out. In some form, or fashion. Wether it be at RB or WR.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I've watched him quite a bit both from last year and this year. He was a mid season all American in 18. And his game has improved since. He's not nearly as raw as Patterson or say, Breshad Perriman coming out. Raw isn't the right term. That's how I would have described him in 18. In 19 I'd say he's not quite refined. He's somewhere in the middle atm. I certainly don't think he's the best of the bunch. I just like his game. He'd be a nice number 2 option with a very high ceiling. Plus the threat of jet sweeps and some things out of the back field. Like Sanu, or Boldin. The bears need to bring in an explosive element, as Remy pointed out. In some form, or fashion. Wether it be at RB or WR.

Yeah, you're right. Raw isn't a good description. I completely agree with most of this. One thing I will object to is the mention of Boldin. I don't see a guy that's going to catch 100 passes over the middle of the field and take hits. His ceiling is probably a 60 catch, 1000 yard, 10 TD guy. Still very good, and maybe exactly what the Bears need.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yeah, you're right. Raw isn't a good description. I completely agree with most of this. One thing I will object to is the mention of Boldin. I don't see a guy that's going to catch 100 passes over the middle of the field and take hits. His ceiling is probably a 60 catch, 1000 yard, 10 TD guy. Still very good, and maybe exactly what the Bears need.

I got you. To be clear my Boldin comp is more body type and physical play. I agree he's not going to be that dominant possession type. Much better burst and twitch. He just has some of that nasty in the way he finishes plays.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another guy he reminds me of if we looking for a guy with more promise than Patterson is Deebo Samuel from niners. He is taller 6-2 vs 5-11 and bigger 220 vs 216 but both WRs with more of a RB's mentality and build.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Another guy he reminds me of if we looking for a guy with more promise than Patterson is Deebo Samuel from niners. He is taller 6-2 vs 5-11 and bigger 220 vs 216 but both WRs with more of a RB's mentality and build.
Exactly. I think of Deebo and juju Smith in terms of mentality. By all accounts he's a great kid. High character. Strong family background. His dreads are in memory of his father who he witnessed get killed on the interstate at the age of 10 when his parents pulled over to do a driver change. He was hit by two vehicles.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hadn't had a chance to watch this guy yet. Great athlete, does remind of Deebo after the catch - Deebo was one of my favorite WR prospects.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
@remydat here's another player to put on your radar. Cut from a different cloth but extremely explosive and plays big in traffic. Will tear up the combine. I feel he will go right around the the 45th-60thpick. Sooner in a class not as loaded.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
J.R is not just a one trick pony. He does have that one trick and it's hellacious but his footwork is also nasty setting up defenders. Underneath or down field.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah mentioned him in post 2 along with Ruggs as the 2 guys I had as my favorite targets.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Why yes. Yes you did. Servers me right for glossing. Fun fact: Jon Kitna was his hs coach. He also one a Texas state title in the long jump.