My favorite passrusher in this draft...

Liked Posts:
I know some people aren't going to like this, especially people in the Ray camp...But after watching some tape on these players, for me it's easily Alvin "Bud" Dupree & it's not even close. I like Ray, but I just don't think he'll be an every down defender at the pro level. With Dupree, as a pass rusher it's almost like watching a young Dwight Freeney all over again. However on top this Dupree has shown that that he can rush the passer standing up or with his hand in the dirt. He has the quick twitch & burst of the LOS, excellent pass rushing technique, speed & power, excellent size at 6'4"/270, & length, & the ability to play as a standard LB standing up with fluid hips, good run defense, good tackling, can play north, south, east, & west, & drop back into coverage.

IMO, Dupree looks like the complete OLB/LEO prospect in this draft & is going to be an every down defender.

168wvfp.jpg

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Run defense is still suspect like most of the edge rushers in this draft but he is as good of a prospect as Fowler. He can get pushed around a little and you can run at him so he isn't some impeccable prospect. He is explosive and he can get after the QB no doubt but I fail to see how he is better than Ray. You can make the case he is better than Gregory and Fowler but Ray is on a level above those guys.

Ray can do everything Dupree can except he is more explosive.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Dupree.

He is closer to the size of OLB that Fangio used in SF so that probably counts for something.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't watch much college football but most of what I'm reading has Gregory as the top pass rusher in the draft.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Don't watch much college football but most of what I'm reading has Gregory as the top pass rusher in the draft.

Gregory = Dion Jordan.

Stay away.

Ray is going to be the top edge rusher off the board on draft day. I could see him going at #3 to the Jags.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry I don't watch much college ball either, but Ray playing for Mizou and going from 2nd rd grade to possibly top 5 throws up major red flags for me...think DT or LT is a safer position to draft at #7.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this point I would rather trade down. I'm not convinced that any of the names being floated around as the most likely picks at 7 (mostly pass rushers) are the kind of blue chip prospects you want with a top ten pick. This team has so many needs, I would like to try and find a trading partner later in the round and pick up an extra second or second and third, depending on how far they trade down. Get (in no particular order) a pass rusher, OT and safety all in the top 50 overall.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point I would rather trade down. I'm not convinced that any of the names being floated around as the most likely picks at 7 (mostly pass rushers) are the kind of blue chip prospects you want with a top ten pick. This team has so many needs, I would like to try and find a trading partner later in the round and pick up an extra second or second and third, depending on how far they trade down. Get (in no particular order) a pass rusher, OT and safety all in the top 50 overall.

Where we going to get a QB?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
I don't know anything about any of these players but if the Bears do draft Gregory I will refer to him as Lord Gregor

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where we going to get a QB?
I don't know. This looks like the worst QB class in years. Might have to wait another year for a real franchise prospect? Maybe there's someone Pace and Fox like in the mid rounds that has some minor flaw - doesn't seem to take much to drop QBs down the board. Couple of inches in height, a coachable deficiency in technique, who knows. I'm hoping that's the case, that they can unearth one of the hidden gems.

Last edited:

DWBear

Liked Posts:
I don't know. This looks like the worst QB class in years. Might have to wait another year for a real franchise prospect? Maybe there's someone Pace and Fox like in the mid rounds that has some minor flaw - doesn't seem to take much to drop QBs down the board. Couple of inches in height, a coachable deficiency in technique, who knows. I'm going that's the case, that they can unearth one of the hidden gems.

I know. What horrible luck?! We land in the top 10 draft position in the worst QB class. I'm hoping that there is some undeveloped QB out there that can be ccoached up, because I don't think we'll be as bad as last year in this coming season.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know. This looks like the worst QB class in years. Might have to wait another year for a real franchise prospect? Maybe there's someone Pace and Fox like in the mid rounds that has some minor flaw - doesn't seem to take much to drop QBs down the board. Couple of inches in height, a coachable deficiency in technique, who knows. I'm hoping that's the case, that they can unearth one of the hidden gems.
I hear you but don't worry, I got it covered. Gonna trade for Foles and make him our starting QB for the next 1,000 years.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hear you but don't worry, I got it covered. Gonna trade for Foles and make him our starting QB for the next 1,000 years.
I hope you haven't got your heart too set on that one, because it's probably not happening.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope you haven't got your heart too set on that one, because it's probably not happening.

OK, would you believe the 6 teams in front of the Bears sour on Mariota and the Bears grab him and he turns out to be a taller version of Russelll Wilson and takes the Bears to the SB twice in his first 3 years?

Mitchapalooza

OK, would you believe the 6 teams in front of the Bears sour on Mariota and the Bears grab him and he turns out to be a taller version of Russelll Wilson and takes the Bears to the SB twice in his first 3 years?
I think I'm at the point where I'll get excited for any QB not named Cutler.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wilson ran a pro style offense at Wisconsin and we don't have the defense that took him to two superbowls. I'm not sure that Mariota is a starter in the NFL.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I've been high on Dupree for some time. Way out in front of Fowler. I don't think he plays anywhere near 270 though. Find out for sure in a few weeks. He will wreck the combine and solidify a top 15 grade. Kentucky used him in such an odd way. I wish he woulda had more of an opportunity to get after the QB this year.