My Favorite Running Back 2015 Draft Prospect

Liked Posts:
T.J. Yeldon out of Alabama. Man alive I really want the Bears to draft this kid. This kid & Forte running out of the backfield would be a handful for DC's. This kid is naturally everything I like to see in a blue chip HB prospect/potential pro. HB. The kid has the perfect size for a HB,to me at 6'2"/221 LBS. He has the listed measurable on paper that tends to get some to assume straight line power running cement head. Though Yeldon packs a helluva punch with very good size & power, the kid has great speed, agility, acceleration, & ability to make defenders miss.

Yeldon has to be the leanest 221 pound running back I've seen in a while. The kid is straight cut & looks to be in incredible physical shape. IMO, the Bears really need to make a smart pick in the draft & take a good HB like Yeldon before the 4th round. They have to do something to eat T.O.P. to help out both a struggling defense, as well as a struggling passing attack lead by a mistake prone starting QB, or potential rookie QB in development.

IMO the Bears have been trying to unsuccessfully piece together a two headed monster running attack since Jerry Angelo screwed the pooch by letting Thomas Jones walk. Since the day that the Bears let Jones walk I've always thought it was a bone head move. Especially with Benson never playing up to his potential from day 1. Since then the Bears have tried to overpay in FA for a second HB with Chester Taylor who was past his prime & probably unaware when he signed with the Bears before 2010 that his O-line was basically a gasoline alley. Along with Jones in 2011, Bush, & a skat HB in Carey, the Bears just haven't been able to find that second HB to balance out the offensive scheme, & eat T.O.P..

Not only do I believe that Yeldon would fit flawlessly with Forte. IMO Yeldon is clearly talented enough to be the #1 HB. Players like Yeldon are part of why I really hope the Bears do trade back in the draft this year. The draft just isn't the same hit & miss crapshoot that in used to be. These drafts are loaded with blue chip talent that anyone with two seeing eye's could see if they take the time to.

I really hope the Bears draft Yeldon though. IMO it just makes a ton of sense. He can be a horse HB, or a swiss arm knife do it all HB too.

My only real negative with Yeldon are that he can run to high/upright at times, & he isn't immune to the occasional fumble. Both are very coachable though.

IMO, Yeldon would be a great pick for now & life after Matt Forte.

2lwn70x.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipA3YefziJ0

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I posted this in a thread regarding RBs. I agree Yeldon could be a horse.

"A guy like TJ Yeldon might be around in the 3rd or 4th and would be a great value in that range. If Gordon is there in the 2nd, they should pick him. I believe he's going to be a great NFL running back. He has top ten talent but the league has devalued the position. I always find that a bit funny when I see Peterson or Lynch running the ball down the other teams' throats. There's nothing more demoralizing to a defense than to be dominated by a great running game. Seattle was one dumb play call from going back to back with that philosophy."

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The running back we want is Tevin Coleman from Indiana. This guy has the size and is a home run hitter. I think he is going be what Darren McFadden was supposed to be coming out of Arkansas.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Not a huge fan of Yeldon. He runs too upright.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The running back we want is Tevin Coleman from Indiana. This guy has the size and is a home run hitter. I think he is going be what Darren McFadden was supposed to be coming out of Arkansas.

He's Not as big or as fast as Mcfadden. Fast but not that fast. Melvin Gordon is more inline with McFadden from a height/weight/speed standpoint.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind Yeldon in the 3rd or 4th. I doubt he drops that far though.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
last guy we had that was an upright runner I believe was r. salaam. he ran upright. we need a straight up bulldozer. a guy that can plow through a line and keep going. we have not had a RB like that in a long time. past 10-15 years our backs were based on speed or finesse. to bad benson never worked out. I actually liked t. jones more at that time. I just think we need a guy that's a solid power back. atleast 1. we have none. we also have no idea what kind of offense we are going to see. either way, we should have a good power back to compliment forte.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
last guy we had that was an upright runner I believe was r. salaam. he ran upright. we need a straight up bulldozer. a guy that can plow through a line and keep going. we have not had a RB like that in a long time. past 10-15 years our backs were based on speed or finesse. to bad benson never worked out. I actually liked t. jones more at that time. I just think we need a guy that's a solid power back. atleast 1. we have none. we also have no idea what kind of offense we are going to see. either way, we should have a good power back to compliment forte.

I do like the potential in Kadeem Carey. It is possible that we already have Forte's replacement on the roster.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
jalston fowler is my pick, can be had in the later rounds and with all the talent bama had he was stuck as a FB for most of the time but when he did run he showed nice power, elusiveness, cod and quickness. He kind of reminds me of bettis and the bears need more of a power back to if the plan is to run the ball early and often with fox.