My Justin Fields Prediction (not pretty but probably true)

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Disclaimer: I’m a Dalton fan. He’s playing for the Bears, which to me is cool because of my being a huge Bears fan as a kid up through HS.

I predict:

1. The morons in the press will build up the drumbeat for Fields because they know the fans want him to play and they want clicks (you do know the press manipulates you, right?) You all will continue your myopic obsession over Fields and how bad Nagy sucks for not starting him.

2. The morons in the stands will scream for Justin and boo AD every time the Bears are on offense, basically ruining the team’s efforts, driving AD (a very good man and QB) out, and forcing Nagy’s hand. This will be disgusting to watch.

3. Fields will be in somewhere around games 5-8. The ovation will be tremendous. Y’all will probably start fapping furiously when it happens.

4. Fields will do OK. He will make some spectacular plays with his legs and arm.

5. But then at the same time, you will notice some things going wrong.

6. Fields may be the only first round rookie QB not starting this season but he will also be the only rookie with a truly bad OL (which of course Nagy knows and y’all and the press refuse to admit or even contemplate). This will result in sacks. And Justin won’t want sacks. So he will start dropping his eyes while in the pocket and losing sight of receivers. Because he’s a rookie. And it’s natural to do that. And that will yield bad results in the pocket. Because not only will he not see receivers but he won’t see the fifty different ways that teams are trying to mess with his head doing post-snap adjustments (disguised man, disguised zone, disguised blitz, and all the packages defensive coordinators dream of doing to rookie QB’s which you don’t see in the preseason you morons). And he’ll get picked, several times, because he won’t see those adjustments.

7. To compensate, JF will just go on the run. A lot. That way he can see receivers and see the defense and operate on just one side of the field (reduces complexity for young QB’s) and avoid the dreaded eye dropping and the sacks in the pocket. And so he will flush outside. Mainly to the right. Over and over.

8. Believe it or not there are teams with safeties who are as fast as JF. And they will start spying on him. And they’ll recognize that he primarily rolls right. And they will dedicate their existence to blowing him to pieces.

9. Some mad as hell safety with 4.4 speed will find him in just the right spot and just the right angle and absolutely rip JF’s head from his body. That, too, will be disgusting to watch.

10. And then I guess AD will have to go out there in front of you guys again and do his best to salvage the season.

All because nobody has enough sense to accept that YOU DON’T START A ROOKIE QB BEHIND A SHITTY OFFENSIVE LINE!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If it wasn’t for your obvious Dalton bias tainting your entire analysis…you have a couple ok points to start off with. Then it takes a nosedive…kinda like Dalton’s NFL career has been…

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disclaimer: I’m a Dalton fan. He’s playing for the Bears, which to me is cool because of my being a huge Bears fan as a kid up through HS.

I predict:

1. The morons in the press will build up the drumbeat for Fields because they know the fans want him to play and they want clicks (you do know the press manipulates you, right?) You all will continue your myopic obsession over Fields and how bad Nagy sucks for not starting him.

2. The morons in the stands will scream for Justin and boo AD every time the Bears are on offense, basically ruining the team’s efforts, driving AD (a very good man and QB) out, and forcing Nagy’s hand. This will be disgusting to watch.

3. Fields will be in somewhere around games 5-8. The ovation will be tremendous. Y’all will probably start fapping furiously when it happens.

4. Fields will do OK. He will make some spectacular plays with his legs and arm.

6. Fields may be the only first round rookie QB not starting this season but he will also be the only rookie with a truly bad OL (which of course Nagy knows and y’all and the press refuse to admit or even contemplate). This will result in sacks. And Justin won’t want sacks. So he will start dropping his eyes while in the pocket and losing sight of receivers. Because he’s a rookie. And it’s natural to do that. And that will yield bad results in the pocket. Because not only will he not see receivers but he won’t see the fifty different ways that teams are trying to mess with his head doing post-snap adjustments (disguised man, disguised zone, disguised blitz, and all the packages defensive coordinators dream of doing to rookie QB’s which you don’t see in the preseason you morons). And he’ll get picked, several times, because he won’t see those adjustments.

7. To compensate, JF will just go on the run. A lot. That way he can see receivers and see the defense and operate on just one side of the field (reduces complexity for young QB’s) and avoid the dreaded eye dropping and the sacks in the pocket. And so he will flush outside. Mainly to the right. Over and over.

8. Believe it or not there are teams with safeties who are as fast as JF. And they will start spying on him. And they’ll recognize that he primarily rolls right. And they will dedicate their existence to blowing him to pieces.

9. Some mad as hell safety with 4.4 speed will find him in just the right spot and just the right angle and absolutely rip JF’s head from his body. That, too, will be disgusting to watch.

10. And then I guess AD will have to go out there in front of you guys again and do his best to salvage the season.

All because nobody has enough sense to accept that YOU DON’T START A ROOKIE QB BEHIND A SHITTY OFFENSIVE LINE!
So. You're suggesting the Bears never start Fields? The Bears lime has been shifty for 5-6 years or longer. Curious if that trend continues you forever sit him? Curious? Seems like your argument dictates this metric test.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
So. You're suggesting the Bears never start Fields? The Bears lime has been shifty for 5-6 years or longer. Curious if that trend continues you forever sit him? Curious? Seems like your argument dictates this metric test.

That is a great point. My thought is you wait to at least the midpoint of the season. That way Fields has seen some defenses do NFL-level adjustments (which he has never seen before) and the line has had a chance to gel (hell we just got our starting LT two weeks ago from a fishing trip!).

if the season is going well and we could make playoffs, JF’s appearances should be situational. If the season is essentially over then you play him full time. But only starting at game 10 or so.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
he will also be the only rookie with a truly bad OL (which of course Nagy knows and y’all and the press refuse to admit or even contemplate)
LOL what board are you on, Cubs?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No reprieve there bro. If they lose the vaginal secretions round here will reach tsunami-like proportions
I don’t mind it as much when it’s over a real loss. It’s the endless speculation and hand wringing over shit that hasn’t happened yet that drives me nuts.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
It's quite inaccurate to say that no one acknowledged that the O line has some major problems.

you can read hundreds of posts on this board or the ridiculous “media” articles about how JF should start “RIGHT NOW”and Nagy is an “IDIOT” but virtually none of them are sober enough to say: “wait a minute, maybe Nagy isn’t starting him because we have the worst or next-to-worst line in the entire NFL.”

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
That way Fields has seen some defenses do NFL-level adjustments (which he has never seen before)
Does prior year film not exist? This isn't a new offense. Mitch tape is probably more relevant to Fields than Dalton tape will be.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's quite inaccurate to say that no one acknowledged that the O line has some major problems.
This. This is pretty much the main reason given for not starting him

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I predict:

A safety spying is pretty dumb. He'll just go over the top to the 1 on 1